Posts by Brixmon

So... Apparently Manhattan is 12,753 km in diameter. But you're shown, at the edge of the system, to be around 100 km away from it.
    What. The. Hell.
    Those "k" and "m" symbols in distance must be something like space-versions of planetary kilometers and meters, because if Planet Manhattan is 12,753 km in diameter, but the total perimeter of New York is around 150 km or so, then obviously Manhattan would be the size of MANY New Yorks. It's not like any of this matters, I mean real nebulae and asteroid fields are nowhere near as thick as they are in fiction, and the planets are nowhere near as small or close to each other as they are in-game, but it's still very, very weird. Not like Freelancer needs to be realistic or anything, I mean it'd be BORING if it were at all realistic.
    Just a little food for thought.

(fyi, I've looked this up on the forums, official site, Google, everywhere. No answers.)
    Soo... just beat Vanilla Freelancer for the first time, installed Crossfire, saw graphics, came, and found that I had to go to a jump hole in Sigma 19. So I trek my way over there and head to E3, where a jump hole is located. I'm alone with my Anubis, fresh off of the campaign, and as I near the jump hole I find it's 'in use' even though nobody is there, it's blinding me with its light, and suddenly a laser comes out of thin space and fries me. Cuts straight through my shields and hull. I'm dead. Ex-Freelancer. Immediate past president of the 'Being Alive' club. Swiss cheese. Molten slag. :sos:
    UGH.
    So... what do? :S