CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• is it possible to change the max ppl in a group more than 8?

I don't fear anything.
    [SIZE=1] - Remy Bonjasky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Freelancer Videos: [ Movie 1 ][ Movie 2 ][ Movie 3 ]

Originally posted by DC_Neorok
    With all those new ships and stuff the server will hold its rep as the BEST one ever but what would be the limit for ppl online ? For now i've notised that when about
    20 or 30 are online i have this enormous LAG. So... how many ppl will the server hold?!

well u ppl never bothered to answer him so i will

the maximum amount of ppl the server can hold r 40 ppl

• thats the maximum ive entered.... not the maximum possible

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So its possible to change that number.
    And u can raise the limit of max ppl online.
    Itt would be great if u do so.

To touch the light, you must cross the darkness. To see the life you must know the death.
    [725] [694][uglygaga][40][40][40][92]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• max possible = 128

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D:D Und was ist mit Felgen??? :D:D

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• after seeing that ro9ue created custom cockpits i gave it a try aswell
    one thing is sure... i wont create more cockpits... the time needed to do that shit is not worth it (its complicated) especially coz of the fact that nearly nobody does use the cockpit view

so one of them is for alliance ships... the other for coalition

the work on the ships is running very slow... mainly because im not very motivated to do such stupid work right now
    1/5 of the ships is completed ... the others still need hardpoints and infocards

on the other side.... i used time when i was not "motivated" to do other work... like preparations for new cityscapes... and stations

i also change the bar music back to original and only coalition stations have the cantina music (but this time it will be cantina beats)

ive finished writing the first new "ingame" story and im working on some new concepts which i will introduce later

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Op, if you made some decent ship cockpits I for one would be spending most of my time "in" it. Those ones you've done there look pretty cool! :D :D :D :D
    I'd help with them but I don't have the skills or the programs to do so.... :(

• Hey good work on those two cockpits. Too bad no one uses First person view.

At least I use it... :]

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• For me it`s impossible to fight in cockpit wiew... so i don`t care much about the cockpits... but those OP made are pretty cool...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    The Holoprojector Concept

An idea i had a few days ago which theoretically seems to be possible for me...
    you mount this item on a ship and around your ship a battleship will appear
    This is just an idea atm... and needs to be tested.
    Possible problems: not enough hardpoints, viewpoints would be inside the "hologram", hull problems

Cool idea, but it would be more useful if it could be mounted and then activated during flight, because it would be annoying to have to dock at mooring fixtures when the battleship hologram is active to be able to unmount it...

My 2 cents...

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• This sounds stupid but it there going to be a different coalition docking ring then the docking rings those are used at the Colony planets?:EDIT: sorry i forgot to say that the cockpits look great :EDIT:

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• I am curious to how big a system "can" be and with how many planets , stations , etc , etc

Because imho it would be cool to have for example the Asf , Csf battle's in one uber system with planets/stations that each sell unique cards (just a thought) and you could only buy one card per fighter lets say one card takes up 90cargo units then you reached your cargo limit (Since its cargo if you die while defending your team so they can try to dock , its gone! and you have to try it again)

So if the attacking team has managed to get 8 or 10 cards as a team the defenders have failed to defend their homeworld thus lost the planet (predifine the planet that will be attacked/defended)

And also Lanes and crap ( loved altair freeflight no lanes ahem lol carrying on) like that is not really needed
    because its a event (or a reall system but without to much npc's) you have to work for your goal and it will be to easy otherwise , but it would be nice to have asteroid fields to fight in + it would be nice to have not everything on the same level with that i mean

It would be nice to have to fly Up or Down or diagonally or whatever to reach a planet or station not a strait line (hope you know what i mean)

I know it sucks but its an idea

the edit was that i said something double it is cool now

R_39*SeV

Cool idea, but it would be more useful if it could be mounted and then activated during flight, because it would be annoying to have to dock at mooring fixtures when the battleship hologram is active to be able to unmount it...

My 2 cents...

it cant be activated during the flight but you can still dock at normal stations or planets....
    im not sure if i will integrate this feature to CF1.6 - more tests needs to be done

This sounds stupid but it there going to be a different coalition docking ring then the docking rings those are used at the Colony planets?:EDIT: sorry i forgot to say that the cockpits look great :EDIT:

yes there will be different "docking rings"... i decided to integrate the "holographic docking rings" from SL-R

1. im not going to build another tournament system... i think we already have 3 and thats enough

i cant tell you how many objects you can put into FL or how big the systems can be
    to give you an impression how big the inner sol system of SL-R is
    -> 2.000k and you need a few hours to cross it with cruise speed

oh and today i had a few free mins so i was working on a new version of the char selector
    (this time it should be working)
    additionally to this i added new code that makes it possible to enable different options
    im going to integrate the new char selector... a music selector for the intro music... and a hud selector (CF-HUD, SL-R-HUD and Classic HUD)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• "1. im not going to build another tournament system... i think we already have 3 and thats enough "

Actually, only 2 work properly. For some odd reason the gate to Cube Arena doesn't work...

Someone call an Ageira Engineer... :D

So add to the "To-Do" list: fix the Cube Arena jump gate.

• OP !
    So as u say its posible to change the limit for ppl online ?
    Would u do this for the new MOD ? Pls !! :D
    :D :D :D :D

To touch the light, you must cross the darkness. To see the life you must know the death.
    [725] [694][uglygaga][40][40][40][92]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Originally posted by grinder
    is it possible to change the max ppl in a group more than 8?

I second that.

As well as increasing the max number of people online to 50 / 60 or so. Perhaps that would convince people to join our community and the servers would be less empty.