Crossfire 1.57

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BakZak.

• Will it be bad if i over

write the 1.57 on the 1.56 so it'll be a complete 1.57 in one folder?

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?

• Hi there. I enjoy playing

crossfire.

A friend of mine has a heavy problem on his hands. He can launch

freelancer successfully, with 1.56 and 1.57 version, but while seeing the big picture saying

"Crossfire 1.56, the old ennemy", his game crashes. Has someone got any explanation and/or

solution ?

And huh personally I don't manage to activate the update. I think

it's written somewhere. I'll have a better look at the forum. Cya around m8s

• You have to use one or the other. Deactivate 1.56 in

Freelancer Mod Manager, activate 1.57. Also You may need to reset your firewall. I had the

same problem, but mine didn't crash until I started to load servers. My firewall had to be

reset. Once I did that, it was fine.

• My pc still locks up whenever I log off

the server.
    And I got stuck in an endless loop flying through the Cube Arena jump gate.

Didn't go anywhere, just flew through it and cycled back to go in again...and again...and

again. :-)

Otherwise it looks fine. I've visited 7 systems so far with no other

problems except that there were no missions available on the mission boards.

• Titan,

In the readme it says to

activate 1.56 and then 1.57. If you just activate the 1.57 will the mod still work? The 1.57

is only 10mb as you know. Also when you activate the 1.57, it activates very fast where the

1.56 takes a few moments.

Also does the OpenSP work fine with the new

1.57?

Shy of clan stuff, is OpenSP and CFMP the same as far as content? Other than

playing with real people, whats the difference gameplay wise?

OP,
    Awesome mod.

Thanks for making it!!

p.s. I have since reinstalled FL. I have downloaded CF 1.56,

1.57 Update & OpenSP. I want to play SP & have decided to try CF in MP. Can I play the SP

campaign with CF activated or is OpenSP the only way to play CF offline?

-MRG

• 1) When I unzipped the downloaded 1.57 file, it automatically deactivated 1.56 in FLMM.

It works fine.
    2) Also, FLMM will warn you against using the Open SP mod with 1.57, but

they work fine together.
    3) There is very little difference between SP and MP, but for

me at least, SP is easier. dogfighting in single player can be done in just about any ship

you want; Titan, BullPup MkIII, whatever. But online, the more nimble your ship, the more

survivable it is. Dogfighting online with a Titan was very frustrating. So I recommend the

Shroud, Warblade or something equally maneuverable.

Also there are lots of

opportunities online you don't have in SP, like flying in formation with other players in a

group. You can take a whole wing of buddies into Styx or Freeport 7 and even the odds agains

the Nomad hordes. In SP, you go it alone.
    There are of course connectivity, server, and

throughput issues, depending on how you connect to the internet. So there are disadvantages

to Multiplayer as well. Each has its pro's and cons. You should try them both to get the

full benefit from the game.

• I did a full fresh install of FL. I then

installed the CF 1.56 mod. I start the game. No problem. Then I exit out and install the CF

1.57 Update. After it installs, CF 1.56 is still activated. I activate 1.57 & 1.56 stays

activated. So I start the game. Loads just fine and the loading screen says "Crossfire

1.57"
    I install OpenSP and restart the game. No problems when I go to start a SP

game.

I then exit out once again, deactivate everything and then reactivate 1.57

ONLY. I start the game and the intro movie is gone. I hit ESC and the 1.57 loading screen

comes up, then crashes instantly every time. I reactivate 1.56 and restart. All ok. No

warning messages or anything.

I currently have activated:
    Crossfire Mod 1.56

Client Edition
    Crossfire Mod 1.57 Client Edition
    Crossfire OpenSP Addon 1.1

The

game starts and runs like normal.

-MRG

• EDIT: ok now i know what's going on, it's

my browser who is wrong. It hasn't updated download page so I couldn't see 1.57

link:/

shame on you Opera...

• Looks like I'm missing an application. Maybe that's why

my system locks up whenever I try to log off the server. :-)

• Well now I've gone and done it. I had a glitch online today, (a

suddenloud buzzing noise from my modem that restarted my pc) so I reinstalled both mods:

1.56, 1.57, and Open SP. I can play fine online (although my pc still locks up whenever I

log off), but now my singleplayer files are all gone. I had moved the saved games to a

backup folder during the shuffle and I HOPE the only problem is that I've restored the

folders and files incorrectly.
    Can someone tell me the right folder navigation for Win

2000?
    I think it's My games/Freelancer/Accts/SinglePlayer/????

Thanks.

• ok so you guys are saying that i first need to activate 1.56 and keep it on while i activate 1.57, because i am having the same problem i cant go any farther than the CF page saying which mod version it is.?????? ?(?(?(?(

i just dont get why 1.57 doesnt overwrite 1.56.

:] [SIZE=3] I like long walks. Especially when they are taken by people like you.[/SIZE] :]

• i no...sooo does that mean i activate bolth at once??? ?( ?( ?(?(

:] [SIZE=3] I like long walks. Especially when they are taken by people like you.[/SIZE] :]

• ummmmm...i hit a [SIZE=4]HUGE[/SIZE] problem! i start downlaoding the file to FLMM and as soon as it gets to the movie files...it says access denied and then it says that the file being corupt might be the cause. sooo, im thinking the mod on the site is corrupt because i just downloaded it.

what do i do!!!!!!! ?(?(?(?(?(?(

• ok sooo i got passed that problem...now it just wont let me acttivate it in FLMM

• Maybe you do something wrong or the download was incomplete aborted....or its the game installation
    Coz I did it much times...3 times reinstalled Freelancer completely...updated the mods...its everytime the same...
    -Install the ModManager
    -Download the 1.56 mod and open it wiht the ModManager(change program manally)
    -Download the 1.57 update and open the same way(1.56 will be deactivated automatically)
    -Then the 1.56 will be overwritten
    -Activate the mod in the ModManager
    -Start the game and have fun 8)

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• I too had some problems with the 1.57 patch.
    If it helps to anyone, just do this:
    - make a clean Freelancer and Mod Manager instal
    - download both 1.56 and 1.57 (if you already haven't)
    - rename 1.56 to .zip and extract it in a folder
    - rename 1.57 to .zip and extract it to the same folder so the 1.57 files overwrite the old 1.56 files (they only overwrite the updated files)
    - zip the whole folder and rename it to .zip.flmod
    - now just lunch it with ModManager and activate it

It works perfectly for me. Hope this helped any one.