mod item concept

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Baldwin.

• Is it possible to create an item that can be something such as loot that can change the faction tag or name on your player name to something else?

I was wondering since I got an idea about a Crossfire event while watching football and we could do if it was possible, if not it'll be a really hard one to comprehend.

The event is going to be something like soccer cept with guns. :D

This item would be needed in the event to show who is the "ball carrier" and act as a ball. So, lets say Darkstalker picked up the loot, instantly the "Navy" faction name on his player name would change to *BALLKEEPER*.

Also if this is possible in Freelancer we should make a new place in the arena to house the field that could also serve as an arena for two other events I'm thinking of. Two planets, one race ring about 3k from the docking ring, and a short one way trade lane to the other planet with the same specs. Can prolly be built 30k from Issos.

• dunno if its possible but i had the same idea with licences

one thing is a problem.... only freighters drop items

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hmm, damn :(

was a nice idea...least that proposed Arena area can still be used for the other two events while the CF Flagball is under revision :D

Red Rover: Old childrens game where your team forms a line holding hands while they call someone over. If the person breaks free then they can take one person from that team, and if they dont then they get stuck on that team. The race ring would be the "breaking through" point while players positioned themselves (no holding hands ;) ) around the ring area to shoot down and kill the player, "the not breaking through point". Only one person can go and the team can only bid them good luck as they wait. However you cannot cruise through.

King of the Base Assualt Hill: Speaks for itself. Once a team breaks through the outer rim of a area the defending team has a set amount of time to wipe out the attacking forces as many times possible to gain a score; ie: CSF wipes ASF out of the area for 7 seconds before time is up so they gain a point. Teams take turns attacking and defending in that set amount of time. During that battle, landing on the enemy planet is not permitted.