crashing to desktop @ planet crossfire when selling escape pods

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Samothraki.

• I've recently experienced a number of troubles with trying to get this mod to work on my computer. See my other thread labeled "Fresh Meat" in this forum to get more details.

After finally thinking that everything was ok (namely the prob I had with getting through the custodian gates and activating the mods) I got to planet crossfire and tried to sell my 9 escape pods. The first time I tried to sell them all I crashed straight to desktop. The next few times I reloaded FL with the CF mods I found that I can only sell 1 or 2 of the 9 before selling the next one crashes me back to my desktop.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm only lvl 2? Or anything possibly restricting the amount of money I'm supposed to have at that lvl? Or something to do with the game scripts and the fact that I'm not supposed to be able to leave NY system and that when I finally make the required amount of money I'm not where I'm supposed to be when Juni tries to contact me? I dunno....just throwing out ideas here.

Any ideas folks? Please help.

Samothraki

• no it has nothing to do with the lvl

and all others can sell those pods

dunno whats wrong with your copy

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well I dunno where that leaves me then. :( I've d/loaded 1.56 and 1.57 from this website using GetRight and the files all seem to be in order.

Will try one more uninstall/re-install and try it all over again and see what happens.

If the troubles persist....well shucks....that's gonna bum me out. Really wanted to play this mod.

If anyone comes up with any other ideas, would still appreciate the help.

Samothraki

• my freelancer crashes when i make more than 2 screenshots

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• Why would Juni be trying to contact u?
    I didnt think CF can work with the original storyline?

• My single palyer campaign starts out as normal (like in FL) and except for the appearence of Nomads (which I do not remember) destroying Freeport 7, so far
    cf Campaign seems simular if not the same. I noticed the other night on my single player CF open mode (which I've been playing since I came into CF, that twice while I was trying to jump through gates out or into X3034 that My game crashed back to desk top....But I chose and earlier save and Have had no more occurence of this...yet. Multi play gives me no more problems than other seem to get....yellow flag....red flag....Lag...etc.

• Yah, CF works with SP and MP and there's an optional addon for Open SP (which I'm not using). That's why Juni would be trying to contact me, once I've made the next lvl requirement of cash to trigger her response to start up the next mish.

Chief, I dunno what's going on with mine. I don't even have earlier saves to go back to/choose from as I'm uninstalling and re-installing and activating the mods to begin a completely new SP campaign.

Quick question for you or anyone else though....could you have a look in your FLMM/mods folder and tell me if Crossfire 1.56 actually comes up as a folder called Crossfire1? I don't know if this is normal for the mod or not. And the strange thing is that when I activated 1.57 the last time, the size of Crossfire 1.57 showed up as about 175MB and Crossfire1 (which I presume is actually Crossfire 1.56) only showed up as around 22MB. They seem to be switched around.

Anyways...I've done another fresh un/re-install and am trying 1.56 for a lvl or two on SP campaign and will try Planet Crossfire and the escape pods and see if the same thing happens with only 1.56 activated. Will take it from there.....whatever IT is and wherever THERE is........ :D

Edit: Quick q...is it better to start up a new SP campaign without any mods activated and then activate the mod or is better to activate first? Makes any difference?

• for sp u need to delete the restart.fl in ur savegamefolder and use the CF mod coz it will add factions

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok thanks OP. Will try that. Willing to try anything at the moment. :) At the moment I only have 1.56 activated (and only done mish 1 of SP campaign), so if I delete the restart.fl file, can I activate 1.57 and still use my save game? Or should I delete the save games and delete restart.fl and THEN activate1.57 and start with a new SP game?

Cheers,

Samothraki