All my enemies act neutral towards me!

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SeOsiris.

• Hi, im new to crossfire ,something has happened to my game, somehow i just started mission 5 on the SP campaing even thought i didnt go to juni in cambridge and i cant do bar missions because of that. Whats worse is that now all my enemies (like corsairs, gaians, etc) are acting neutral towards me, they turn hostile if i kill any of their ships but once i dock somewhere and then undock they become neutral again despite the fact that in my faction relationship tab(F8) they all appear as hostile.

Im not sure what could have caused this. In my saved games i noticed some saves titled Mission 5: Cambridge, Cambridge; when i load those(to know where did i start the mission) i appear at the "battleship hood" in dublin that is near the race track. I did some bar missions there without trouble before all these bugs beggan. If i remember correctly in vanilla you meet someone in that battleship to do a race further in the campaing, is it possible that going there before the campaign took me there triggered these problems?

PS: I tried reporting it to the bug tracker like the "Trouble Reports - Bugtracker" thread said, but it said page not found, so im sorry if this isnt the place to ask for help.

• 1. if they are neutral, how do you know they are enemies? (ignore that question)

2. did you by some point activate by any point the OpenSP setting?

3. We dont have a Bugtracker anymore. But we have a fancy Ticketsystem. If you posted on some kind of Bugtracker I have no idea where you actually left a report.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 1)You told me to ignore it but ill answer just in case, i just check the list of all ships nearby, and i can see when they are corsairs, gaians, etc.

2)Im not sure what the open SP setting is or how to activate it, could you explain so i can see if i activated it accidentaly?

3)I didnt submit anything in the bug tracker, i couldnt find it, i just apologized in case thats were it was supposed to go, but you clarified that it doesnt exist anymore.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Edit: Also i paid Mollys to become friends, so i could buy the "bastard VHF" from their base, dont know if this could have anything to do with it, after all i kept playing normally for a while before any issues arised.

Edit 2: Okay i found the openSP option in settings, and no, i never activated it.

Edited once, last by SeOsiris ().

• it has to be inactive

the question is if at some point the broken reputations were stored into a savegame

but that is hard to tell... all you can do is try to load a previous one and see if the reputations are messed up

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Greetings SeOsiris, singleplayer campaign quite often do changes to reputation with local factions how its needed for the story. What you have described imo looks like problem with "not followed" mission path, which can under certain circumenstances (it happens, but there is not any clear indication when and why) break campaign. You can only use latest MISSION save and check if this corrected situation for you. There is one more thing which have big potencial for break campain, and it is use of "autosaves". They contain (can contain) breaked code and was reported more times that they can corrupt also mission savegame(s).