Posts by snailmouth

I think that its a bit of an annoyance that NPCs can heal themselves with shield batteries and nanobots. It took me 30 minutes to complete a simple starter mission because of this mechanic. Mission went like this:

6 NPC targets
    engage first target break his shield
    he turns and flys over my head
    i turn to re-engage he uses shield battery and he is back to full shield
    repeat

They seem to have an unlimited supply of shield batteries. It's really not fun it doesn't add any new layer of challenge to the scenario its just simply frustrating and time consuming. Is there anything that can be done about this? ex. limit amount of batteries / bots to 3 or 4? something reasonable? I honestly don't even see the reason for this mod! if you want the npcs to be more challenging just increase their numbers but make them slightly easier to kill. That makes the game more fun and challenging w/o the monotony of struggling to kill the same guy over and over. Players experience rewards when they accomplish a task such as killing one of their several targets and when they overcome a challenge such as killing a whole mob of targets by themselves. There is nothing rewarding about shooting the same guy for 30 minutes because he has an unlimited supply of shield batteries.

Sorry about the rant but this is a game breaking feature in an otherwise perfect version of freelancer. Thank you for your consideration.