CF doesn't get activated after i activate it SUCCESSFULLY in FLMM 1.31. even the icon on desktop stays the same.

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wade88.

• hi mate, i just cant start the game. i can see the dark ages loading in the beginning of the game but it seems the game cant be loaded it crashes me out. what must i do to repair it?

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon: creted new thread in proper forum section ().

• delete old savegames

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i cant activate the mod crossfire 1.9 properly. if sth happened and i was successful in my activation and i see the the green tik on the left of the mod's name, i will know that the error should be somewhere else. i start the game and i see no change or some misfunction like small font or sth like this. i dont even get the CF loading in the beginning of the game. i tried as the instruction written in this site nearly 7 times but i see no good. I WANT TO PLAY THIS MOD. SWAT PORTAL I NEED INSTRUCTIONS
    and my computer supports.

• abarmard: this thread is 5 years old, why you don't create a new one?

> i dont even get the CF loading in the beginning of the game

what do you mean? Do you see the launcher with buttons? Any error happens? Black screen? Did you see the game menu? Game crashes?
    Be more specific please.
    EDIT: as OP already answered you here , delete or backup your old savegames.
    My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\Singleplayer

The jumpdrive is a lie!

Edited once, last by utrack: - ().

• i activate it and get the green mark beside it(( meaning EVERYthing is ok)) but no change at all. when i go to game i'll be just playing the old freelancer ( damn ), the same stuff and story again. i installed as instructed in the site. i tried 8 times installing as instructed and the other ways, and still staying finger in mouth ( guess i'm gonna hate technology ). i just have one guess and it is the crack, can it be the crack i use ( i downloaded the crack from an official server list of freelancer( dont remember now ). i just install the game crack it ( i mean u really dont expect me to buy a 10 years old game do u :thumbdown: ) then install the flmm then cf and then copy the cf in the flmm mod folder and activate it and in all these damn huge installation process i don't see any damn error ( i mean NOTHING ). after all these when i try to enjoy my hardship i just see another hardship ( reinstalling :cursing: ) pls pls pls pls make my 7 years old dream come truth :S :S :love: . and sth else i once used the FLMM 1.5 and the icon changed and the client came i clicked on sp and else i saw the CF loading logo for the first time :| . now when i install them the same way i just see the smallllllll fonts in them main menu( with old storyline and modding ). I READ NEARLY ALL FORUMS ALSO :thumbdown:

• > I READ NEARLY ALL FORUMS ALSO
    lies. :P
    we answered you twice
    also, piracy is bad - buy the product if you like it. it costs only, like, $5

and please, refrain from creating new topics with the same problem if you already did.

edit: red again
    Check if the FL path in mod manager is right - maybe you activating the mod somewhere else. And use 1.31

The jumpdrive is a lie!

Edited once, last by utrack: - ().

• Utrack i made a new thread thx
    i meant CrossFire loading just before the main menu apears. i didn't see it ( i installed the game 8 times) except once and that was FLMM 1.5 . btw the game didn't have any change in any form even though i'd activated the cf. i saw the buttons. no error, no black screen, no main menu ( crashed). i just uninstalled it then.
    now that i've read the forum i know i must have deleted the save folder. after that i tried 3 more times to install the game and get that loading picture and same crash error but nothing happened the same anymore. as i've stated in my new thread now i just dont see any difference in the game in any matter ( gameplay, graphic, customes etc ), just the old freelancer with old font and loading picture.
    excuse me for the former confusion :D

• utrack i meant forums with this kinda problem. really. not all :) but many. a little exaggeration doesn't hurt sometimes.
    UTRACK i really have this problem man. i did what u said, i didn't get what was said ( a poem ). so u say the problem is the crack huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    we sit together
    the computer and i
    i read the forums
    until only the computer remains
    blind the eyes
    fell of shoulder
    broken the finger
    ... no help
    waiting for Godo...

• Well,i`l give you quick info on what i did.Installed Freelancer V1.0,No patches or cracks.Installed mod manager 1.31.Installed Crossfire 1.9.By default Crossfire installed itself to mod manager directory.that`s it.Activated Crossfire,made some options and magic happened,clicking on OLD icon (for some mysterious reason,icon didn`t changed to Crossfire icon untill next day`s powerup) shortcut launched crossfire.

• then i guess i only have problem in installation of the game itself. guess the problem is that crack ( it's no cd crack ). maybe i try deamon tools for that. i lost my own freelancer cd. can't do else can i?

• All posts from 2 other threads were moved here. Please next time use only one thread/time for solve the same problem. thx :)

... I hope Husker's guide will help. Im unsure if there are links also to FAQ how to install (or reinstall fast) CF. For thousands CF installs over last year this all worked well :)

• @ abarmard, why don't you try another installation, such as this one:

I_Removal of Freelancer-CF

1. Uninstall Freelancer and Crossfire using Revo Uninstaller(it has 15-30 days of trial) and after the uninstallation completes, DO NOT close the window in order to remove any leftover files from both FL & CF.
    2. Uninstall Freelancer Mod Manager from it's folder, it has 2 uninstallers in there, use them both in the same order.
    3. Restart your PC.
    4. Use a cleaner such as CCleaner, Auslogics BoostSpeed etc. to remove and repair any damaged files and registry keys.

II_Installation of Freelancer-CF

1. Install Freelancer and if it asks you to restart your PC afterwards, do so.
    2. Install Freelancer Mod Manager.
    3. Install Crossfire.
    4. Activate your mod within the FLMM.
    5. After it's completed, close the window of FLMM and Right Click on the Freelancer icon and click at Properties, then go to Compatibility and set FL to run under " Windows XP SP3 " and also Runs as an Administrator -> For Windows Vista/7/8 only. You can also change your FL icon to the CF one in the Properties as well, in the icon section.

Additional(In case you have issues with your graphics):
    1. Once you run the game, go to the options and set your game as you see fit.
    2. Exit the game and go to " My Documents/My Games/Freelancer and there you should see a file called "PerfOptions".
    3. Open the PerOptions file and scroll down to the bottom. Set your graphics resolution of your monitor in there(in case if it's not your right resolution) then save the changes and close it.
    4. Run your game and enjoy the mod.

In case you're with a laptop and the above about the graphics won't work, take a look in here: index.php?page=Thread&threadID=27654

Good Luck.