new launcher doesnt work anymore

There are 206 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I looked in Taskmanager (Processes of all users), there's no freelancer process.
    And yes, I start it as Administrator.

For the programers:

There's no Error-entry in the Windows Logs, only an "Information":

Windows Error reporting ID 1001:

"Fehlerbucket 3728641009, Typ 5
    Ereignisname: CLR20r3
    Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
    CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
    P1: freelancer.exe
    P2: 0.9.0.8
    P3: 51dc717e
    P4: CFLauncher
    P5: 0.9.0.8
    P6: 51dc717e
    P7: 14
    P8: 0
    P9: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
    P10: "

(Sorry, german system :-) )

Edited once, last by guenni7: added Log Info ().

• @ guenni7

Might sound a bit odd :
    can you look up your Freelancer Installation folder ( C: Programme/MicrosoftGames/Freelancer) if
    beside an folder "EXE" there is a second one "EXE2" ?
    If so, delete it.
    And after you have played look there again. If it is there again, again delete it.

Had this problem quite often with my old winXP system.

@ Zhe Boss

That's sad.
    Might sound even more odd than my advice above to someone as seasoned as you ;) :
    You tried the complete deinstallation/resinstallation process including manual registry cleaning
    and "adjusting" flconfigdatabase.txt to your graphic card ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @ Zhe Boss
    Sry, no offense meant.
    But that way I always managed to solve my CF problems
    (even if it took 3-5 times doing the stuff).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• There's a EXE2 Direxctory when playing, it isnt there after I exit the game.

my freelancer.exe.config:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
    <section name="CFLauncher.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
    </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <system.diagnostics>
    <sources>
    <!-- This section defines the logging configuration for My.Application.Log -->
    <source name="DefaultSource" switchName="DefaultSwitch">
    <listeners>
    <add name="FileLog"/>
    <!-- Uncomment the below section to write to the Application Event Log -->
    <!--<add name="EventLog"/>-->
    </listeners>
    </source>
    </sources>
    <switches>
    <add name="DefaultSwitch" value="Information"/>
    </switches>
    <sharedListeners>
    <add name="FileLog" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.Logging.FileLogTraceListener, Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL" initializeData="FileLogWriter"/>
    <!-- Uncomment the below section and replace APPLICATION_NAME with the name of your application to write to the Application Event Log -->
    <!--<add name="EventLog" type="System.Diagnostics.EventLogTraceListener" initializeData="APPLICATION_NAME"/> -->
    </sharedListeners>
    </system.diagnostics>
    <startup><supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/></startup><userSettings>
    <CFLauncher.My.MySettings>
    <setting name="Windowed" serializeAs="String">
    <value>False</value>
    </setting>
    <setting name="OpenSP" serializeAs="String">
    <value>0</value>
    </setting>
    <setting name="Shader" serializeAs="String">
    <value />
    </setting>
    </CFLauncher.My.MySettings>
    </userSettings>
    </configuration>
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Yeah Silverfox, i did :-)
    Game works fine, I just can't start it two times. Then I need to reboot :-(
    It's a minor problem, but maybe the coders want to know about.

• @ Zhe Boss

Sounds familiar :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• ok, the Gecko-problem in my WinXP-Computer is solved (i installed .net framework 3.5).

next problem:
    when i double-click the freelancer-shortcut on my desktop i get a new error-message (see picture below). i can click "weiter" and the new launcher appears (2nd picture). it downloads all updates without problems. but when i want to launch multiplayer (or singleplayer) a second message appears (3rd picture).
    in the first message-box i can click "Deetails". there is a long list of details. unfortunately without possibility to print or even resize the message-box. in 4th picture u can see the first lines.

where can i change this "SelectedIndex"-value? and what value should be there?

any suggestions?

• I'm not sure, but maybe this will help to a lot of people.
    If you start the game and in some time you quit and then you want to start it again and have the error that the game stop to work make this:
    On the start line right mouse click, task manager, processes and you will see that the game is actually running without to be down on the start line.
    Stop it and then run the game again ^^
    When i have this problem (very rare about 1 from 10 times when i want to start the game) i do this and then everything is just fine ;)

Ahh forget it.
    It's seem it's usless.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

Edited once, last by Night-Hunter: . ().

• thx Utrack :)

1. i deinstalled cf, flmm and fl.
    2. i ran ccleaner.
    3. i reinstalled fl, flmm and cf, activated the mod in flmm, disabled the "shader"-stuff and now it works :)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link