Crossfire LAN server

There are 69 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• It would be nice to play on LANs, but you have to understand that it is the hard work of others, and it has to be enjoyed on the terms they set forth, so no LAN is inconvienient, but understandable. I have a bunch of peeps here that only play FL on LAN, and i have wanted them to try CF, but I have had to tell them the same thing so they are missing out on a good thing. Its the loss of the player if they can not face the world and play with all that wish to play at once.

Originally posted by Mikey
    so is there any way a lan version of the server files could be released? I know that hacking ect is feared, but all I want to do is be able to play the thing with other people :S and when I try to get on the server it always lags and I can never shoot straight :P
    Oh well, I suppose I will just have to keep on playing open SP.

Really, me and TassieDevil and others come from the southern hemisphere, and we don't get too much lag. Are you using dialup or something? If you are then perhaps get cable or, failing that, ADSL. Prices on ADSL and cable have dropped quite a lot recently.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
    - John Greenleaf

Funny how a super manly show about awesomeness makes people bawl like little girls.
    - MySpaceBarBroke on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Originally posted by Shados

Really, me and TassieDevil and others come from the southern hemisphere, and we don't get too much lag. Are you using dialup or something? If you are then perhaps get cable or, failing that, ADSL. Prices on ADSL and cable have dropped quite a lot recently.

Its actually been working alot better recently, must be something that got unblocked.

[726]

• I have a cable conection, usually a very good connection, but nowadays it's really laggy!! I don't know why my internet provider lowered my connection to 256kbps!! I used to have 4 times that!!. I just discovered that today, and unless i get that fixed on monday, i'll change the internet provider ASAP. [3]

Originally posted by Chrysocyon_ZERO
    I have a cable conection, usually a very good connection, but nowadays it's really laggy!! I don't know why my internet provider lowered my connection to 256kbps!! I used to have 4 times that!!. I just discovered that today, and unless i get that fixed on monday, i'll change the internet provider ASAP. [3]

Maybe you hit your download limt? I know my friend has cable and he hit his 20gb a month limit one month (yeah, I wonder how he did it), so they dropped his speed waaaay down.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
    - John Greenleaf

Funny how a super manly show about awesomeness makes people bawl like little girls.
    - MySpaceBarBroke on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

• Hey guys, ;-)

is the crossfire server frequently down today? I ask, because I could only connect twice via LAN, the other LAN-attempts failed. 24/7 crossfire wasn´t displayed. The same right now.

Bye
    Belphegor

• The Global Server Lists seem to be down, and alternate means of reaching the server aren't working either. Something is wrong and affecting all of us, I just don't have the slightest idea what ?(. It's been like that for about an hour I think. Hard to say when it'll be back up.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I keep an eye on the server list...the CF server was online for...20 minutes or something...but only showed up on the swat-portal-page...didnt see it on the server list
    Then something more strange..another server, noting installed (version 0.0) BUT exactly the same IP address

Now the server is offline...

I guess OP is working on something...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• The server is back online again

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• Great looking mod. But it really would be helpful to point out that you cannot create your own server (Even a simple LAN) SOMEWHERE in the information pages prior to download.

I have no problem with the creator setting the rules for the use of his hard work - but it really would have been nice not to have my time wasted since a open multiplayer is not what I am looking for.

• I am sorry for that but we are not able to synchronize more than one server with the client version

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No no, you're missing the point.

I'm just saying TELL people that on the download page or in the mod information somewhere. As it is now, the only way of finding this information out is searching for solutions once it becomes clear that trying to host a server wont work.

• No no, you're missing the point.

I'm just saying TELL people that on the download page or in the mod information somewhere. As it is now, the only way of finding this information out is searching for solutions once it becomes clear that trying to host a server wont work.

No no, YOU'RE missing the point.

If he tells people that, then you won't have to register on the forum to view all the posts in this thread explaining over and over again that the creator of this mod never learned how to share when he was in preschool. Instead he learned how to coerce all the other kids on the playground into only playing in his superior sandbox that he built, with his rules only.

This mod looks really cool, but I refuse to play it (on the official crossfire server or otherwise) until the server files are made available. I appreciate all the time and effort that went into creating this mod as much as the next person, but for crying out loud at least open the server files up to people who donate or something.

• no you dont appreciate it nor do you actually care about what i said... instead you come here to insult me (yes you do).... and exactly that is reason for me to be glad that you dont play on the official server

so... ill say it another time

I am sorry for that but we are not able to synchronize more than one server with the client version

the client versions get their data ONLY from the official server

even if I would release the server files you would never get a CF server running stable as the clients could never synchronize with your server
    it falls into the category "technically not possible"

putting that aside... the creation of the server files for that particular server took me several weeks (they are build for exactly that server)
    i dont think that you could do such changes for your server nor am i interested spending my time to do it for your server (especially after your first post on my forum)

... so have fun playing something else

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• We can actually learn from him .. :S

He is taking the 'Pirate' roleplay to the extreme... ' You have done al lthe work ... now GIVE TO ME... ' :cursing:

I would also like a lan version, but I understand the issues and prefer the play MP online in any case .. there are were all my mates are.. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work OP ...

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460