Can I NOT roleplay in CF FL? Are Weapons compatibility stuck to specific ships like in Discovery?

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Hey, I played on Discovery FL too and one of the things that was a big issue for me there was the way weapons are stuck with ships - i.e. any incompatibility in weapons will limit your ship to 75% performance...or it was something of that sort. Is it the same here? Can I mix and match whatever weapon to whatever ship I want (depending only on the weapon-class hard points that ships have like in Vanilla) and make myself as much OP as I do in the vanilla SP?

• As I understand it, we do not have weird weapon customizations like Disco IE: Disco weapons have class 6-9 fighter weapons and other random stuff whilst Crossfire has gun weapons from 1-10 for fighters. Captial ship weapons come pre-installed on these (Except for Battleships/Dreadnaughts). On Crossfire, you can pretty much have all the weaponry you can find to put on your fighter (Excluding Custom NPC Weapons like Alien turrets and DK Pulse Cannons)

You can buy custom Battleship Turrets at any place you can buy a Dreadnaught or Battleship. I'd recommend the Double Barreled Civillian turrets as they fire two shots instead of one from the same turret.

Hth

L+ Ratio

• Actually, you can buy Battleship turrets only on House capitol planets (Manhattan, New London, New Tokyo, New Berlin and Murmansk) and Crossfire Docks. Each of these bases sell only their turrets (e.g. Crossfire Docks sell Civilian turrets, New Tokyo sell Kusarian turrets, etc).
    Battleships themselves can be bought elsewhere (aside from Crossfire Docks). For example, Liberty Battleship - Iteron can be bought on California Minor, but it has no guns out of the box so you'll have to fly without guns to the place where you can buy them.
    At least Iteron - and Osiris, and Liberty Dreadnought - are immune to cruise disruptors.

As about fighter weapons, only class is any hard limitation. For most VHFs it is generally assumed that you can't go wrong with Coalition Gatlings filling class 10 slots and class 9 gun slots are best taken by Nemesis and Cataclysm missile launchers.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().