How to disable "dynamic economy" for SP

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Suffyx.

• Hello everybody,

I´ve just recently started playing CF, having played Freelancer 10 years ago. Well , actually, I´ve installed CF 3 weeks ago but just now am able to spend some time for playing ( instead of working :verrueckt: )
    And here are my questions: as I am a bloody newbee for now, it would be very nice to have some stable trade routes at the beginning for money earning purposes, but how can I disable the daily commodity price updates ?
    For example, as I started the launcher an hour ago, it installed me about 174 updates, is there any way to see what they are before installing them ? Is there any way to distinguish or block the trade related updates ?

Thank´s a lot for answers :salutes

• Greetings :) ... this updates "package" is only for latest patches, dynamic economy come with 2 files downloaded only (which is usually). If you do not want update SP (economy), simply refuse updates when launcher ask you. But for some basic trade you will be fully ok almost every day in NY because there is always something to trade. Later you have wide amount of options how to get rich "quickly". Check please CF wiki for useful tips about moneys making.

• Thank you for the answer, Martind. I supposed that it could be these 2 updates but was not sure.
    May I ask another question : is there something like a data base plugin in which the commodity prices could be stored or do I have to do it
    in good old "MS Excel" manual style ?

• all tools which read out such data are blocked by the mod
    this is considered cheating which we wont allow

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ah, ok, I didn´t know this. I thought that tools like that would be prohibited for MP, of course, but I didn´t know that they are prohibited for SP also.
    Thanks again for the informations :thumbup:

• since the data from SP and MP is identical....

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• This explains a lot...(das erklärt einiges)
    There is just one question left: can I select between the offered updates or is it like " all or nothing" ?
    The only reason that I´m asking is that even in the SP campagne it seems as if good weapons and ships are much more faster needed than in the old FL
    Right at the start I get smashed and dashed into peaces by AI-rouges who were no match in original FL. And for a casual player like me, ( as I wrote, this weekend is the first one which provides me spare time for playing though having installed CF 3 weeks before), it could be very hard or even impossible to earn enough credits for good equipment when prices alternate daily.
    That is what I´m afraid of.
    I´m for sure not interested in cheating :negativ:

• its "all or nothing" but its also not hard to earn money in CF or fight the NPCs (we even provide combat tutorials)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... it could be very hard or even impossible to earn enough credits for good equipment when prices alternate daily.

.. just try hoop into MP from time to time and if see some TSH, or IOC guys or simply someone with little higher lvl just ask ... this is the fastes way if you want earn moneys via trading. .. but combat offer for SP imo much better options (via selling escape pods on prisons)

• Ok guys, think I have to play, wait and see.
    It´s a little bit scaring for a newbee seeing ships and equipment which cost several dozen millions in the shop while struggling to survive infight for a couple of creds.
    But as I´m lvl 4 it´s hard to imagine that the earnings will be adaequate with lvl 30 or 40 as linear progression is assumed.
    But maybe this is the biggest fault to make: comparing CF with FL without having played it through.
    I should play and look where it will lead to :zocken: instead of being afraid of possibly nothing :sos:

Thank´s again, good night to everybody

• .. just try hoop into MP from time to time and if see some TSH, or IOC guys or simply someone with little higher lvl just ask ... this is the fastes way if you want earn moneys via trading. .. but combat offer for SP imo much better options (via selling escape pods on prisons)

but combat offer for SP imo much better options (via selling escape pods on prisons)

LOL, now I know what you mean: I´ve sold 12 pods, for the first time, just 5 minutes ago and earned 800.000 credits8o
    Seems that I was worried for nothing, hehe :thankyou: