How exactly do I start the storyline?

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Brixmon.

• (fyi, I've looked this up on the forums, official site, Google, everywhere. No answers.)
    Soo... just beat Vanilla Freelancer for the first time, installed Crossfire, saw graphics, came, and found that I had to go to a jump hole in Sigma 19. So I trek my way over there and head to E3, where a jump hole is located. I'm alone with my Anubis, fresh off of the campaign, and as I near the jump hole I find it's 'in use' even though nobody is there, it's blinding me with its light, and suddenly a laser comes out of thin space and fries me. Cuts straight through my shields and hull. I'm dead. Ex-Freelancer. Immediate past president of the 'Being Alive' club. Swiss cheese. Molten slag. :sos:
    UGH.
    So... what do? :S

• Hello Brixmon, you will need replay last vanilla mission to be able start new SP campaign. Due technical reasons (can't be done different due locked Freelancer code) are new missions added as 'addon' to last vanila missions. (your vanilla SP save can work, but there is no quarantee if you used for it only vanilla FL without CF mod installed)

... you end vanilla and new tasks will start asap from New York leading you to New Berlin ... check Mission 14

Few important things:
    -follow precisely missions paths, not doing so will lead to various problems.
    -if you will have any 'technical' problem with mission, use last MISSION save to have all 'mission triggers'' reset.

• So, ya, you will need a savegame from BEFORE the vanilla storyline ended, else you can't see the CF continuation of the story, like if you use a vanilla SP save from after Mission 13.

Using a savegame from like Mission 11, before going around with the Osiris, will work. Then you do 12 and 13, and continue with 14 ^^

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thank you, fine sirs. ;)
    EDIT: I got the new missions to work, but now sometimes in combat I lose all ability to turn and have to use 'Go To' or 'Dock' on an object to fix it.
    Any ideas why?

Edited 2 times, last by Brixmon: I don't have to load another save, just need to select something and hit 'Go To' or 'Dock'. ().