CrossFire Download Issue

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• Hi,

I tried doing a general search for this issue...nothing came up, and I'm not trying to search 40 pages of accurate and inaccurate thread titles.

I've had crossfire on past systems without an issue, but I've tried to download crossfire from not only this site, but reputable Freelancer Mod sites, and the problem is always the same. It refuses to download the entire file. the final downloaded size is 356 MB. There was no interruption of my internet connection or any other connection issues that would normally result in a incomplete or corrupted download.

Any ideas what the issue could be? windows firewall and anti-virus didn't interfere with the download

• unrelyable internet connection with packet losses

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Dunno about the unreliable connection, I've downloaded programs/games as large as 7GB without any issues. only Crossfire is giving me grief, and using 3 different browsers just to be sure

as for disk space, if it had been the problem, the system would've issued a error message...but this was never an issue since it's a new laptop with only the OS, MS Office and FL installed on it.

Thanks SilverFox, will try the download manager you suggested and let ya know if it works :)

• So after using the download manager Silverfox suggested, it looks like it downloaded the full size, but coming up with the same error. took a screenshot this time of the downloaded file size(so the size can be verified as a complete download) and the specific error.

• irony about this post is I created it and it shows a long list of similar threads the search didn't find lol

Question-if the Downloaded Size is verified as complete, will there be any issues you think with bypassing the NSIS integrity check?

I've done the entire checklist for resolving the NSIS error and still get the error

• if this error appears then something clearly is wrong
    bypassing this check clearly is no solution

in the end you have crashes or in worst case even crash the server

there have been + 100k downloads of the mod so the problem hardly can be the file on the server or the download server itself

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I just noticed the crossfire19.exe.torrent file - There are no official torrents for crossfire (aka the file you are downloading could be tampered with :| ) Please download official Crossfire from

Crossfire 1.9 Client Version

or from this portal index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=1069 hth :)

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• :thumbup: Nice catch SilverFox!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock