Star Trek Discovery

There are 87 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• After I saw the concepts arts of the new Federation ships, so I am sure they are talking about the ships :-D. I get it, it is 900 years in the future, but still, they look sooo wrong...well, like most of the ships in the show. Also I still cannot digest the Discovery era shuttles in Picard. Using a minimum 144 year old ship tech and design for no logical reason? C'mooon that is just lazy lazy production work. Also the USS Cherritos. How can you connect the saucer, nacelles and the engineering in such a stupid, ugly way. It hurts my Star Trek eyes but I love that show.

• you are trying to tell me that where you live these kinds of cars are not driving on the streets anymore?

264008.jpg

:thinking_face::zany_face:

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• They are not. It is shocking and such a waste of technology. They have wheels, an engine, seats and stuff, what more there is to want? Also there are jets flying around, but why? We should have just stayed at the Bleriot XI...it had wings, engine, a fuselage a pilot seat and other stuff, so why move forward, makes not sense.

I can understand the Miranda and Excelsior classes...back then they had a smaller budged to they had to reuse the same two darn ships over and over again. But nowadays, when fan can create better, more detailed and more in-lore ships than the studios it is unacceptable. Anyway angry nerd rant is over.

• i can understand when large ships get a refit or retrofit... it just does not make much sense for small craft.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The last 2 episodes in season 3 did put me into a non-stop head-shaking mode. Ive seen stupid scifi plots before but not that stupid.

A child cried on a dil planet inside a nebula and that caused all dilithium in the galaxy to explode. Thats the big thing, the reason why season 3 exists. I think the pitch meeting for this took no longer than 2 minutes.

The explanation was that Dilithium has a subspace component somehow. It never had before because it was nothing but the moderating component of the matter-antimatter reaction. The only subspace component ever on starships were the warp coils and the deflector dish.

Burnham is captain now... despite all her failures and ignorance of the command chain. It cant get any worse from that point anymore... ok... i think it can get worse now.

Weak story, week character development (infact in the last 2 episodes they threw every bit of positive character development overboard again in order to favor the Burnham show).

And then there was this 5mins turbolift ride in a large empty dark room on the discovery that almost looked like a city at night.

That was ridiculous.

At an estimated speed of lets say 30km/h in these 5mins the turbolift would have traveled 2.5km. It did not change direction... so you would have to assume that this dark empty room with not much in it is at least 2.5km big.... inside a ship that has a length of only 750m (of which 50% are the nancelles and about 20% is the saucer section which is seperated by gaps). Not sure where they squeeze such a large ship into that tiny ship and why that ships even has such a large room of wasted space inside.

Oh and now you dont even need tardigrade dna anymore to pilot the spore drive? I guess the job security of certain crew members suddenly decreased.

The episode before that even totally disproved the entire plot of season 3.

The orion lady captured the discovery and jumped straight to the federation HQ using the spore drive. From the that nebula which was out of reach for scanners etc... so far away that no federation ship could reach it.

Book and Burnham followed the discovery using that smaller ship and arrived at the federation HQ just a minute after the discovery arrived there. That whole travel over that ridiculously large distance just took them a 1-2 mins.

The plot/setting of the season was that everything broke together because travel is impossible or at least ultra difficult. That one episode disproved the entire plot of season 3.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That turbolift scene was awful. Like a cheap B-movie scene. There is no way Discovery can fit all that inside it. Every ST show before the Discovery had normal plausible turbolift shaft, but normal things are too boring I guess. Season 3 and the previous seasons too had a few nice dialogues and speeches, I shed a tear a few times and that quote at the end is beautiful, but the whole show is a messy stinking shit. The show is clearly not made by true fans. Maybe Season 4 will be good, but I do not really care. I am binge watching The Expanse and that is a show done right. Shame it will end with season 6.

• remind me please... what does sci stand for?

really... thats the discovery... not the tardis

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• not?

a 5mins turbolift ride straight into one direction at ~30km/h = 2.5km distance inside a ship with a length of only 0.75km

seriously :confused_face:

a room as big as a city inside a ship that was build for only ~80 crew members :pensive_face:

all federation future federation ships (1000 years of improve tech) open fire on the discovery and cant even cause a single scratch to the hull :yawning_face:

Star Trek Discovery is just very bad fan fiction (even though i doubt that the creators are fans of star trek).

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I hope you are sitting right now because that might be shocking to you. Santa does not exist. His real name is Satan.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• strangely lower decks is better than discovery

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• and the shitshow continues ;)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,