Crossfire 1.62 status

There are 148 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Neorok.

• so far ive fixed 149 irregularities (bugs) in CF1.61 and about 30-40 are still there to be fixed

problem is that they are very hard to fix and it will take very much time
    somehow i expect more errors because of these fixes so i dont expect to release cf1.62 that soon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Inferno
    i just have a question.
    are we going to have download 191 MG AGAIN or only update??

u enjoy pissing op, isnt it? ?(

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• you say that to me Arvedui???

lol, what problems you have???

im just asking because i dont have FLAT rate like all others here and i have limited download. THATS why im asking, and
    btw. i think OP is a great player and mod creator so there is NO WAY im going to "piss" on him

• Hey guys chill a bit ok... I dont think Inferno wants to piss OP up, and even when he does, I dont think OP needs protection from him :D .

OP, just an idea for next tests... maybe it would be useful to make a list of all bugs you have fixed or you will fix to organize the testing...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• impossible

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• sorry i do not understand the pessimistc way you choose to fix the bugs. you say "impossible" and "very much time" and "more erros", everyone wants to help you but you do not even recognize those offers.
    everone wants to help and i think everyone can help.
    don't say "oh it will be hard", attend those offers and you'll get it fixed,
    I'm positive,

Tr2e

Quid agis, dulcissime rerum?

• This thread was a courtesy to make players aware of the status of 1.62.

Not an open invitation for another discussion about our opinions.

I am not trying to sound rude or abrasive, but if he wants help, he knows who to contact.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• what you call pessimism is pure realism

nobody of you know the code... nobody of you has the experience or the knowledge to help
    you dont even know what is needed to help

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• it's typical to write 10-20 posts about "how difficult the problem is" and making nothing, sorry dude, that's not a pilot's motivation. i know difficult codes, very difficult codes in different languages. the code won't change unless you change it.
    words and works differs in one letter: d and k . but the attitude between those words differs in many ways of thinkings.
    this is not real criticism, it's only a hint for all who want to play CF. and if the code seems to be tricky, let's conquer it.
    nothing is impossible. :)

you dont even know what is needed to help

...unless you show us ...

• ok if you are so clever then tell me what this does mean:

"E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Common\Ai\IBehaviorManager.cpp(206) : *** WARNING: IBehaviorManager: state graph not found in database!"

(its an easy one)

and tell me how you want to edit something without having both, client and server version

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well i am not an expert i think its a prob with the Ai`s :D well inow i aam wrong but it could be :P

Tr2e : let Op in peace ,i think he dont like to unswer such nerving questions :O

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

well i am not an expert i think its a prob with the Ai`s

well you also could have written "i think its a prob with Freelancer"
    the result would have been the same

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Do you know what is need to do some code of anything. Especially if you didnt design the original code. If you dont have the experience, forget it cause no matter how hard someone could try to explain you, art the end, you will do nothing. And when I mean coding I dont mean using freelancer explorer tool.

Anyway, as it was said, 70-80% of the bugs work out so no need to rush. Just follow the actual rules of no using what is bugged (which was written in plain and simple english) and let the man be.

Have a nice day

RG

PS: really, some guys remind me the energizer batteries ads for the bunny...just keep going and going and...
    PS2: forget about the server files too

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)

• lol, sorry i thought you were that smart to recognize that people who want to code, need the code (means server+client). ok from now on i will write my thinkings in a detailed way:
    the question you ask is like "what does brian drink?". if i don't know the context in this c++ code I unfortunatley cannot evaluate this single line.
    first while regarding this line it would lead me to take a look at the database to search the entry IBehaviorManager. It shouldn't be there because the compiler did not find this "state graph" variable.
    it's like "what's goig on with this stone", but i have to see the whole house to see why's the stone there and what for.

I think a lot of peeps misunterstood me. i want no flame, criticism etc. I want results for me and the community and especially for our admin, results which can be forced by us.

I think for some people work is conterminous to temper. Don't be afraid of what I wrote, this is no furor discussion or whatever. It's a work oriented thing. for those who don't understand my purpose, don't get in awful fear, I don't want your money :) :D

und mal nebenbei für den admin: ich verstehe deine haltung nicht, wieso nutzt du nicht den kontakt zu anderen und nimmst deren hilfe an? es sind doch nicht nur zocker unter uns sondern auch coder (z.B. meine wenigkeit), das ist irgendwie sehr kontraproduktiv oder nicht? klär mich auf!

• tr2e

("E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Common\Ai\IBehaviorManager.cpp(206) : *** WARNING: IBehaviorManager: state graph not found in database!)

It looks to me as though state transitions are handled using a graph of valid states that one can get to from the current state. The error message gives the line in the c++ implementation file but does not give any information on the current state or the intended state which means to it is hard to find the missing transition.

To solve this problem properly it would be useful to set up regression tests that not only test all valid transitions but just as importantly check that we cannot go to invalid states. This would require exception handling that did not crash the server but would just log the required information and continue with the tests.

Of course you would also need to know the valid transitions without refering to the graph as this is basically what you would be testing.

This is a lot of work for one of the simple bugs and I would say that if you were not prepared to go to this sort of effort then it would be best just to stop adding to this thread and let OP get on with it.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

lol, sorry i thought you were that smart to recognize that people who want to code, need the code (means server+client). ok from now on i will write my thinkings in a detailed way:
    the question you ask is like "what does brian drink?". if i don't know the context in this c++ code I unfortunatley cannot evaluate this single line.
    first while regarding this line it would lead me to take a look at the database to search the entry IBehaviorManager. It shouldn't be there because the compiler did not find this "state graph" variable.
    it's like "what's goig on with this stone", but i have to see the whole house to see why's the stone there and what for.

I think a lot of peeps misunterstood me. i want no flame, criticism etc. I want results for me and the community and especially for our admin, results which can be forced by us.

and i thought you were that smart to recognize that I never would give out the serverfiles... especially not to some1 who is on 2 KOS lists

you dont like the question??????
    sorry but such lines are the only way to find bugs... and i dont have the c++ code either
    so if you fail already here with this simple problem (coz ur explaination is wrong) then you are for sure no help fixing bugs

the "state graph" aka "state_graph" is a value used npc-ship definitions... it "states the graph" the ship icon and the behavior of the AI towards this shipclass
    the error means that one of these entries are written wrong... now you only need to find the correct file (coz there are about 15 that definy npc-ships)
    because you dont know which of those files you will have to check all files and waste much time while the original mod create (me) knows which file has been changed and where the error might be

Ergo: while you would be still searching for the first simple errors i would already be uploading the new version

und um deinen letzten kommentar aufzugreifen... ich lasse niemanden an den mod und das hat nen einfachen grund... keiner von euch hat die erfahrung und weiss warum ich was in den code geschrieben hab... und ich werde auch nicht zulassen dass da irgendjemand der von nix ahnung hat an CF rumpfuscht und noch mehr bugs reinbaut als vorher schon drin waren... bugs die ich dann zu fixen hab
    und nochwas... ich hab desöfteren nach hilfe gefragt bei anderen projekten und ich warte noch immer auf antwort... soviel zu dieser "hilfe"

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,