Need help with copyright

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [BC]afGun.

• As you already know, I'm working with the cycle named "the Chronicles of Guardian". Actual plot is original, but there is one bigl thing, that instill some uncertainty - one of the universes, used in the first book is Freelancer.

So, what I have now:

1. Freelancer plot is not main and not even background. Its only the part, one of the stops on the further the plot.
    2. FL universe is actually a large decoration to some scenes
    3. The whole plot of the "CG: Final Initiation" depends on it, becouse it's a place, where several key events happens.

What about copyrights? Are there any "pitfalls" of which I should know about? (Russian copyrights have some differeces)

Becouse the first book is ready and finally edited. I can send it to the publisher right now.

Thanks in advance.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• Well, you could have some trouble if the freelancer plot in the book is too similar to the plot of the game. You should also be careful not to use the names such Trent, Juni, Orillion, etc. Otherwise you should be ok

ps: is the book in english also? :p

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• That's why i'm asking. Currently, the book is only on Russian, but can be translated.

Well, it's FL universe. Of course, there will be a plot of FL. One of the anomalies occurs, through which lot of people jccasionally come here from other worlds, in exactly for weeks before the Freeport explosion. Also, the Solar System destruction (by supernova weapon, as you also know from BC prehistory) is one of the keys to the anomalies nature. Yes, the Vanilla events is still a background. But a strong background to accompaniment of other events which take place.

P.S. Here the planned books scheme (translated, some of them are consumed by others):

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

Edited once, last by [BC]afGun: edit ().

• If you ever need a "test reader" for an english or (perhaps also) german version of your book....

count on me :#cool

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• No problem. Just give me your contacs to send a text file. i will not translate it by myself (I believe no one needs to explain why), but will constantly observe the process for shure. The more such readers, the better probability of a good translation.

But in the beginning it is better to dot the i in respect of international copyright law. Whatever the outcome - in Russia is nothing prevents the spread of the book. Especially because I rely mostly on the free electronic distribution than on efforts of the publishers.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• Just send it as a mail via the button in my profile.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)