Posts by davidbennett1819

This is why alts are dead. Ridiculous costs make having more than one power crept character untenable.

On a random note, Cryptic seem to think that having 6 argonite missions will ease the supply demand problem. But they miss the point that shields and torpedoes are some of the most expensive to upgrade. Most of the argonite rewarding missions are unpopulated by players - as far as I can tell viscous cycle elite is the best bet.

The only good news in those release notes is the buff to bug hunt rewards.....

Though seeing as it was already one of the most efficient and populated queues its a bit weird. Still, I'll happily take the extra marks and dil.

Certainly doesnt make up for nerfing crystalline so badly.

Those are great tips, should certainly take the edge off the gear upgrade grind. Thanks a ton (:

One tip I found thats useful is to not turning in the T5 rep reward until a dilithium bonus weekend. It turns 32,000 dilithium into 48,000. Its a great boost, especially when you add in the turning in marks for dil.

Another one I found is to use the hourly mark turn in if your about to go offline, or have enough to fit them all in. The ratio is slightly better, and you get an item which can be sold for ec.

My final addition would be to hold off on turning in Cybernic Implants, Contraband, Isomorphics and suchlike until a bonus weekend. Pushes it even higher.

Hi all, I just thought I'd post some tips for the winter event grind race, to take the edge off the difficulty for those who struggle to sprint on ice (I know I struggled at first, and still do when the bot actually spawns).

Firstly, if you have at least Tier 2 Delta Reputation you can slot the Physical Conditioning trait, which gives + 5% run speed. Not earth shattering but every little helps right?

Secondly, getting Q to morph you into something can be helpful (though there is some controversy on this). I find being a Horta gives great traction and control, though quadrapeds give more speed. Its up to you, but its worth playing round with if your struggling.

Both things help to boost your passive run speed without requiring you to sprint, which crushes your traction. And should you have to sprint you get more bang for your buck.

The frozen boots, available from the winter event store also boost your speed significantly but at a great cost to traction. I personally dont use them, but if you can master them they give you a noticeable edge over the bot. Risky though.

If they ever get around to it, the Run mod that was supposed to be on crafted ground weapons would also be an enormous boon. Sadly cryptic wont even admit its missing, so I doubt itll help this year. Roll on next December though.

Anyway fleeties, I hope this helps anyone else new to the race or otherwise struggling. Please do point out anything I've missed - I still come off the track or get beaten by the bot myself sometimes so would appreciate the knowledge.

You don't necessarily have to go for the purple one for 40 million ec.

There is a white quality alternative, called Doptid or Ririna Tenski fed-side. You can get him either on the exchange for about 9 million ec last time i checked, or by hoping to get lucky on the request r and d assistance mission. KDF side they are called Coadia and Girnar

howdy,
    glad you have found your way here
    you now have access to the fleet forums

regarding the set... and also the delta set i would say that lately the devs are not bold enough to introduce something useful

True, a lot of the recent sets have been dull. Undine space sets were uninspiring in many ways I think.

I do think that the two new delta space sets are great though, but it takes a bit of work to make em shine. The Warp Core not only has aan excellent built in 5km escape jump ability, but it also gets AMP when upgraded to UR. The Deflector is well above average even at VR, but then at UR it gets SciCdR to reduce Sci cooldowns. Even the shield gets +10% resist to all energy damage and another 10% to polaron, while also having an Adapt-esque effective +15% shield hardness and a 50% drain resist. First shield in a long time to rival elite fleet; it may even surpass it one on one.

Though the 2pc bonus is lolworthy (+ def during evasive), the 3pc bonus is a pretty good +20% boost to both flight speed and turn rate. When looked at as a whole picture we finally have a challenge to the old standard of 2 pc borg, since the Borg set got stuck with crummy UR mods and no longer has the healing strength of its glory days.

In other words, we can take the Delta core, deflector and engine, then combine them with an Aegis impulse engine. The shield hardness boost, as well as the excellent defenses of the deflector synergize well with effective +10% defense rating of the engine. It more than makes up for loss of 2 pc borg while letting us enjoy a host of other bonuses; not the least of which is more manoeuvrable ship with a free get-outta-trouble teleport and reduced cooldown on sci abilities.

Personally I reckon it'll stay low-tier. competitively. The shield lacks any form of Adapt or quasi adapt, leaving it surpassed by Delta, Aegis and Elite Fleet in most scenarios. If memory serves (though dont hold me to this) breen shield gets [Rad] when upgraded to UR..... so not great.

The core lacks AMP, leaving it inferior to Elite Fleet and, after its upgraded to UR, Delta. (unless this gets AMP when upgraded). The core weapons capacitor only has niche uses, and lacks useful mods. The delta core is just plain better.

The engines have no hot restart (KHG) or defence (Aegis, Undine) bonus. They dont even have the + Attack Patterns of the Rom engine.

As to the deflector it looks alright IMO, but again probably outclaassed by Undine (+ 5% ACC) or UR Delta (SciCdR).

Just my two cents. Apart from the 4pc, there are just better set bonuses out there I think, like 2pc borg or 3 pc delta. For a free, easy to obtain set it isnt bad, but I wouldnt recommend it as a final build.

Also, hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums having been a long time fleet member. I'll try my best to be a useful contributor.