Crossfire 1.6

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lashan.

• well the Dom Kavash were never really

described so who said they had to be alien forms like the nomads?

for all we know

they can be organisms really similar to Homo Sapian Humanoids....so I dont see why we have

to search for alien looking ships like the Babylon 5 Shadows.....just something

different....perhaps a warship that essential is a weapon itself? Such as a flyable ion

cannon with a big ass engine.

Illuminatus
    no, the Nomads were the Dom Kavash's

little biological fanatical soldiers for wiping out races. Freelancer history suggests that

the Nomads found a way to betray their masters....or so they say....

• no, as (a little group)the dam`kovosh went
    into

the center of the galaxy, they left behind many stations, weps, etc. ...

a race like

the himans found one of this stations and destroyed itself with it.

the

dam`kovosh didnt want this to happen again and so they created the nomads to search and

destroy these stations.

some peeps say the nomads thought the jumpgate and tradeline

net(they work with artifacts of the dam`kovosh)

some peeps say there got a "bug" in

the "programmierung" of the nomads and they went crazy

My Homepage

[7] [7] [7] [7] [7] [7] [7]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• "Reunion" eh.. i wonder from where you got that

inspiration he he ? ;)

• from a 13 years old game named reunion - where a civil war

started on earth... some colonists fled to a new star system and fought their way back to

earth

was a pretty good game.... still belongs to my favorites

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Baldwin's explanation makes more sense and fits into place

well

anyway, I can't wait for SLR

no offense, but I'm getting really bored

in CF, so far i havnt noticed anything different in the new version, guess i just havnt

played or explored enough

• Okay, at the risk

of being flamed as a spammer, I'm posting these ideas per OP's suggestion. I'll break

the lot into pieces, so it doesn't turn into a book, and so you can all blow out whatever

items have already been hashed over...
    Crossfire/Sirius Expansion Ideas

The

following features are offered, hopefully, in ascending order of difficulty with respect to

implementation. Consider this a wish list for improving the dynamics of the game in real

time. It is my hope that other Freelancers will also see them as enriching the

already-superb experience of the Crossfire gaming community! -Centaurian

Long-range scanners - Currently, the longer-range scanners do not appear to provide much

benefit, especially in the subspace group. A player needs to be able to target a ship from

long range to scan it, and at the moment, there is no visual cue to do so. Perhaps this can

be fixed to at least display the ship target [ ] in white, to provide a scan target. The

ship would be listed in the HUD box as soon as it came within scan range, and that listing

updated with the visual display. Upon scanning, the target changes to the appropriate color

to represent the reputation status.
    2. Dynamic bribe costs - The current maximum bribe

cost is $150k, irrespective of extenuating circumstances. This cost would be adjusted

upward by the AI if a player is acting on a Kill-on-Sight policy, for instance. While there

is already a time and service modifier to reduce the necessary bribe, it seems logical that

a continued campaign by a player would increase the settlement, even to the point where the

rift could become irreconcilable. A unit cost per attack could accrue up to some threshold

(say, $1 million), where a blood feud would ensue, and the enemy status would be more or

less permanent. If a player is successful in killing the wanted player, the

recently-deceased players rep with the contractor would be wiped, and start at zero. But

since most players wont know why someone is out to get them, they are not going to allow

themselves to be killed just to fix their rep woes.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• 3. AI bounties

- If #2, above, is possible, the same generator might be used to generate bounties within

systems for players who have exceeded the nominal bribe threshold with factions based in

that system. These bounties would then appear on the job boards of bases in that House, and

become available for any player to take on. This would add significantly to the

opportunities for PvP, except for the standard exemptions (NY, players under rank 24, etc.).

For example, if a player continues to attack Bowex ships (anywhere in Sirius) past the

$150K threshold, then Glasgow and other bases in Leeds would post a bounty (essentially a

job) on all job boards in Bretonia. I think the trick here would be to either issue the job

when that player is within the system (like Leeds), or to somehow decouple the job from the

Mission Commission, so that the job can be done without the assignment of waypoints, ranges,

etc.
    4. Random jumphole instability - In the SP game, the characters mention checking to

see if jump holes are phase aligned before attempting to enter them. As an alternative to

closing gates and jumpholes in order to discourage extreme wealth accumulation, make the

jumpholes lose their alignment on a rotating basis, so that they remain closed for a

period of 10-20 minutes. This makes piracy a much riskier proposition, makes pilots think

on their feet more of the time (especially when fleeing from enemies), and is more

consistent with popular theories about wormhole behavior. It also drives more traffic to

the established trade lanes, where pirates have more targets to compensate them for their

increased difficulty of escape.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• 5. Clan Flagships - Allow each

serverclan to pick a ship design that will be unique to their clan, complete with clan logo

livery. (The ship colors here would be easier to implement than pasting them to every clan

members ship.) These ships would only be available to clan members at a base within clan

territory, and might have a unique weapon. This gives more prestige to being a clan member,

and adds spice to clan campaigns.
    6. Clan bases & music - Allow serverclans to select

the base exterior & interior design, and perhaps uniform. Currently, all the x-worlds seem

to have the same base & bar. Since unique music plays when the Nomads appear near any

player, and when players enter different systems, perhaps clans could choose some MP3 files

they would like to represent them (for example, shark theme from Jaws, Empire fanfare from

Star Wars, etc.)
    7. Clan news posts - News items that clans wish to publicize could

possibly be imported from a clanserver forum into the news service in the bars of bases

close to the clans home system. An example might be a news flash that X clan has issued

KOS orders to its members against all Y clan members in Sirius, signaling the start of yet

another clan war This would give players a new reason to read the news at bases!

• 8. Mountable Broussard collectors - There are large expanses of the CF

universe filled with gas/dust clouds which display as minable in the navmap, yet there are

no means to mine the unidentified resources. To more fully use the colorful nebulae in

these systems, a Broussard collector (postulated in Star Trek and elsewhere) could be

mounted by those players interested in gas mining. These would be scaled to ship size as

shields are, but with penalties for weight, cargo capacity and combat survivablility. The

weight of the unit would be comparable to adding supplemental level 1 armor, with a fixed

sacrifice in cargo space of 25-50 units, depending on ship size, to discourage its use on

fighters. The combat penalty would accrue if volatile gases were in its tank (oxygen,

hydrogen, methane); hull breach would occur @ 10-20% integrity instead of 0%, to reflect

detonation of the collector tank. Gases would be added to the commodity list, and

correlated with the color of gas clouds: green = nitrogen, blue = oxygen, orange = carbon

monoxide (think Leeds smog!), red = hydrogen, yellow = chlorine, dark green = methane.

Additionally, gas mining would put the freelancer in direct competition with GMG, so they

will never be friendlier than neutral, even after bribes, and hostile most of the time!

Some metric of distance/# gas units would have to be set for collection rates.
    9. Space

anomalies - Space is a harsh environment, and ships are fragile in the face of staggering

physical forces. This could be made more immediate by random, infrequent cosmic events

which render a system or systems impassible, or nearly so, due to increased radiation, comet

swarms, passing black hole, whatever. These would be of medium duration, and be lethal to

all but the strongest ships (think of Omega-11). Notices of these events would appear in

the news service in the bars of all bases in the surrounding area, or all of Sirius. Such

events complicate travel, which is the kind of thing we face in our commute every day; so

why not in space?

• 10. Bank of Sirius - This could be a

fantastic additional faction! Orbital Spa & Cruise would be the template, since they

already have armored transports & ornate uniforms. There would be one Bank base in each

house, using a modified prison ship (looks like a vault), stationed near a battleship for

security, surrounded by weapons platforms or minefields. The Bank would ally with military

& police only (BMM/Kreuger possible exceptions), would trade in precious metals and

diamonds, buying consumables at 10% higher rate than other bases in the same system.

Bounties for jobs would also be 10% higher than other bases. Each House has at least one

good location for such a base: Liberty = inside NY Alaska Gate minefield, or between Rio

Grande/Denver in Colorado; Kusari = south of Kyushu battleship or between Shikoku

battleship/prison; Rheinland = south of Hamburg battleship & Planet Kiel; Bretonia = west of

New London or between Cambridge/Bship Norfolk(?). The fun new feature of this faction

would be its role as a surrogate Swiss bank for the economy: instead of a news ticker in

the bar, the news icon would be replaced with a safe icon. This would bring up the Trade

screen, which would then be used to place guns/goods/cash into the players safe deposit

box. Players would be limited to one box anywhere in Sirius, and may only make transactions

with it at the branch where it was opened. There would no doubt need to be a capacity

limit, similar to a ships cargo hold for goods/guns, and maybe $200 million in cash. The

question is whether the cash amount will conflict with the games limit on player cash. The

vault would then serve as a player repository for surplus equipment, and rare cargos. This

scenario also creates a whole new category of piracy activities and targets, and more astute

reputation management. For instance, if your box is in Kusari, and you are hostile to

Kusari Police, the bank might not let you dock, no matter how badly you need to get to your

stash! Since its functioning as a Swiss bank, players could also stash black market goods,

or even buy unmarked securities from the bank (also black market).

• i gotta hand it to u

centurion the ideas are absolutely mind blowing but the problem is are these ideas feasible

i don't know anything about mod making and how servers work so i cant say but if it is

possible it would be an awesome mod

• [654] These ideas are really really really nice. When that ideas come in the Mod the

mod will be the best mod ever. And I hope that the modder can handel this.

• wow!:) that is a ton of ideas centaurian, this all looks awesome to put into a mod. but

as darkstalker said, we dont know if such things could be put into a mod. it would take

weeks of coding and scripting to put such a thing together. still, i havent seen ideas like

these for a mod in my life! :)) great imagination u have, trying to make things as real as

possible, just like the ppl who made this game 8)
    @ OP: with all ur knowledge about

coding and scripting, would these things be possible to be put into a mod?
    cya in space

centuarian:)