Maneuver menu missing

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Son of Angmar.

• Hi,

I'm playing 1.9 SP and somewhere during mission 7 of the original storyline I encountered a strange graphical bug. The menu in the upper part of the HUD (the maneuver menu) has suddenly gone missing. I've encountered a similar problem beefore on vanilla FL but only when loading a game saved on a station/planet. Then the top menu bar had clearly leaked out of the screen, so I always had to save on the dock/spaceport screen to be able to even lift off.
    However this current issue only ocurs while in space - check the attached image (the red caption is edited in to illustrate what I mean). Did I hit some bad key combination? I tried every key but nothing helps. Even older saves with the same char seem to be broken. Only when I start a game anew from the beginning the menu bar appears.

I play at 1650x1080 and I edited the inifiles according to Freelancer - Widescreen Gaming Wiki and some thread here on the forum, but still no sign of success.

Thanks for any help.

• on the menu you can tell FL to keep the top menu displayed all the time (instead of vanishing)
    -> this is a bug with the new interface that we have not managed to fix yet

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thx SWAT_OP-R8R and SilverFox it indeed was the auto hide option, but I don't remember switching the option on... strange. Anyways switching it off helped and everything works fine now.

Just an update on the behaviour of the auto hide: moving mouse to the top of the screen didn't work, but I figured out that the menu was still there but with 100% transparency. The buttons could still be pressed but couldn't be seen - see the second image.

Anyways, thanks for the quick and helpful response. :thumbsup: