CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• ur right the name is "Reunion"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Titan_addict
    All I can say Op, is you'd better make sure the server can handle about 60 at a time cause once this hits the Lancer's Reactor and the Crossfire community, EVERYbody's gonna want to play in your sandbox. :-)

Just out of curiousity, how is the massive number of players on the server going to be handled? Lag might be terrible unless something is done to prevent everyone from immediately diving into this spectacular mod. Should the most experienced players from 1.57 get first shot at it, or will the endless tide of players be managed by kicks from the server police when things get overcrowded? Chould a server password keep things from boiling over? Perhaps these all bad ideas; maybe there won't be a problem at all...

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Didn't OP say he was working on some sort of lag-reduction system?

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
    - John Greenleaf

Funny how a super manly show about awesomeness makes people bawl like little girls.
    - MySpaceBarBroke on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

• yes 40% of the lag reduction system are finished

right now im working on infocards, and the old CF systems (a full cleanup)
    in CF1.6 you wont have tradelanes through asteroids anymore... the lanes will have exclusions

and there will be more objects + bases + lanes
    but it looks like i will need the whole rest of the week for it... after that i can start with the new systems... the story elements... the placement of ships + equipment + the final stages on the lag reduction + cheat protection

btw. the holoprojector concept did work on the first few tests but i will have to limit its use due to the reduction of lag (it will be rare, expensive and will take very much energy from your ship to keep up the hologram of the "Yamato")

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Adv. Licences Concept:

when you buy a licence a tag will appear over your ship
    ASF Licence -> blue tag
    CSF Licence -> red tag
    Pirate Licence -> violett
    Police Licence -> green tag
    Smuggler Licence -> turquose
    Merc Licence -> yellow

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• About last what OP posted - can we only see others tags no the tag on our own ships?! Also wont this distract a bit when pvp (also with the red cross combination especially)?!

About the prices i suggested - can be done that BSs and gunboats/destroyer/cruisers have a specific level required to buy them - not only to have the money for them but to be over a specific level?

• Those licences are cool 8)

OP, what about some "event licences"? For example for the assault event, one team can mount green, and the other blue licences/tags, so you can see easily who is the enemy and who the friend...if the teams are big, it would be veeeery helpful

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• Nice concept, i've never seen anything like this.
    Hey riddick, good idea, with that would be possible to organize two teams to play football :D! (or soccer in US and Canada)

About the prices i suggested - can be done that BSs and gunboats/destroyer/cruisers have a specific level required to buy them - not only to have the money for them but to be over a specific level?

the lvl restrictions are only for the Singleplayer

eventlicences would be possible but then ppl would have to unmount their ASF/CSF licences and as soon they get killed those licences are lost

yes it is possible to mount 2 licences at once ... but im not going to edit all ships (models + stats) again

those licences dont have many polygons or big textures... and the old licences (cf1.58) also use models for those licences (models that cant be seen)
    its just a small difference

well i dont think that there will be a problem during fights... coz those tags are close to the ships
    even you see the crosshair coz its far away from the ship or if its close then it doesnt even matter coz of the autoaiming
    mostly those tags are very dark so you wont mix them up with other hud elements

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• [1752] [1752] [1752] All hail OP: God of CF!

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm going back to the server. :D

• yeah worship me - lol

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ah cmon a few hours ago i was a god and now im only a king?

damn - fucking demotions ^^

well ok today i was working on the systems a little bit
    the tradelanes are now cleaned (no roids anymore)
    several small errors have been corrected
    and ive start to create the first 19 new stations and decided to make them more detailed than those old stations (some pics below)
    i will still need to create new infocards/names/npcs/equipment/ships/commodity/room-settings for those stations (-> that will take some time now)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• another idea: what about some new missiles, for example like the screamers in SL? They cant follow the target, dont have as much damage as the normal missiles, but they are damn fast

...I used only them in SL 8)

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• I'm guessing that role is already somewhat filled by the new model of torpedo that's going to be in the mod (or so I've heard).

• well yes such a torpedo does exist now ^^
    very high damage but extremly slow and you can only carry 1-2 of them (depending on your ship)
    not to mention that those torps are expensive

-> real BS killers

well and the missiles i already have new missiles integrated but beside the name they dont have much in common with the SL versions (800 years is a long time to develop a targeting system for a screamer)

Banshee Missile Launcher
    A single missile designed to penetrate shield and armour, detonating its warhead on piercing the enemy ships hull.

Hawk Missile Launcher
    This missile is extremely agile together with a very long range.

Havok Missile Launcher
    Explodes a short distance from enemy targets, emitting a shockwave.

Imp Missile Launcher
    Missile explodes on proximity of the target, destroying or disabling the shields of any enemy ships within the blast zone.

Jackhammer Missile Launcher
    Slow missile, which can bypass most shield defence. Most effective against static targets

Raptor Missile Launcher
    An energy recognition missile. Fast locking and highly effective against enemy fighters.

Vagabond Missile Launcher
    A powerful fast locking single missile, which can remain locked to a stealth ship even after its cloaked.

Screamer Missile Launcher
    This is the basic missile originally used by the Alliance.

Solomon Missile Launcher
    This missile is very effective and does heavy damage to your oppenents ship.

i also finished those 19 new stations just a few mins ago with everything that need to be on it(infocards, new tradelanes, equipment, commodities, ships, npcs, news,....)
    -> those bases use a high variation of rooms and factions

Campos Station
    Campos is one of the new Outposts of the Liberty Forces. The Liberty government decided to create more Bases for their opperations in the new systems so this Station has been created just a few years ago.

Karnak Prison
    Due to the upcoming trade activities and the creation of many new Stations and Colonies there was an upcoming need for new prisons in this area to have a secure hold of the criminals.

Perg Shipyard
    This shipyard is a common project of the Sirius houses to construct all kinds of gunboats here.

Carmona Shipyard
    The need to have heavy armed ships and the nomad threat has lead us to the point where even the freelancers need more protection than just a heavy fighter. The governments of the Sirius houses decided to to open this shipyard to produce cruisers and destroyers for 'civil' use.

Capua Station
    IMG used the chance and purchased one of the rare licences to create a station in this area. Now that the creation of this station has been finished IMG is using it mainly for their usual business but also as an supply depot for the Sirius houses.

Enugu Station
    Ageira Technologies have set up this station 3 years ago. Rumours tell that they are working on secret projects here far away from the influence of most other companies.

Ghats Prison
    Rising activities in neighbour systems which caused much crime lately and the high bounties that are offered these days have lead to the construction of the Ghats Prisioin.

Planet Vernon
    Planet Vernon has not much to offer. But it turned out that some rare minerals can be found not deep below the planets surface.

Karun Shipyard
    Karun Shipyard is one of the best sources if you need a new transporter. Lead by Samura Industries this Station has been turned out as very profitable.

Lhasa Station
    Kishiro Technologies decided to create an heavy factory for ship components here. Those components are delivered to the Karun Shipyard, Perg Shipyard and Carmona Shipyard for the build of those heavy ships.

Severn Station
    This Station was build by Planetform Inc. and is used as a platform for mining all the asteroids in this system. Since the creation of this station there was not a single day where the work was interupted.

Lith Station
    Lith Station is a secret depot for the Red Hessians in this system.

Saba Station
    Daumann Heavy Construction has created this new Station here to test new materials far away from any polulated worlds. What exactly they are doing here is not know.

Quetzal Station
    This mining station is lead by Kruger Minerals. It seems like those giant asteroid fields nearby are a very profitable income for them.

Pescara Station
    This mining station is lead by Kruger Minerals. It seems like those giant asteroid fields nearby are a very profitable income for them.

Novara Station
    Republican Shipping has seen its chance to create an trade outpost here. But due to the fact that the construction of more tradelanes in this areas has been delayed there is not much activity on Novara.

Murcia Station
    This station is just depot of Republican Shipping that was meant to support the Novara trade station.

Lynen Station
    The Bounty Hunters Guild has set up this station for their opperations in the neighbour systems. This station is considered as 'secret'.

Shiras Station
    Shiras Station is a secret base of the Kusari military used as base for small raids against pirate groups.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,