Crossfire LAN server

There are 69 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello there, I really love the Crossfire mod for Freelancer, but for some reason I cant seem to get a LAN server working for it. I go to flserver.exe with FLMM and click start server and all that but when I go into freelancer to play it the server says that it is version 1.0 and I cannot join. How do you host a server on the mod?
    Also, are there any server managers like the IONCROSS one that work for Crossfire?
    Thankyou for all your help,
    Mikey

[726]

• Search the forums for similiar threads...

I`ll say it again: THE CROSSFIRE MOD IS CRATED ONLY FOR THE CROSSFIRE SERVER, & NO OTHERSERVER ELSE!!!

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• And plz do not freak out like other did just acept theat you cant do it and basta came play with as all and it willl be even more fun :D

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• Okay, Thankyou, the only problem with the server is that I am located in Australia, and whenever I connect to the server it is far too laggy for me to play happily... oh well, thanks anyway.

[726]

• Today!? the server has been with a little lag today. Perhaps because of some player joining the server with corrupt files... Don't give up, beeing from Australia isn't such a big deal..

• One of BG members is from Australia only his ISP has caused him probs

Originally posted by Mikey
    Okay, Thankyou, the only problem with the server is that I am located in Australia, and whenever I connect to the server it is far too laggy for me to play happily... oh well, thanks anyway.

There are several members of our server from Australia and New Zealand and they move along quite well.

Check with your ISP

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• hm if you have tcpip aktivatet it would be a chance to help its direction between crossover and patch and it would help even though if you can also open ports for more speed. if you have like t1 connexion then you got speed enough also.
    in ours country whe have not so much fust speed.

• For LaserJet's info, a LAN is mostly used as a privite server for small groups to play on, most of the time those little empty servers that you seem to can't get on are mosty LAN's that show up on the internet screen.
    But to answer Mikey's question, You will have to change FLservers version to the same version as CF with Reshacker.

Ioncross doesn't work well becuase it was made to run on versions 1.0 and 1.1. You can still use it, you just can't get into the controls.

• ioncross does run pretty good with changed version... no matter what version... all you need to do is to set the version correctly

oh and crossfire does not work if you dont have the correct serverfiles... to change the version number does not work... it will end with a big crash

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• O well, me and a group of people(about 12 or 15) play differnt mods on a LAN and we did play crossfire one weekend and all we had to do is change FLserver to it's version and it worked fine for us, we didn't use Ioncross, so there was never any need for the server files.

• since version 1.6 there is no chance to play CF without correct serverfiles

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @ HEY2044
    I know what LAN is... I said NO OTHER SERVER ELSE. That means neither I-Net servers & LAN servers

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• so is there any way a lan version of the server files could be released? I know that hacking ect is feared, but all I want to do is be able to play the thing with other people :S and when I try to get on the server it always lags and I can never shoot straight :P
    Oh well, I suppose I will just have to keep on playing open SP.

[726]