[E0000008B]

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• Y did a fresh install of my freelancer : install as admin, compatibility mod with xp sp3, restart after every install (freelancer, mod manager, crossfire + after the activation). Remove the read only before the install and after, and before and after the activation.
    Y did everything right. After the client update for the first time y closed the launcher and open it again to let the other updates install but never does. Y always get the same error message
    "[x]: Update Server Timeout [E0000008B]"
    Y run on:
    Windows Vista SP 2
    4GB ram
    Intel Celeron D 3.46 GHz
    1 GB ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
    :sos:
    Can anybody help y really want to trey the 2.0 version

• Unfortunately I do not think I will be able to help as mine turned out to be a windows update which appears to have caused a problem. I restarted my PC and everything was back to how it should be and the error message had gone. I am sure however someone here will know what the problem is and be of assistance to you, just hang in there.

• Hi, pls check latest posts here: Multiple CF 2.0 problems

• My problem is not the same my first update went without problems it even showed the green status bar on launcher.
    the problem is when y open the launcher there second time the status bar remains at 0% and when y click multiplayer or single player it says starting update and does not move on from there.

• Maybe try running the Freelancer.exe not from the desktop shortcut, but from the installation folder on your hard drive - at least for the 1st time ....

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• had the same error message yesterday....couldn't play....tried everything did a clean sweep....new downloads....same error shut comp down for the night and this morning everything works like nothing was wrong

• Yes for me to. Today y started and it update about 90+ files and manage to get into the game, but now y got the same problem again. Y can enter the single player by clicking no on the update request because if y click yes it goes to the same problem it says starting update and never finish same if y click multiplayer . Any know what the problem is and how to fix it like this morning?

• going to have a look at it this afternoon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• had the same error message yesterday....couldn't play....tried everything did a clean sweep....new downloads....same error shut comp down for the night and this morning everything works like nothing was wrong

There were 2 fixes in last 2 days. This 2 days ago was aimed on MP with Phoenix ship ... which made problem with SP saves where was this ship used and CF crashed before main menu (no matter if SP or MP). Yesterday was this repaired also for SP saves so CF.

... for updates: they were loaded and finished all the time. If there is "endless" updating, it looks as problem with "read only" or something what prevent replace updates files.