Crappy internet

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Matt Palmer@Lezar.

• I live in a small rental building with shared internet. Usually not a problem except the young couple in the apartment next to me just got NetFlix. Now, when they watch streaming movies online, my internet looks like this:

This is equal to the old 28.8 kbps dial-up modems. STO or any other modern online game is now unplayable. I've had little or no internet for 2 days. I'm searching for a cheap alternative at this moment. I can play when they are not watching movies... unfortunately, they are watching them constantly for 2 full days now [I managed to play for an hour last night about 1 am my time as I assume they went to sleep]. Until I can find my own personal internet, I'm afraid my STO time [or any online gaming time] will be quite limited. Once this happens, I'll be back in full action.

• kk - dont worry

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Not my provider. The internet is included in my rental and paid by the landlord. The young people are the daughter and son-in-law of the landlord. That's why I can't make any complaints and why they get priority. If I cut their cable, I will have no internet AND be a homeless person. :D

Added: Oh, and it's WiFi... there is no cable. :)

• You can always offer free service as a network admin to ur land-lord ;)...and manage connection for good (you ;))...seriously there is a way to divide wi fi connection in a right way, more or less equal for everyone in ur network...and to add higher speed for the modest price... i hope?

Moral of the story

you pay for what you get :)

p.s.
    More Bandwidth and good latency= higher speed
    the bigger is always better ...>_>