Freedom will open his door as a clan

There are 46 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [Freedom]RG.

• reminds me of an eagle... -> front view

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• also, it look like the new f22 raptor from the US air Force...

Harlan_Liner

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"

A. St EXUPERY

"Homo hominis lupus"

• Well, I pull this out of my mind but you maybe right. I graduated in Aerospace Engineer at Wichita State University and I used to visit a lot the McConnell AFB at Wichita. One of my Hobbie was photography and took lots of pictures of all kind of airplanes and air shows (especially the Blue Angels show- yes, they still around with new blood) We also had Beechcraft, Cessna and the Boeing assembly factory there. Oh yes, Pizza Hut also born in WSU from 2 MBA students in the late 50s and was sold to Pepsi Corp in 1977 :) taking note that this pizza was the first one to be delivery in space (sorry, off topic :D )

Anyway, new re-design of the ship will be ready in few days. If OP approve it, My next work after next release will be texture and harpoints. As for software, well, I am using 3d studio Max 5 (old version so I bought it cheap) which was similar to gmax which was the one being use by the lancersreactor ship design tutorial guide.

@thanks gunny, I may not completely lose the vertical fin but I`m working on it. I´m also working on the wing sweep. About canards, it will make it to look a lot like the swiss fighter plane from Saab so I dont thing I will implement them.

@OP, Now that you say that I notice the similiraty for the front view, is it bad? some input as if Im going to the right direction is always appreciate it, thanks

@to darjedy, yes it seems an interesting design but what do you think?

Laurent, f22, maybe from the TOP view but definitly not as general

Thank for every input to all,

RG...out

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it

• ur design

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Here is Freedom fighter with a little modification and a little slimmer. Still, I think I need to work on it a little bit more so I will do that this weekend. So please, any input from you guys would be great.

@OP, what do you think? and if you may tell me the scale for CF ships so I could adapt the scale to this ship, please...

Gunny, I took your advice so I added cannards on it, does it look better for you?

@Darkjedy, is it more interesting now ;) ?

@All, any input would be nice...

So here we go:

See you around guys,

RG...out

• ooooh pretty! nice work m8!

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

• Isn't the canard getting in the way of the line of fire?
    If not, then keep it, it is looking great.

I have taken the liberty to add some possible mountingpoints.
    Yellow lines are lvl 10 mountpoints (4 in total)
    Red lines are lvl 9 mountpoints (2 in total)
    Blue lines are torpedo/cruise disrupter mountpoints (2 in total)
    Pink dots are mine and CM dropper, 1 of both, 2 in total.
    Orange dot is a lvl 10 turret.
    The turret can fire at the halve circle behind the plane, not forwards. The lvl 10 gunmountpoints are situated on the canard, 2 on the top, 2 on the bottom.

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game

• Im glad you guys are giving some input. This is my 2nd design and Im working on a third one that I hope would the final to present to OP for CF 1.6 as Freedom clan ship :) If he accept it, I will start to work with hardpoints and texture.

@Darkjedy, the SU-35, SU-27, and SU-37 are ones of my favorite fighter planes from the Soviet Union. Especially those were one of the first fighter with - Helmet Target System - (what you see, you target) plus it has an interesting characteristic that by the time not many US fighters could done. SInce they were with partial mechanic flight control system, they could lift their nose really high without stalling and change direction fast. Later, US start to work with an Instability Computer System that make the plane more instable under control enviroment making more maneuvrable which was also the case for the SU-37 upgrade. The soviet Union was also working on a rear missile fire system on those planes but I dont know what happen :)

@Thank you Tranquil ;) it is good to have nice feedback from player. Im just modellind the ship, to make it flying would be OP choice.

Streamer, hehehe, the EF 2000 fighter. Nice plane and I even got the pc-game for it. I really fan of any kind of sim coming from Jane´s fighters sim, US Navy fighters, EF 2000, and Tornado from NATO. I guess that influence me on my ship design style.

Nitro, I was affraid of that the canard would affect the fire of line and with your mountingpoints I have a more clear picture. You are right about the canard so I will work on that this weekend. Also, your suggestion with mountingpoints are great so if you dont mind, I would use them with a minor changes :)

Best whishes to all

RG

• As a trully freelancer i'm very interested in the development of a ship build ( only ? or specialy ? ) for a freelancer clan.

I like the streamy line of your model and specialy the double wings ( very nice ! ).

Is it possible, if this will maybe become the first trully clanfighter, to make 2 or 3 versions like OP did with the BLADES ?
    A very aggressive version for defense purpose and a less manoeuvrable but with more cargo space !

Good work, keep going and maybe i'll join a clan ( a freelancer clan, of course :D )

• You may use them, that was the sole purpose of posting it :) .
    Why not dropping the canard? I mean: vertical manouvrability can only be achieved with drag (hence: flying in an atmosphere), and since FL is a space flying game, I don't see the use for a canard there. Manouvring in space (and FL) is obtained by thustvectoring.

You could extent the wings completely towards the nose, and place all the gun mountpoints between the 2 wings.

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game

• Hello everybody,

I dont know if this is a curse or bless on myself but due to the time consuming I will call it more a curse. After last ship post, I came with a final concept that I sent to OP and some other people without any texture and hard point. After one week of work, I did finish the hardpoint and texturing. The lancersreactor ship guide was pretty helpful and it was explained using gmax so the ship trasnformation to FL format, even in 3D studio, was not a problem at all. But after I looked at the ship and the tools I used to shaped it I was not satisfy. PLus, at that time, I meet someone else who change my mind on the tool that I should use for modelling. So, Im in a learning process again with this new tool called Cinema 4D. Im working on new drawings and starting to get use to this tool which it seems allow me to do more confortable modelling, even though, basically, is very close to 3D studio in many ways.- You will said Im mad and I am well aware timing is running out (2-3 weeks for CF 1.6 release) so that means I just have this weekend to finish & hand in what I get to see if this would made in to the new CF. Well, this is just a dream of one man: to have clan, to create his own clan ship, and to give in to the community he play with. I promise myself to fulfill that so God knows I will try.

I want to apologize, especially to OP, for my delay and thanks for all the given support. I also want to thanks Nitro, OP, Petrus, Gunny, and pcforce for their ideas which Im taking well into consideration for next ship.

SIncerely

RG...out

• dont make hardpoints... you dont even know what hardpoints are needed

CF is different from other mods

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hello again guys,

Lots of things went on since my last post. The learning process is a never ending road. I made a total of 3 more models after the one i posted here and I was never satisfied. Other issues came along that prolonged the release of my last model so I guess it wont make it to CF new release. I already inform OP of what happen. However, I just happy that I came up with a simple model that helped me to learn new stuff. Texturing, didnt have time to make them so I just use the ones given by the moddelling software with some minors modifications. It was real fun and I will keep doing more with different designing softwares (working on C4D now) and I will try to come up with my own textures and even a freedom logo design that will be placed on future ships.

Well, thanks to everyones support and especially to OP, Nitro, pcforce, Petrus and many more that gave some ideas and made me to keep going.

I hope you like this last one,

Best wishes.

RG

• wow rg kick ass looking ship. i love the way you have combined multiple aircraft shapes to teh design. example is the top rear looks like the us f-18 hornet,a f-4 phantom front end a su-35 from ace combat and a few others i cant quite remeber. i think this one looks great

\

from the depths of the unknown the blackdragon returns with fury! and from this day on he is now known as the CRYMSON DRAGON

Rank + Codename: commanding officer DragonWarrior
    Wing: all wings are my responsibility
    Organisation + Leader: DragonCorp - ME

• ill create a better texture tomorrow

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,