Why are GAMEDATA files not allowed?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• I remember few months or years back I asked OPR8R to provide me with the gamedata files or make it public and he said no. Then I started to make my own gamedata files but was able to make only GAMEDATA_ships which was not complete and was read from shiparch.ini. The main question is that altough Swat allowed me to post it but he said that he won't support it. I want to ask what is wrong with Gamedata files? Is there a chance someone can launch there server, i dont think so because for that u wud need server files right?

• such files wont be released

I have feeling that on last reply nothing has changed for Crossfire 2.0.

• there is a reason
    infact there are only 2 reason to have such files....
    1. to run a server (which is not going to work and clearly not allowed)
    2. to cheat (which we clearly wont support)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Reason is simple I guess: Mod author don't want to do this. This mod was build for community here and is not intended to give more as is given by client version and License Agreement coming with it. This is something what not everyone may like, but as in RL are many things which is needed to accept no matter if are liked or not.

Edit by
    :D OP was faster this time :D 

• LOL

There's a - perhaps - wee bit more to that. :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• O_o
    we are not even able to run this server correctly yet

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @zebby12 you never wrote why you need these files.
    If you want to find best today's trade (my guess) you can use https://swat-portal.com/forum/…Route-Calculator-2-7-9-5/
    Just ignore program bugs and try different settings. Otherwise there are tons of traders online, you can ask.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• ... wonder what's so difficult to understand ...

IF you have all the data of the client version of Crossfire, what is not too diffucult too obtainn
    and
    IF you have all the data of the server version of Crossfire, prior to their release the hell has to freeze
    and
    IF you are familiar with server-software at all and how to run a 24/7 server, including resources of time & money
    then
    you might be able to run a server.

Perhaps try it with another mod, there are some out there thats server software IS released. Most of them (speaking of FL mods) are even - relativly - easy to mod to your "own needs 'n deeds", if you want. Just don't forget to credit the original modders and makers.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• As you wish.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !