CF Server Protection

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Corp.

• I was talking about this with corp this afternoon

we are going to integrate some changes into cf1.6
    such as a heavy cheatprotection
    every1 that is going to edit CF files wont be able to run the game anymore
    every1 going to create serverfiles wont be able to run the game anymore

-> no cheaters
    -> no unauthorized servers

how it will be done will stay secret... right now its going to be tested and we will see if its working 100%

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• But then we won't have any cheaters we can put on KOS!! ;)

I think that will be good for the CF comunity! Most people work hard to earn their credits and it sucks when there are some people who think they can steal their money!! because cheating is for me a kind of stealing $$ from the server and the other players!

And that will stop the (most time) stupid argumentations with 10 equal posts:"But I didn't cheat!"

Would be great if that will come in the future!! [thumb]

• Great ,if u need any testing give me a call,email tho msn is screwing up my modem:(

• every cheater protection can be cracked and then the ppl say "look the server/hashcodes/blablabla say that i am not cheating..."

dont understand me wrong, a cheater protection is good but never trust

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• If you want to test it I am for it. I think I will be a good choice cause I use 2 CF 1.57..the original to play online and a little modded one when I play single player. SO If you want I could mod a beta version of the new CF to see if the protection works (one thing to notice is that Im not a modder, I just use fl explorer and IONCORSS CE to test new upgraded on single player)

SIncerely,

RG

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it

• marc is right - there is no 100% protection

but if it is working then i would say its a 98% protection coz from what i know about it then the only around it would be to destroy the mod

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, good idea. And make it so that new players aren't considered cheaters. Its just weird to see a bunch of level 18 players marked red just because their starting money is 150k.

But in that case, could you really change the music in the bars back to what it was, because if file editing will be counted as cheating, then I'll be on the black list for changing the music myself... :D

Of course I could get used to it and turn off my speakers, lets not get into that right now though.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• the other 2 % can be checked by SP ,would make our life much easier:)

• i want to edit some things too (no intro movies)

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• <------Here's your other 2%.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    how it will be done will stay secret... right now its going to be tested and we will see if its working 100%

Auto comparing files timestamps between each other from the time they've been compiled/installed?! :D Just an idea

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    marc is right - there is no 100% protection

but if it is working then i would say its a 98% protection coz from what i know about it then the only around it would be to destroy the mod

Indeed, if not for other things, at least because i am 100% sure you will implement it very wisely.

The only around it is to crack it, then the only defense here is the project itself ... why to spend time cracking a mod just for some lamer noobs who cheat and spoil everything?
    Ill try (ill try depending on time and willingness) to make it, in 2nd release, not so obvious so it cant be used as a cracking learning example for newbies.

About people wanting to change things but no cheating, well is up to op. Somethings can be free on will with the tool projected, others maybe need an extra effort, uhmmm, i dont think i want be working on this for a long time, well if some1 wants to pay ... maybe, hahahaha.