Torpedo trouble

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I have always used torpedoes in my builds for that big pop when I have knocked out the opponent's shields. One of the things I have noticed is on Advanced difficulty the hull damage resists are so large that I am no longer seeing the burst damage that the torp was giving me. I use plasma torps so the burn still works quite nicely but I am starting to think that, unless they adjust the mechanics for torpedoes, that torpedoes in their current incarnation are obsolete.

Thoughts?

• I noticed similar stuff with torps.
    But i think its actually even worse because NPCs repair hull and bring back their shields online again within seconds.
    There is not enough time to do torpedo damage before their shields are up again.

I dont know if this is a bug or intented.
    Meanwhile they seem to introduce torps which have a partly shield penetration.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I am a beam or cannon guy I only run one trop in the front for when the shields do go down. As for advanced I think they made it too difficult, I do not mind a challenge but come on I still want it to be fun.
    Don

• I am a beam or cannon guy I only run one trop in the front for when the shields do go down. As for advanced I think they made it too difficult, I do not mind a challenge but come on I still want it to be fun.
    Don

yep i have noticed that too,with the torp but a practice i use is gun first and they still come at me in a group, exactly what i want, so i then torp the middle pilot that way the explosive damages the ships near the middle man sometimes taking one of them out too then slip straight in behind and take out the rest. :thankyou::thankyou: bring on the next group. fun !
    kermit

• yep i have noticed that too,with the torp but a practice i use is gun first and they still come at me in a group, exactly what i want, so i then torp the middle pilot that way the explosive damages the ships near the middle man sometimes taking one of them out too then slip straight in behind and take out the rest. :thankyou::thankyou: bring on the next group. fun !
    kermit

and you are sure that you are writing about the correct game here? -> check the forum this thread is in

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D

• I haven't used any torps in a while, so haven't noticed any change yet. I use all beams and KCB on my build. However, I get the distinct feeling that my KCB is not as effective as it used to be. I think that is going to be an upgrade project sometimes in the near future.

• in advance mode and particully in pve the npc have a huge boost in res (all of of them) and healing capacities for both shield and hull, which end up in prolonged fight and the need of more DPS. What really help is if you do a run with someone that use delta or beta attack pattern to drop their res. I run with omega, so when everything stack you kill them easy enough. Really a question of timing between teammate.

Edited once, last by zsfe ().

• for a new player however the new balancing is still a nightmare

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,