"Speedometer" is gone

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Encountered something ... strange.

Today I got a new monitor, 16 : 9, 2560 x 1440. Prior to that I run on 4 : 3, 1600 x 1200.
    Ofc one of the first things to try was ... CF. :D

Got some problems running it in the new resolution. It showed up in the option menue but - first - didn't work properly :
    "displaced" menue tags, picture not centered or streched, cut aways on the sides or upper and lower edge.

Checked for the newest display and proper VGA drivers ( Catalyst 13.11 beta 9.2 ) : everything fine.
    Checked for the proper entry of the VGA in the "flconfigdatabase", still 0x679A as shown on GPU-Z.

Fortunatly after some restarts of the launcher as well as of the whole system, this probs were sorted out by themself. 8|

BUT now speed and thruster drain aren't shown anymore ?( (see attachment) In SP as well as MP.
    All other HUD-elements are placed well and work nicely.

Not that these infos are too substantial but ... it's disturbing, if you're used to look at your speed and esp. thruster drain
    and there isn't any of that shown.

Any ideas how to sort this ??
    Or do I have to go through the WHOLE deinstallation/installation procedure again :arghs:

Files

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• That's almost what I did to get the resolution working at all - I think.

Just 've done as you said :
    speed and thruster drain stay away.

???

BTW : any chance to get a 1920 x 1080 resolution ?
    That's what the option menue doesn't offers me (took somehting even lower).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc: correction of numbers ().

• Okay
    Since the 'lil prob remained, I thought it might be due to the fact, that it was the "old" installation with 1600 x 1200.
    So I deinstalled/reinstalled everything nicely again (becomes quite a "routine" operation :tired: ).
    AND
    I changed the resolution in the PerfOptions by hand to 1920 x 1080 with these results
    screen1.jpg screen4.jpg

Then I changed the resolution to my - now - native 2560 x 1440. Strangely the 1920 x 1080 option wasn't available anymore.
    See what happend :
    screen7.jpgscreen10.jpgscreen12.jpgscreen13.jpg
    Beside the - again - gone velocity notions, ALSO the target descritions were "mismatched" as well as the writings in the main menue.

I quit FL and restart - with launcher updating properly (at least one problem that solved itself nicely).
    Now all the menues are well placed - 1920 x 1080 option still not available), as well as the target list in-game
    screen14.jpgscreen15.jpgscreen18.jpg

But "speedometer" still gone :daddeln:

Any MORE ideas ? Or does CF just don't support 2560 x 1440 ? - yet ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• i wish i would know whats wrong

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• what is responsible for adjusting these numbers to the resolution ?

The FL engine ? the VGA card driver ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• actually any resolution should be automatically possible
    however i think that some widescreen resolutions are not correctly recognized
    but entering in the perform.ini actually should do the trick and with the widescreen plugins we have in CF it should normally work

only thing i could imagine is the new jpfl verion... which we refused to use so far as it not only contains a fix but also creates some glitches we wanted to prevent
    problem right now is that i dont find the file atm so you can test it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• No hurry on that. You've much more important and pressing things to do - on the mod ;-)

Since it only affects the showing of speed and thruster drain : only minor and perhaps only me (for what reason ever).
    Will have to learn to live without - guessing how much thruster fuel is left until dying X-D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• next to that there are only 2 speeds
    full speed and no speed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :bmuhahaha:

Right, but I like to know HOW fast full speed WITH the (different) thrusters is.

TBH, thruster drain is the more important info - at least "earlier" ingame, without one of "custom-made" ones ;)
    But as I said : will learn to live with it. 8).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• And ... what resolution do you sport ?

Just read the blog you linked. It's mostly about 16:9, with 1960x1080p, as the "biggest" resolution in terms of pixel count
    CF works fine on 1920 x 1080 resolution without any further "hack" needed.
    AFAIK it even supports some 21:9 resolution, but I might be wrong on that.

What I start to think is, that - perhaps - it might be related to the pixel count the FL engine has to deal with
    2073600 pixel in 1960 x 1080
    3686400 pixel in 2560 x 1440

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• You can change the resolution to what ever you want. You just need to exchange 1920x1080 into the resolution you want.
    It was just an idea, nothing else.

• And I am grateful for your input.

Even though the Craig Mayhew stuff is a bit older.
    As said : allthe "mayor" graphical things work just great in 2560 x 1440 with CF 1.9.

@ my last post :
    skip the thought. If there would be aproblem for the engine with the pixel count,
    I think there would/should be randomly changing graphical issues everytime I start the game.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !