Bug - Game exits to Desktop on startup [SOLVED]

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello, I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this question have been answered previously.

The bug is as follow:

The game starts without problem, but it stops, minimizes itself and cannot be opened again at the loading screen (The one with "Crossfire 2.0 ; Last stand"). After 10 seconds, it says "freelancer have stopped working", and prompts me to close the program.

DxDiag if it is relevant is pasted below. I have ran the game as administrator and removed read only status from the entire game directory.

If there are bug logs recorded somewhere, please point me towards it so I can post it here as well.

• It crashes before is loaded game Main Menu. Did you played other mods or had Freelancer installed anytime before? If so, have you deleted/moved Freelancer folder with save games from Documents? And for install/activation: did you followed guide given in FAQ?

Crash report can be obtained using eventvwr (open start, type in text field eventvwr and start shown application. There look to applications report.

Edit by
    Found one SWAT_OP-R8R's reply to the same report posted earlier: a crash at this point can only have 2 explanations
    1. damages savegame
    2. something wrong with the installation (usually missing files)

• I have played Crossfire 1.9, however, I deactivated the mod, uninstalled it via the uninstaller in FLMM, uninstalled FLMM, and deleted the Freelancer game directory and re-installed all of them before installing Crossfire 2.0.

I have deleted the folder from documents as well, however, I did not follow the guide and I will do so.

• I have played Crossfire 1.9, however, I deactivated the mod, uninstalled it via the uninstaller in FLMM, uninstalled FLMM, and deleted the Freelancer game directory and re-installed all of them before installing Crossfire 2.0.

I have deleted the folder from documents as well, however, I did not follow the guide and I will do so.

Hi,

that might not have been enough.
    1 ) In the installation guide it is also stated to run a registry clean.
    2 ) Might be misunderstanding, but removing all Freelancer or FLMM related folders is mandatory - But not only in your install but there is also a folder where savegames are stored ( this is in your user folder ). Also deleted this?

In the end just follow exactly the installation instructions one by one.

• <p>So this is what I done.</p>

<ul>
    <li>Deactivated Crossfire</li>
    <li>Unisntalled Crossfire</li>
    <li>Uninstalled FLMM</li>
    <li>Deleted Freelancer directory</li>
    <li>Deleted Freelancer - Documents</li>
    <li>Reinstalled Freelancer</li>
    <li>Reinstalled FLMM</li>
    <li>Reinstalled Crossfire 2.0</li>
    <li>Reactivating Crossfire right now.</li>
    </ul>

<p>FLMM seem to freeze constantly at 50% for some reason.</p>

• Read and try this installation guides.
    [xattach=5179][/xattach][xattach=5180][/xattach]
    ... made for and by some of the greater fools : ME ... and actually not only me tested it and found it working ;)

• What you where missing at least

- Restarting at mentioned point
    - Cleaned registry

Maybe do everything again based on NucNucs list. Maybe you believe him more than you believe me :)

• What antivirus you use?

• Have you Freelancer in your AV (antivirus) exceptions list? Some AVs tends to block or remove some CF files = game crashes etc. There may be also issue that AV remove CF file during mod installation/activation ... (search in FAQ part about Norton AV). I attached my size for Freelancer folder, please check if it looks similar.

• Have you Freelancer in your AV (antivirus) exceptions list? Some AVs tends to block or remove some CF files = game crashes etc. There may be also issue that AV remove CF file during mod installation/activation ... (search in FAQ part about Norton AV). I attached my size for Freelancer folder, please check if it looks similar.

Hmm, this is after Crossfire is activated, right?

• Not exactly ... in norton case for example is needed to start with installation file. Hard to tell how it is with Kaspersky (I do not believe it can be worse as norton ;) .. but can be equal)

in FAQ search for entry: "How to configure Norton antivirus for Crossfire mod?" and try follow similar steps.

• Thank you very much for all the help you gave me, in particular to SA_Martind and Nucnuc.

Got the game to work after following the step by step installation guide, and I might have found the issue. I did not use the right "launcher" and it did not patch the game when I first installed FL.

So yeah, close this report if you guys want, because problem is solved :)

• geburtstag_40:geburtstag_22: ... and now Enjoy Crossfire space :)