Worse performance

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• yes

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• I have no problems with the FPS. also have no idea what's the problem if you have all the drivers currently

Who finds spelling errors may keep them!

• main issue for me atm is the graphics problems. I have checked and my card is not over heating or anything like that. I did look around forums and many are experiencing the same....jump into mission and all you see is bight white and yellow boxes as the textures. So far Cryptic says this is caused by latency.....well, I'm in SoCal and have an excellent internet connection.....if latency is the issue it's server latency. The slowest servers I can find in Northern CA have a avg ping from me < ms, my download speed is 30+mbps and uploads are 5+ mbps. No way these issues are on my end . Other thing I've had happen is a bunch of "server timed out' crashes. Sometimes transwarp to anywhere....just stops responding.....you just stay in "loading (bla-bla) sector" sector screen until I manually shut down game and restart the game. Sometimes change char will help on 1st issue....most times it's best to just not try and restart game.

Have you tried jumping into Breach or Storm the Spire...and all you can see is white boxes? Not fun. Same happens in STF's...but at least those I have done 100+ times

The graphics thing can also happen anywhere at any time....go to bank...all the sudden you have no icons in inventory or bank account.....have to restart game again!

LOL

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• did not experience graphic problems (next to the usual ones with the interface and from time to time flickering textures which seems to be a bad lod setting)

but from the little time i have spent so far with the new season... everything is complicated and complex... there are new fighting systems and absolutely no description how to do all the crap

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Not trying to be rude, but latency has zippo to do with the artifacts some are experiencing. Most of the time it's because the drivers are not updated / bios is over-riding the video card software settings / RAM timing is not set correctly in the bios ( set RAM timing manually according to the RAM manufacturers specs )/ Memory is being absorbed by additional processes / resolution is too high or too low / Anti-Aliasing is set too high / Vertical sync is on / Texture distance is set too deep / DX is not the right version. Server side graphics and details are static, so if User's are experiencing issues , 99.99999999999999% of the time, it's on the User's end.

It may be time to slightly over-clock your GPU as they are all under clocked anyway . Other factors can be the processor isn't timed properly as well. I would be more than happy to assist anyone with this if I can get certain information.

Motherboard type / model
    Processor type
    Video card type / ram amount
    RAM type / latency settings

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Motherboard type / model _ Acer Aspire 5741 (CPU)
    Processor type: Intel Core i3 330M @ 2.13GHz (4 cores) Arrandale 32nm Technology
    Video card type / ram amount: Intel HD graphics 1GB (Incorporated -__-) :D
    RAM type / latency settings : 3,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz

With this specs you'll know why I have less FPS now. :P

• You need to get into your bios and set the voltages for your i3 to specs. Look at your CPU settings on your motherboard via BIOS and see if they are what Intel has spec'd out on their site. That's your first starting point. Voltages are always about 15% less than what they are supposed to be to conserve energy. You can also verify the specs here... ARK | Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (3M Cache, 2.13 GHz)

Most boards have the clock speed set to 333mhz as that is the standard, you need to increase it to 400mhz which is the natural state. Do those two things in the bios and you will see a big difference without cooking your processor or motherboard.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I'll post my spec's here ...maybe you can see something I have missed. What I can say is that it is worse after the latest game patch. It's strange, it seems to have something to do with the number of map changes more than anything else. If I stayed in Allied sphere zone and just did those missions...I could play all day without the graphics going haywire. If I do stf's or just crossing the universe, I can go about 6-8 map changes and then .....bugged out graphics (before patch I could usually get around 10 map changes). I tried things like the 1/2 resolution setting, lowered all details, changed from 1920 x 1080 to lowest setting.....none of this seems to help at all.

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ram: G.SKILL HK 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK

Vcard: SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8400

I will double check the bios settings again later, but I had previosly manually set those things when I put the machine together.

^^ Today I also see as a notice on STO forum
    " Having trouble with your in-game graphics? Enabling the "Postprocessing" option in your 'video' options setting may help while we work on a permanent solution.
    (Options menu > 'Video' tab > "Effects" section > Postprocessing > "On" radio button) " .........seems enough people have reported this that they are making some effort to fix it.

Edit....Turning on the post processing does not help ( at least me) and actually adds some graphics lag. I noticed fleet members that didn't have this issue before are now experiencing it since Thursday update...as usuall update = step backwards. My only current solution is to restart the game after every 2 missions.

Screen goes from thisnormalbase.JPG to this ghostbase.JPG it's much worse in the stf's...I'll take a pretty pic later

Edited once, last by Marauder: add ().

• If I have understood correctly Marauder, then you have the problem for some time. only that it occurred not so quickly and frequently. I have an idea what will be there but could I need more information. is the problem with other games? It takes quite a while to it after the first start of the game appears, or it happens quite early?

• Hi,
    STO is the only game that I have this issue. I did go through my bios and as far as I can tell my manual timings and voltages are all correctly set. As far as how long it takes....hard to say. It occurs after about 8 map changes on average. Example I go to Delta Volanis...then exit to Sirius sector....do that 4 times for a total of 8 map changes....boom....graphics turn to $hit, so I can do that in about 5 mins. If I go into allied space and just run missions on the same map...I can play forever. If I go and do stf's...I can usually safely do 3 missions with no problem....then I restart game so I can continue (usually on 4th stf I have high chance of the problem happening

Oh well....it seems to be a known issue by the STO crew and they say they are working on a fix....we'll see how long that takes.

OO....where is Donatra, the hunt begins...lol ksebork.JPG

really that's not near as bad as it gets, if I try and do another one after this phase...then I have no icons or boffs

Edited once, last by Marauder: add ().

• I had a problem as you describe it before, but not in sto. do not know if you play it on steam. because there is the option to check files. steam loads then possibly defective-file, newly downloaded. well at yet another game also this option has not helped because there slow the graphics card has the spirit abandoned.
    I just hope it's not your graphics card.

the ram I had ever seen such a problem that only a certain memory cell was defective. every time the cpu has written in there, crashed off the pc. then had ever used until I stepped behind it, for the blue screen gave me always the same. dll file from graphic driver to.
    not that it is mounted similar to you, only that it is with you the memory on the graphics card. if you still have lying around another graphics card I would install these times to a damage to the graphics card excluded. if your graphics card is not damaged, try to install a old driver.

• they only know of 3 other issues?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• A couple times I still had icons disappear...so it's not 100% fixed....but it sure is a million times better and much easier to fight when you can see the targets^^ :)

Edit, ROFL...."they only know of 3 other issues?" yep OP, didn't you know we are playing a fully bug free and completely optimized game?

• of course... i forgot
    features... not bugs

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,