happy and blessed *Id-celebrations

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• the *Id ul Adha is the highest feast in Islam. it reminds the muslims to good old Ibrahim when he was tested by God. Ibrahim was told to slaughter his son Ismail to prove his veracity but in the end he was offered, that this was only a test. God made clear, that no human oblation will ever be accepted.

so congrats to all muslims, *Id mubarak and salam.

(asks one sheep the other: "do u believe in a life after *Id ul Adha?" :D )

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Didn't know about THIS "holyday".
    Just looked it up and seems it might look a bit as mixture
    of that :00006819: and that :00002047: and that :essen: .... :D
    (plz : no offense meant here)

May you, your family and the rest of your pals have a nice celebration :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I didn't know that part of the Bible was celebrated by/in Islam.

Well, good to know, and..
    Id mubarak and salam !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I would assume : ... if in doubt ... all together :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Uhmmm, don`t know what the koran says in thatsituation then :whistling:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I don't know, is islam about the koran or the bible then ? Or both, lol.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• As the youngest "book"-religions the islam encompass parts of the Bible (new testimony + "selected" parts of the thora) as well as of the thora ("complete" old testimony).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• from the Islam's point of view: the Koran confirms the parts of Bible and Thora, which are correct, and corrects or declines false transmissions in these books. the story about Ibrahim and the oblation is a good example. in the Thora u can read, that Ibrahim sacrifices his son Isaak. but Koran says, it was Ismail. the question about, what book is right and what is wrong can be answered by exact and careful reading the whole story in the Thora itself. there u find the information, that Ibrahim had to sacrifice his first son. and this was Ismail as it is written there too. so either the Thora is wrong in one or the other part.

but, i don't want to open further theological discussions here :)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Yeah, just replace a God with another one/entity (Alah ? ), add few more ideals, remove some u don't like, and problem solved, new bible "Koran" created.

Fast fix :D

...that Ibrahim had to sacrifice his first son. and this was Ismail ...

who wasn't his "legal" son, even if Ibrahim/Abraham was sent by his own wife Sarai to Hagar, mother of Ismail.

But I`m not sure if "God" insisted on this kind of juristical detail.
    At least the Jews did, as they told the story further in the Thora/Old testimony.

@ Michael

Even though the Koran might look as a work of eklectizims and syncretism by using
    diffierent "predecessors, it has the "beauty" of being conceived by ONE MAN,
    which gives the possibility of being at least "inspired" by "God".

Not like the christian Bible, which was an object/result more of political discussions, fights
    and bargains from 325 AD (1st Council of Nicaea) up to 1563 AD (Council of Trient), where
    the now canonical Books of the Bible were finalized.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• So a book made by/from another book, is more "inspired by God" than the original book ?

Those bargains were never settled, the oldest (or original) known version of the bible was the one left behind from what I knew. Whatever few did in some countries didn't modify that.

...was the one left behind...

?(

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nope, but of Isa ibn Maryam :D

or

Jesus of Nazareth, son of Maria of the house of Benjamin, wife of Josef, descendend of the house of David etc., etc., ...

and about his "3 day respawn"

MAN, look at his hair-do and clothes, must have taken SOME time to get it ironed properly :D (clothes as well as hair)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !