Never Works ( CF 2.0 )

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by TriNitroToluen.

• I Believe i did anything told but Freelancer stops working after i see the "Crossfire the Last Stand" screen.. i am ok with teamviewer support who says he/ she can fix it

MacBook Pro
    Intel Core i5
    2,6 GHz
    8 gb Ram
    Intel Iris 1536 MB
    Using Parallels for Windows 8.1

• Hello TriNitroToluen, I'm afraid that cf will not work on mac. We do not have possibility to test cf on this and here was before one another player which also tried all our hints but was not successful get cf working.

... can you post your cf launcher screenshot?

• Can you run Freelancer "vanilla" (without any mod) at all on your MacBook ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• thats a very good question

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• However : can you run "vanilla" Freelancer ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• hmmm, if vanilla works, CF 2.0 "should" also ...
    All I can do is give you my extended installation guide then.
    [xattach=5128][/xattach][xattach=5129][/xattach]

Perhaps what you should look for also then are the directory paths for FLMM to "find" the Freelancer installation (dunno, maybe different from "standard" windows C:\ perhaps). And I don't know how security (User Account Control) and write protection removeal works with "Parallels".

• LOL the "fool" it is proofed on is me M8 :D

I made it in the first place for myself, not to forget anything.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• To answer the question that's been in here for quite some time:

Freelancer Vanilla runs on virtual machines AND on Wineskin builds

And yes, i also managed to get 1.9 running on both (VM+Wineskin); I just forgot how i got this far using wine (it's been over a year since i did)

Anyway, the problem about 2.0 is .Net 4.5 which is not supported on Windows XP (which is base for wineskin); As a conclusion there might not be any chance to get 2.0 Single Player using wine (gotta mention 1.9 Multiplayer never worked on wineskin, as it doesn't seem to be able to use internet connections anyway)

When i tried installing 2.0 using Parallels 8 (i think its 8.. anyway my just created Windows 8.1 would just tell me, it's missing some required files (somehow, if i use the same Folder on my Windows 7 Desktop there's not a single problem running it). Anyway that problem doesn't seem to be related to Parallels or any vm-software as 2.0 won't work on my native 8.1 as well.I'll try running 2.0 on a Windows 7 VM soon (as soon as I'm motivated to create one :D )
    tldr: Windows 8.1 seems to have problems running the same installation used for Windows 7 AND 2.0 wont ever work on Windows XP (i guess) BUT 1.9 ran flawlessly "on" Mac OS (using wineskin)

• so, just tested it on Windows 7 32 Bit running Parallels 8 and it worked (after the same problems with 8.1 missing msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll, which WERE NOT INSTALLED DURING VCREDIST INSTALLATION (tried 2005 as well as 2008) - anyway, i copied them from my Windows 7 Desktop PC and it worked afterwards). I just have to add, that Parallels might not be the best option, as mouse input feels really sluggish within Crossfire (maybe games in general, i don't know).
    Concerning the Windows XP not being able to run it thought: That may be false, it might just not be able to update the launcher (i installed it on Windows XP at first, and wasn't able to run/update it, but it worked on my Windows 7 machine afterwards (i posted something on the forums according this topic, as far as i remember); so i'll give Windows XP a try as well, with an updated launcher version)

• Well i noticed one thing that i can not uncheck read only from the files.... i uncheck it and when i control it again i see it is checked again.. i am trying to solve that .. maybe that is the problem