Freelancer and Crossfire

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I would like to know if it is possible to have the game Freelancer installed and have another folder with Freelancer installed and Crossfire mod loaded on that game. Can you play Freelancer and Crossfire separately but on the same computer?

• Hello timothystow,

yes this should be possible if you do the following steps:

1. Install Freelancer, play it for a while.

2. Make a backup copy of entire Freelancer game folder (backup #1), and leave the original folder intact.

3. Make a backup of My Documents/My Games/Freelancer folder (backup #2), and delete the original.

4. Install Crossfire (first FLMM, then CF installer, then activate in FLMM) and play it for a while.

5. Make a backup of entire Freelancer game folder again (backup #3).

6. Make a backup of My Documents/My Games/Freelancer (backup #4).

After that, if you want to play Freelancer, delete game folder and FL folder in documents, and restore them from backups #1 and #2.

And if you want to play Crossfire again, restore from #3 and #4.

In theory this should work without issues. Don't forget to update the backups if you want to save your progress in CF or FL.

Thinking a bit further, one can even write a simple batch script that swaps backup and original folders, for use as a switch between installations.

Hope this helps!

• a more comfortable way is to use virtual machines. of course, it's more resource-consuming. a Win-7-machine for example needs around 50 GB. but the advantages are worth it.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Lol none of these options seem more comfortable than simply having 2 folders xD Used to have 4 at once when I was exploring things.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis