Server Information and question.

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Pandora.

• Ok, let me get this straight. You

guys have a mod, CrossFire. It's really nice, has a huge amount of cool stuff in it. Lotsa

hard work has been done on it & you're not releasing the server version of it to the

general public UNLESS they ask for it and even then it's a waste of breath because the dude

that does the releasing never releases it?

Well, I check your server periodically and

it's usually empty. I don't ever see any other CrossFire servers due to the reason above.

Microsoft has stopped supporting FreeLancer and if not for a few die hard Freelancer players

there wouldn't even be a master list.

Whats the point here? I dunno, just seems to

me a shame that you have something that could possibly improve server attendance and maybe

even spark some new interest in FreeLancer but, without the server side files there is no

way independent groups like mine will play it. We are similiar in the way that we don't

want to play on some other communities server, we want to play on our own.

Now I

could be way off base here. And there could be some download I am missing or some other way

I install the mod to run a CrossFire server but, everywhere I look in the forums the dude

named SWAT_OP-R8R (whom I am assuming is the creator) basically says, "Yeah, your SOL dude,

move on down the road.".

If this is the case then it more or less forces us to drop

CrossFire (which we would rather not do) and move to some other mod.

Now I have

installed the mod on a server PC I have in my lan and am running a 24/7 server for it

(UberCrue) but, I don't know if the Crossfire changes I am seeing in the game are client

side or server side or what. If someone could get me up to speed here I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

• well

1. i dont know

why u say that the server is empty.... when ever i go online there are 20-35 ppl

if you call this empty then i dont know

2. the Crossfire Mod has been

developed for the 24/7 Crossfire Server
    it represents our history in SL/FL
    it

represents our factions -> BG, CHAOS, ASF, CSF
    therefore we dont want other communities

to use good names in CF and fuck up our reputations
    Crossfire is our server mod and those

ppl who want to play it should come to our server to play it
    and if your community doesnt

want to play on our server well - then they wont play crossfire... finito

Crossfire has been developed for this community... and not for others... ive done all this

work to create something for our FL community and not that other communities just come take

my mod and say "hey we have the crossfire mod on our server - come to use we rule... bla

bla"
    THIS is the crossfire community and not another out there... and ppl are proud to be

a part of it

4. if you feel like you have to use another mod... fine
    in the end

thats not our problem

5. so you created a crossfire server... but you know that you

dont have my permission and therefore you violate copyrights... and to steal is a serious

matter
    i suggest you remove the crossfire mod from your server or it will have

consequences
    others have tried that before and it wasnt good for

them...

SWAT_OP-R8R
    Portal-Administrator
    Administrator of 24/7

Crossfire
    Creator of Crossfire
    Creator of StarLancer-Reborn
    Creator of BloodGuard

RPG
    Creator of SWAT-T-Mod
    Creator of SWAT-Effects-Mod
    Leader of BG
    Leader of

MoD
    2nd best SL-Player worldwide
    hmm did i forget something??? ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As for

the server attendance, I was only going off of your home page, USER'S PLAYING, and within

the past 2 weeks or so it has listed players as = 0 (as in ZERO). Now if your web design is

not correctly corresponding with your server list, not my problem.

Today however

it's saying 14 users are playing. Either way thats no where near this 20-35 you speak of.

I am not here to argue simple concepts with you or your lackies. I am simply stating

facts.

Your "clan" or "good name" doesn't really mean a rats ass in the scheme of

things, to me or to anyone on the net. It should always be about freedom and sharing. The

fact that you take someone elses engine and hold it liable to how much someone kisses your

ass is also a fault.

The FACT that you will only release your server to those

persons who "kiss your ass" just right makes you at fault, not I, nor anyone else.

I

personally have made it my mission, IN LIFE, to make a new mod, a better mod, a bigger mod,

and I have every intention of using whatever code or concepts/ideas I deem neccessary, to

and include yours if I feel like it.

We have skinners better then yours, coders

better then yours, map makers better then yours. Our mod WILL, in laments terms, KICK YOUR

MODS ASS.

Your threats aren't really anything but, heresay. lol. You don't have

jack shit to back your claims up with except your "good name" which I can buy on the street

like a 2 dollar crack whore.

So if you want it, bring it. Don't sing

it.

http://www.ubercrue.com

• i agree in terms that it is a great mod and u spent alot of time on

it i can see but theres 1 thing u dont understand.... there is no copyright :P its a mod on

a game that microsoft doesnt support anymore... therefore we will jank your shit if needed.

But OUR mod may or may not have some crossfire coding in it either way when its done it will

be released to the public serverside files and all.

Just

Remember....

"Crossfire will soon be forggoten"

• As a new player to Crossfire, I have

to say that you people who downgrade this mod on the principle that OP will not give you the

server files, or the permision to make another server, or anything else that gets your

feathers in a ruff, is quite simply Childish . I have to say that it is the

discretion of any mod creator to decide if they wish to give permision for the making of

another server or even give out the files. So to put it as simply as humanly possible, if

you do not like how things are run here............. thats just to bad for you

either you live with it or you don't no one in here cares.

oh and as far as I am

concerned Crossfire will never be forgotten

The Blackknight salutes you in you upcoming battle may you win or die with honor.

• UC: lol if u guys are actually serious, then u are "uber stupid".

Your

bravado has played ur hand early for u: A common mistake of those who try to hide their

insecurity with bluster and senseless threats.

• We are a

community that creates for our brothers also. The difference lies in the fact that we do it

all for free. There are quite a few accusations on the night that you Senor SwaT are

violating the Liscense Agreement from Microsoft buy charging money for in game systems and

the like. It would be sad to see you loose your mod all together, simply becuase you want to

throw around legal threats.

I will give you ample credit for having made a very good

mod for FL you have pulled alot of good ideas together but there are lines you have yet to

cross. You have a PvP type system but where is the sport. No betting system no entry fees.

Come on breathe some life into this. You can do it. OR YOU CAN WAIT AND PLAY

UBERVERSE Alpha release Nov 2005

• "bluster and

senseless threats" hmmm we are not threatening anyone just stating that you guys were simply

lieing about us disregarding copyright laws when were are not childs we know that we are not

violating any copyright laws and simply stating that you guys are wrong not releasing server

files and trying to make ppl play on YOUR server when quite frankly its horrible.

We

only wished to run our own server but just because we dont wish to kiss your ass we are just

going to jank your shit and make our own which will be alot better and we already have good

coders and master ship makers.

And Blackknight do not try to quote me and call me

"Childish" and say "Too Bad For Me" cuz its not too bad for me im jankin your shit

LoL.

And I take that back crossfire will never be forgotten to the person who created

it and his right hand bitch.

But for the rest of us that like to actually play the

game it will be forggoten.

Thanks for the code,
    [UC]Co3pTiS

:D

• that doesnt

work, dunno really why. Everyday when i go on i see at least 27 players, 38 sometimes on

events.

as for not releasing the mod, thats OP's desision, stop posting here with

your shit and take it up with OP yourselfs. Whatever 'agreement' that he maybe is breaking

doesnt matter. However he has a desision not to release to the public for another server due

to HIS copyright.

now lets knock this shit off.

• we arnt charged anything here... we donate. Ur ignorance

of legal and copywright matters is monumental.

U tipped ur hand and made enemies by

publicly threatening to steal.... Again, very stupid. Will LR ever post ur abortion of a

mod, if it even ever appears? Without that u will simply be obscure nobodies with big

mouths.

• For your

information, we as a crue have come together and already started creating our on mod. He

have coders working and master ship makers designing ships. When our mod is released, it

will be you posting in our forums for us to give you the server files. And like [UC]Co3ptis

stated, Crossfire will then be forgotten.

• i doubt it....what will be

so friggin special about this mod? uber weapons? uber ships? Trust me, Freelancer has too

many of those, half of them arent even downloaded....if you want to bitch and complain about

you not being able to have your own sever then go host your own WTS, theres too many of

those but who cares about another one?

• oh you uber-thieves are sooooo

clever.... almost as clever as toast O_o

you said that crossfire is not

copyrighted... well lets have a look at the facts then...

The Copyright law and the

definition of copyrights:

I am the creator of crossfire

therefore the crossfire mod is my work (well mainly coz some other ship creators also have

their copyrights on some ships... but i have their permission to use those ships). And this

work is protected by copyright laws. That means i am the guy who can give the permission to

use the mod or not to use it. I can also say that you are not allowed to use my code for

other mods (and thats exactly what i did)

That means in fact

that even in 100 years Crossfire is copyrighted... i yes i want to live that long.

^^

Since the Copyright law got changed in 2004 you dont even need to mark ur work

with a copyright symbol... it is just copyrighted and NOBODY has the right to use it if its

not allowed.

Microsoft is aware of the fact that there

are Mods for Freelancer and Digital Anvil knew about that when they created the fl server

patch 1.1
    Those guys were asked if it is ok to create mods for freelancer and they had no

problem with that. Therefore Microsoft and Digital Anvil agreed that its allowed to change

scripts to create mods as long those mods are not used to make profits.
    Microsoft and

Digital Anvil will never say something against mods coz for all those mods the freelancer

game is needed.
    If you have doubts about these facts i can show you how to contact

microsoft and one of the freelancer developers.

It also has been said that we are

not allowed to take money from others for the server. Well in fact it is allowed to take

money from others to pay the server as long you dont make any profits (which is not the

case). Most of this payments are legal donations and the others are for the systemrent

(which is also a legal act).

btw. you said that microsoft doesnt support this game

anymore? hello welcome to the real world... Microsoft doesnt support this game in

multiplayer but freelancer is still sold and they will sell it even in 10 years... oh and

like the copyright law tells us ... Microsoft has a copyright on this game until the end of

time.

And now to you Uber-loosers...
    If you use crossfire on ur

server, if you use the files of crossfire (which have an signature) or if you use code from

the crossfire mod then ill make sure that you get what you deserve. That means ill make

sure that ur server will have to go offline for a long time... i also will make sure that

you Uber-guys will have a damn hard time on other servers and in the freelancer community.

If you even touch the code of the crossfire mod i will make u think that hell is just

another hot place.
    Those guys which tried the same shit before know that i dont make any

jokes concerning this topic.

Jib is totally right when he said that LR wont

publish ur mod... bp will never allow this... and to make this sure i will have a talk with

him soon

it also seems that you dont want to follow forum rules... so you better shut

up now

and now something about you and ur modding skills
    Crossfire is the best

mod in FL... nothing will change this... even the best mod creators have problems to

understand how many of the features are working... in fact there were many of them which

came to me and asked how it is even possible to create such features

in fact ive seen

what you try to create and*cough* *cough* it will never have chance to be as good as

Crossfire... i mean.. rofl.... basic ships that look like they have been stolen from a

flight sim... a modding team which has no idea of modding... a modding team which is using

bugged versions of tools...
    there are modding teams out there that write their mods since

1 1/2 years and they have no chance to create a mod which is good enough to be a danger for

crossfire

and you uber guys are pure noobs compared to real clans out there... as i

have seen you have no pvp experience... no skilled members... no won clanwars (well how

could you ... you guys just started FL)
    in fact ive even seen that you guys play

camperstrike *arghhh*
    you are nothing compared to the other clans here and crossfire and

all this here wont be forgotten
    we were here long before FL was released and we will

still be here when nobody knows anymore what FL is

you want to be better with ur

community that has just 27 members? oh yeah we with our 1211 members we have big problems

now - lol

you have done some big mistakes...
    1. you guys have started trouble with

a server where some of the best FL clans play
    2. you guys have started trouble with an

old SL-veteran who hates such guy like you
    3. you guys have started trouble with the

currently best FL mod creator
    4. you guys have announced to steal mods or the code of

mods (im pretty sure that the whole FL community would like to know about that)
    5. you

guys have started to insult ppl here... something i absolutely hate

you guys will

never create a successful FL community coz the other players will know about

you

write ur mod and when it is ready then i will call the other mod creators and we

will test your mod... we will have a look at every single line of it and if there is

something that looks like it would be from crossfire or any other mod out there we will make

sure that ur mod will never be published... thats a promise

oh and ehmm 'j00 r

pwned'

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally

posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    That means in fact that even in 100 years Crossfire is

copyrighted... i yes i want to live that long. ^^

:D me too....i wanna live

long enough to kick your ass in Starlancer

oh and ehmm 'j00 r

pwned'

amen :D

• I love it when you are

angry OP :D
    This is my opinion:
    Its not fair (and not legal i think) to steal other

mod creators work. Having a look at the mod (not at the code, or idk im not a programmer,

but only at the thing i can see when i join the server) is ok, if i will make a mod and see

my ideas again in another mod i will be proud, but if i see they made it absolutely the same

way (using the same files etc.) ill start asking and if i will find out its stolen... bah.

Luckyli i didnt make any mods yet :)
    Im still interested in your mod UC guys. But dont

make OP angry, he will destroy you :) And if you say you have so cool programmers and

ship-designers and skin-makers, why you steal parts a mod that "will be forgotten"?
    I

just dont understand. If you are so cool why you think you need a mod like crossfire?

Server empty: A few days (maybe its a few weeks) ago there was some trouble , i dont

know what was it, im sure OP knows, nobody could join the server, max 3 people was there (i

dont know how).

Last word: And if you really looked at the mod, you know it will

never be forgotten. I dont think human memory is that bad. I played many mods, and i

remember them all, including what is where in the mod and the people i met there. And i

think crossfire will be the one i will mostly remember.

Sorry for grammar, but i

think evryone can understand it.

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

• Swat damn where is my fly swatter. Go

away puny penis man. Figure it out. You ride a very fine line with the bullshit you preach.

If you knew as much as you claim, regarding copywright, there are very large allowances to

similiar features. Code may be alterd significantly to create a diffrent picture to hte end

user so as not to suggest any similarity to other known mods.

As far as doing

anything in your FL mod community. I could care less. See you guys are still missing the

point. Because we are a community, we dont feel as though we should make money off each

other. Your donation activity is easily trackable. It is amazing the things you can learn

online these days.

When UBERVERSE does release alpha you will be the first to know

based on recieving a C&D. You will be intstructed to watch closely for slander and or

malicous attacks. See as a non-profit org. Uber Crue has some legal advantages.

As a

community we like to play new games. We have been dissapointed in the past by getting into

good new mods to find the modder no longer wants to host the servers there fore 9 months

worth of char lvling and farming runs you are back at the begining searching for a new game

to get into. We answerd this problem by running our own servers for everything we play. We

have no desire to take credit for anyone's hard work. We would simply like to play a good

mod on a good server. If this means that we cut and paste all the available "free code" that

is available for FL, pick and choose what works, we can make a mod that will be fun for us

to play. See we are not looking for "Donations : AKA clan space rental." We simply want to

have a good time playing games with our friends.

If you are looking to make a deal

with a company like DA or MS go talk to them and cross your fingers when they bringup what

it will cost to use their engine. See we dont have delusions of grandure. We know that we

are not charting new territory. We know that we are simply talented people that can debug

and skin. So we will simply make a compilation mod with new features such as the player

controlled captiol ship. I am debuging this prob now.

However I can not take credit

for doing something MS and DA already had in mind. See a 6 year project to make the FL MMO

got squashed behind some behind the scene under cutting from Microsoft. Yes folks MS was at

it again. Someother lame MMOs that were no where near the level of FL had jaded the market

into thinking FL MMO would flop. The solo did becuase there was no MMO. The fans that have

been following the story from the beging know what I am talking about.

But alas we

are not fans from the begining, we are simply wanting to play a cool game MMO style. So

UBERVERSE Here we come.

• i suggest you guys will leave this forum and the crossfire server now

if i see

that you use code from crossfire then you will get what you deserver and if you use the code

from others mods out there i will have a talk with those mod creators

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• There is no *free code* everything is some1s work
    they

can say use as u want or use with credits or NO never use.
    What you want to do is theft

,so you do it u will be thieves and u will be treated like them.
    Legally you can be

ripped to pieces all domains shut down ,emails banned ect.
    No matter what u think u can

do .You can get well and truly fucked