CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• This has happenen, seemingly randomly, 3 times to me; twice with a Deimos and once with a Dromedary. On all occasions the approach angle was from below, either at a battleship or at asteroid base. No idea whether there's a connection or if it's coincidence.

• the datadisk + the codenames mk2 are only lootable once per char

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Suppose for a moment that a clan's leader owned a battleship. What if other members of the same clan could dock with it, buy commodities and equipment, get repairs, and respawn from it? Is a moving, player-controlled base even feasible? If it is, it could add a strategic edge to clan activity. Probably an unrealistic idea, but it would still be awesome...

By the way, are looting limits even possible?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• That would be good, but impossible i guess, since those battleships use different scripts. Think this way, they're normal stations, using an battleship model.

@OP: This is weird, Wavey said he knew someone that had the exact same prob with the hydra. This seems to affect only big fighters (only fighters, no bb's, or freighters, at least with me, i've seen it happening only with fighters.)

• That is VERY much impossible. What happens if the leader signs off when someone is docked? Prolly server crash.

Plus how can you manage the inventory? Prolly possible in another game, but not Freelancer.

As for looting limits there is, but not for certain items like no looting of berlillium from a frieghter or such. I belive it is only limited by ship class.

• It also happens in SP so it can not be lag. It seems likely that it has something to do with vessel size and the geography of certain docking bays. In all in the intances where I have experienced this glitch, it has resolved itself after a few minutes of bouncing around, and the vessel has completed the docking.

• looting is definied global for all objects

and like i said those ships ard not different or bigger than others

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP, wouldn't there be a problem of looting if people started creating multiple characters just to loot the same stuff?

My 2 cents. :D

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

Originally posted by seafarer101
    It also happens in SP so it can not be lag. It seems likely that it has something to do with vessel size and the geography of certain docking bays. In all in the intances where I have experienced this glitch, it has resolved itself after a few minutes of bouncing around, and the vessel has completed the docking.

I had a similar experience docking in a very heavy fighter at Outpost Delta a few times in the earlier versions of CF. The ship would bounce around in the docking ring for awhile, taking hull damage and eventually --usually -- dock without any lasting damage. I think it's been fixed.

• I tried to dock a Shroud at Outpost Delta. I let the ship do its own thing...I ended up dying before getting to dock. Probably just a fluke.

• That shouldn't happen... I landed there many times before with no problems. I also have a Shroud. But I play MP, not SP... So I can't be of much help if this is a bug which applies to SP only... :)

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• It was just once. You have to start your approach from a rediculous angle in relation to the docking bay for it to happen. At least for now we're all safer fliers than the NPCs (who just fly into planet atmospheres half the time instead of docking).

• If i could get my pc working again i would record this with fraps.

Originally posted by seafarer101
    It seems likely that it has something to do with vessel size and the geography of certain docking bays.

I have to agree with you, since this never happened to me while i was docking with a planet, it seems that it only happens with stations.

With me, the only way to stop that, is exiting the game, and reconecting again, only to find myself trapped inside the docking bay with the doors closed.

How does the docking works? What must happen to the loading screen appears? If we could find a common thing in all the fighters with this glitch, it would be more easy to fix i guess.

For what i know, the prob aren't the stations, docking bays, or connection status, but specific to the fighters, bcuz it never happened with ships like phoenix, or komodo dragon, but it happens all the time with rage bringer or elite defender. The common point between these two: They're large.

• Uh Chief, do you mean that the shipyards are now dockable? And what do you mean they won't let you off the ship??

I haven't tried recently, but I have a Train and never managed to dock at shipyards other than Crossfire Dock 1 and 2 because they have mooring fixtures... :)

• read it from my lips

THOSE SHIPS ARE NOT LARGE... the size is equal to all others the hydra is even smaller

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,