Crossfire 1.9 download problem.

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi guys,

Just installed freelancer from 2003 disc on windows 7 ultimate, tested it then uninstalled and its ok apart from black screen and audio stutter for a few seconds when a video is cued then it carries on as normal (any help on that would be appreciated too)but my main problem is every time I download the crossfire 1.9 mod to my desktop it just says its a file and not a EXE. I have the 1.31 mod manager installed before I downloaded the mod but when I go the downloaded folder on my desk top there is only a 1.9 gig file and no exe to install.
    Am I doing something wrong Guys? Ive checked and double checked and now losing my patience. Ive tried to open the file with the mod manager but obviously it needs an install first before the manager recognises the mod. Tried to put the file in a folder with the same name as the file then put it in mod folder of mod manager but still no fun.
    I ve a dozen mods and ENB enhancements with skyrim and not had this happen before, so I cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong with Freelancer or the mod manager not recognising the file download (by the way ive downloaded from 3 mirrors but no exe just one 1.9 gig file that says 9 files.

Please help.
    Al

Edited once, last by fat-al ().

• You`re doing "wrong", in that CF 1.9 is ... out of date, M8 ;) - as a first mention.
    It isn`t supported anymore by SWAT due to resources to do so.
    So, when you get at the part of installation, where the update of the launcher is needed ... there wouldn't be such thing.

However, how "big" id the downloaded file ? (perhaps 1.915.200 kb ? )
    Tried to "just" rename it (from "Crossfire19.gig" to Crossfire.exe) ?

As a general rule for downloading Crossfire - was so with 1.9, is so for 2.0 -
    DEACTIVATE your Antivir AND Firewall before you do so.

BTW, have you tried to download it from here : https://swat-portal.com/forum/…1-9-Client-Edition/#files ?
    Should work, even if it takes some time.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• So can I still download from the link you sent me and still play SP mod?

Dunno why not ? :) about the download.
    To play CF 1.9 as SP ... haven`t tried that with an instal without the automatic update.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• BTW : what do you want to achieve with instaling and playing CF 1.9 instead of 2.0 ?

CF 2.0 works perfectly well without issues as SP.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Then don't bother with CF 1.9 anymore, CF 2.0 is much more of the :bomg: class than 1.9 already was ;) .

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I was downloading the link you gave me then I read your last post. Guess its 2.0 then. Thanks NUC.

There is obviously written CF 1.9 ... ;( ... so it obviously is not CF 2.0

For CF 2.0 please look on FAQ here on portal for Crossfire 2.0 and installation instructions. Crossfire 1.9 is no longer supported by us and updates coming for launcher are not compatibile with this version (they will corrupt 1.9 installation)