Shield Battery / Nanobots on NPCs

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• I think that its a bit of an annoyance that NPCs can heal themselves with shield batteries and nanobots. It took me 30 minutes to complete a simple starter mission because of this mechanic. Mission went like this:

6 NPC targets
    engage first target break his shield
    he turns and flys over my head
    i turn to re-engage he uses shield battery and he is back to full shield
    repeat

They seem to have an unlimited supply of shield batteries. It's really not fun it doesn't add any new layer of challenge to the scenario its just simply frustrating and time consuming. Is there anything that can be done about this? ex. limit amount of batteries / bots to 3 or 4? something reasonable? I honestly don't even see the reason for this mod! if you want the npcs to be more challenging just increase their numbers but make them slightly easier to kill. That makes the game more fun and challenging w/o the monotony of struggling to kill the same guy over and over. Players experience rewards when they accomplish a task such as killing one of their several targets and when they overcome a challenge such as killing a whole mob of targets by themselves. There is nothing rewarding about shooting the same guy for 30 minutes because he has an unlimited supply of shield batteries.

Sorry about the rant but this is a game breaking feature in an otherwise perfect version of freelancer. Thank you for your consideration.

• the amount is already limited to 3-6 bots/bats for low lvl ships

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It's whatever I have decided to quit your mod because the PvE combat is too frustrating. I dont want to chase ships in circles for 15 minutes and get knocked out of cruise constantly.

• If you don't like the mod, then you don't have place here. Everyone here like the mod and his community and we do our best for them.
    And this that you can't hit them, it's because you need better equipments and more practice :D
    You can't be the best pilot if you don't train :rtfm:
    Think about that.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• easiest solution would have been to take the higher starting money to buy some better ship equipment first

you cant expect to play a such complex mod just like vanilla FL

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• snailmouth:

If quitting FIXED your problem, then you can be happy.

But you should know that your problem is not fixed, you just ran of it, avoided it, "Something too hard ? *ragequits* "

The starter mission can be annoying if you didn't use your money to get better equipment, and tried to kill other NPCs with the lowest, weakest guns in the whole game. But it still starts to get better in time, when you are pretty much forced to upgrade, and got more money for it.

If somebody thinks this is a game to "get out and kill things", he's wrong.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis