Breen Space Set Discussion

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Matt Palmer@Lezar.

• Ok... STO has not only given us the ability to upgrade our Breen Space gear...but now they have given us a warp core/singularity core and additional set bonus with the winter event. I wanted to start this thread to discuss the good, bad and ugly around this space set. Where do you see this set finding a home?

To remind everyone what we are discussing here are some screen shots of the original set plus cores

I find this set interesting but difficult to place. It has good power transfer boosts and good defenses against a lot of secondary effects. The flow capacitor and graviton buffs are weak. The shield is excellent for its mark level. To me this seems to feel like a science set with good power level maintenance. This set really boosts any power transfer abilities and Aux2Bat builds might shine with this. I don't see an obvious use for a Tactical captain but an Engineer or Science captain who runs a tetryon or poleron Aux2Bat beam build may find this set to be useful.

One thing to note is the stats we are looking at are mk XI and I do not know what additional buffs might be present as this set gets upgraded.

Any thoughts?

Edited 7 times, last by satoabe ().

• well, I am not sure about this set
    your idea with sci build does sound right but parts of the set bonus appear to be better when used on breen ships... and they are not sci at all.

Part of the set in my eyes (especially the deflector) seems to be aimed for PVP?
    But the polaron damage resist of the shield fits almost nowhere.

This set is a big miracle to me.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Personally I reckon it'll stay low-tier. competitively. The shield lacks any form of Adapt or quasi adapt, leaving it surpassed by Delta, Aegis and Elite Fleet in most scenarios. If memory serves (though dont hold me to this) breen shield gets [Rad] when upgraded to UR..... so not great.

The core lacks AMP, leaving it inferior to Elite Fleet and, after its upgraded to UR, Delta. (unless this gets AMP when upgraded). The core weapons capacitor only has niche uses, and lacks useful mods. The delta core is just plain better.

The engines have no hot restart (KHG) or defence (Aegis, Undine) bonus. They dont even have the + Attack Patterns of the Rom engine.

As to the deflector it looks alright IMO, but again probably outclaassed by Undine (+ 5% ACC) or UR Delta (SciCdR).

Just my two cents. Apart from the 4pc, there are just better set bonuses out there I think, like 2pc borg or 3 pc delta. For a free, easy to obtain set it isnt bad, but I wouldnt recommend it as a final build.

Also, hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums having been a long time fleet member. I'll try my best to be a useful contributor.

• howdy,
    glad you have found your way here
    you now have access to the fleet forums

regarding the set... and also the delta set i would say that lately the devs are not bold enough to introduce something useful

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• howdy,
    glad you have found your way here
    you now have access to the fleet forums

regarding the set... and also the delta set i would say that lately the devs are not bold enough to introduce something useful

True, a lot of the recent sets have been dull. Undine space sets were uninspiring in many ways I think.

I do think that the two new delta space sets are great though, but it takes a bit of work to make em shine. The Warp Core not only has aan excellent built in 5km escape jump ability, but it also gets AMP when upgraded to UR. The Deflector is well above average even at VR, but then at UR it gets SciCdR to reduce Sci cooldowns. Even the shield gets +10% resist to all energy damage and another 10% to polaron, while also having an Adapt-esque effective +15% shield hardness and a 50% drain resist. First shield in a long time to rival elite fleet; it may even surpass it one on one.

Though the 2pc bonus is lolworthy (+ def during evasive), the 3pc bonus is a pretty good +20% boost to both flight speed and turn rate. When looked at as a whole picture we finally have a challenge to the old standard of 2 pc borg, since the Borg set got stuck with crummy UR mods and no longer has the healing strength of its glory days.

In other words, we can take the Delta core, deflector and engine, then combine them with an Aegis impulse engine. The shield hardness boost, as well as the excellent defenses of the deflector synergize well with effective +10% defense rating of the engine. It more than makes up for loss of 2 pc borg while letting us enjoy a host of other bonuses; not the least of which is more manoeuvrable ship with a free get-outta-trouble teleport and reduced cooldown on sci abilities.