ISIS Ships Informational Bulletin

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• OK, now for some "input" by one of these notorious, the community not forthbringing SINGLE PLAYER.

Quite a time ago (atm I don't have the time to look up all my posts to create a proper link here. ... or too lazy :whistling: ) there arouse the question
    of information on the handling, manouverability of ships and if such info could be integrated into the info cards or mentioned elsewhere
    (lexicon ? wiki ? perhaps). Can't remember who was in charge for this at SA R&D at this time (Ryleous Arkane ? MartindForlon ?). But
    the general idea seemed to be well accepted.
    As it looks like, SA R&D didn't have enough resources to go on this track, since I didn't found anything. So I did a bit myself. and here it comes:

Independant Sirius Informaton Services ltd.
    Published by Antiquated Private Enterpreneur

Due to the persistant, discrete and expensive efforts of one of our free contributors ISIS ltd. is now in the position to offer informations held by TRAF
    (the Rheinland Space Traffic Authority) on technical specifications of the products of several space craft manfacturers, as needed for licencing their
    products and their review by the "Technischer Überwachungsverein Rheinland" (technical surveilance association). We were able to open a discrete
    source for some of their classified reports and feel obliged to open them up for the public.

Since the sellers of spacecraft take an attitude in their advertisments and buyers information as the to us only legendary known"CAR SELLERS",
    praising their their products as the ultimate offer but giving little, no or even distracting information, this publication intends to be a help for all the folks
    out there, who worked hard to get enough credits together for fullfilling their dream to reach the stars IN THEIR OWN SHINY SPACE CRAFT !

First a note on how these reports should be understood. ISIS ltd. are no masters of engeneering. Therefor we can only give limited guarantee on
    interpretations of the test stand data we have. Please keep in mind that these are "normative", what might explain their similarity, due to industrial standards.
    Also their is still a for each ship individual "form factor", that slightly influences motional behavior (the almost completly vertical orientated "Piranha" will behave
    different to the almost horizontal "Legionnaire".) But hopefully they will give you a clue on the abilities of the craft you might be up to purchase.

For each ship there will be two values influencing their manoeuverability on each of their axes:
    X: pitch up or down Y: yawn left or right Z: roll bellyup or belly down

The first value shall indicate, how fast the ship turns in the according axes, when standing still, measured in degree per second (values rounded).
    The more, the better. Should be easy to understand.
    On the Z-axis will be an additional value. This indicates the by the manufacturer built in limitation for a a maximal roll. Also measured in degree.
    As you all might remember from your first planet-bounded flyind lessons, often a "proper" roll with a following good pitch changes your direction more effective,
    then relying on yawn.

The second value shall indicate the "inertia" of the ship, when in motion, measuered in percentage of weight (values rounded).
    The more, the worse. It may also be called "sluggishness". It is a statement about the force needed to change the ships direction. Might be best be observed,
    when flying in "engine kill"-mode. When you "drift in one direction, turn and accelerate in the new direction. Less "inertia", faster acceleration in the new direction.

The ships data presentation will be sorted by the class, they are lincenced to by the Rheinland TRAF (Space Traffic Authority):
    LF light fighters
    FR freighters
    HF heavy fighters (since TRAF is quite conservative, more modern fighters called "medium" might be found here)
    VHF very heavy fighters (since TRAF is quite conservative, also bombers and torpedobombers might be found here)

As the deciphering of the data is still going on we will extend this piblication.

Independant Sirius Information Services hopes the informations published here will help you in determing "just the right ship" for everyone.
    If you're not happy with what you get, try to find a capable engeneeer; who might "pimp your ride".

Editors note: Please understand, that here only values of "day to day" ships are listed. The according data for bigger ships, especially military ones
    (gunboats, cruisers, battleshiups, transports, freight trains, liners) are so highly classifed and encrypted, that ISIS isn't able to provide them here ("YET").
    Antiquated Private Enterpreneur

Editors note2: ISIS would welcome any offer of advice, assistance, collaboration and correction on this task. Also we offer collabaration, like access to our
    data and deciphering algorhytyms, to any other organisation interested in. Attractive conditions on such a deal will be granted, even though we had already
    quite some expenses.

Please read carefully how to interprete these data. And here it comes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ships informational bulletin, 1st issue
    Common standard ships of the colonies
    processed data of
    tüv_rheinland.jpg

Common standard Light Fighters

"Starflier" civilian 4th class:
    X: 95°/s, 23%, Y: 95°/s, 23%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Startracker" civilian 3rd class:
    X: 60°/s, 23%, Y: 60°/s, 23%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Starblazer" civilian 2nd class:
    X: 60°/s, 23%, Y: 60°/s, 23%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Hawk" civilian 1st class:
    X: 68°/s, 23%, Y: 68°/s, 23%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°

"Patriot" liberty police:
    X: 91°/s, 17%, Y: 91°/s, 17%, Z: 94°/s, 7%, max.: 35°
    "Drake" kusari police:
    X: 95°/s, 23%, Y: 95°/s, 23%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Cavalier" bretonia police:
    X: 68°/s, 17%, Y: 68°/s, 17%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Banshee" rheinland police:

"Piranha" bounty hunters:
    "Dagger" border worlds:
    X: 60°/s, 17%, Y: 60°/s, 17%, Z: 93°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Bloodhound" pirates:
    X: 68°/s, 17%, Y: 68°/s, 17%, Z: 94°/s, 17%, max.: 25°
    "Legionnaire" corsairs:
    "CSV" junkers:
    X: 51°/s, 39%, Y: 51°/s, 39%, Z: 99°/s, 39%, max.: 35°

Common standard Heavy Fighters

"Falcon" civilian:
    X: 76°/s, 28%, Y: 76°/s, 28%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Defender" liberty navy:
    X: 71°/s, 29%, Y: 71°/s, 29%, Z: 93°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Junis Defender" LSF adv.:
    X: 71°/s, 29%, Y: 71°/s, 29%, Z: 74°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Dragon" kusari navy:
    X: 60°/s, 28%, Y: 60°/s, 28%, Z: 93°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Dragon" dragon terrorists:
    X: 60°/s, 28%, Y: 60°/s, 28%, Z: 74°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Crusader" bretonia navy:
    "Valkyrie" rheinland military:
    "Barracuda" bounty hunters:
    X: 76°/s, 28%, Y: 76°/s, 28%, Z: 93°/s, 8%, max.: 20°
    "Stiletto" border worlds:
    "Wolfhound" pirates:
    X: 60°/s, 28%, Y: 60°/s, 28%, Z: 93°/s, 8%, max.: 20°
    "Centurion" corsairs:
    "Anubis" The order:

Common standard Very Heavy Fighters

"Eagle" civilian:
    "Hammerhead" bounty hunters:
    X: 76°/s, 28%, Y: 76°/s, 28%, Z: 58°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Sabre" border worlds:
    X: 60°/s, 13%, Y: 13°/s, 28%, Z: 87°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Titan" corsairs:
    X: 60°/s, 28%, Y: 60°/s, 28%, Z: 58°/s, 8%, max.: 30°

Common standard Freigters

"Rhino" liberty :
    X: 51°/s, 81%, Y: 51°/s, 81%, Z: 99°/s, 81%, max.: 15°
    "Drone" kusari :
    "Clydesdale" bretonia :
    "Humpback" rheinland :
    X: 23°/s, 81%, Y: 23°/s, 81%, Z: 99°/s, 81%, max.: 15°
    "Dromedary" borderworlds :
    X: 51°/s, 81%, Y: 51°/s, 81%, Z: 51°/s, 81%, max.: 15°
    "Mule" pirate :

End of 1st issue

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited 4 times, last by NucNuc: layout, errors, additions. ().

• :bmuhahaha: TÜV Rheinland :bmuhahaha:
    Great idea !

And obvious you are REALY quite Antique

:thumbsup: TRAF :thumbsup:

Next time we will see fjying flatirons ^^

Sorry for the NON-german folk here. "TRAF" is an hommage on a VEEERY old german TV-serie "Raumpatroullie ORION"
    or translated Spacepatrol ORION

Edited once, last by Prt-Cht: spelling error ().

• ... I'm not sure if such thing will help or can do good. Imo it looks like searching for "The best ship" and is question how is this accurate (regarding OPs words that available editing tools do not work correctly with CF files). ... and yes, SA have some of those data, but they were not much used.

• Independant Sirius Informaton Services ltd.

Dear Officer Forlon,

Thank you for your interest and thoughts on our starting publication. It was and is always the intention of a potential spaceship buyer to get
    "the best ship" available for his money. "The best" in that way, that the ship suits his personal preferences, abilities and purposes the "best" way.
    How well do I perform on "engine kill"-mode with thrusters alone ?
    Am I good enough at dogfight not to have to rely too much on armour ?
    Do I plan to travel through regions of asteroid or space debris fields or rely on trade lines?
    What kind of goods will I transport and how much cargospace may I need ?
    Will I go on trading at all or will I become part of one of the several fighting forces all over Sirius, our violence plagued home ?
    These are only some of the questions every space ship buyer will have to answer himself. The task of this publication is to help him to settle on a
    space craft, that fits his personal, individual answers to all these questions is , if only on the question about handling.
    Since the spacecraft seller are obliged to give at least some data (armour, mountable weaponry) truely, informations on flight performance are let
    to their advertising brochures, that are often misleading and resemble the "CAR SELLERs" attitude I mentioned in the opening. One of the more
    infamous ones doesn't tell you anything abou the ships handling but offers you - as a "bonus" - nude dancers (isn't that on the brink of slavery ?)
    and free rum dispensers with a refill flatrate for a whole year, as was offered to me personally by one this guild.
    And a shame: he set up his shop on a state owned battelship !
    Therefore I hope you might understand better our intention on delivering TRUE and FREE information for the loyal citizens of the four colonies.

Sincerely Yours
    publisher

off "role"

Not long ago Gibbon (Gizmo studios), a seasoned FL modder, told how he was asked for "the best ship" in one of his mods. After his futile efforts to explain,
    that there is no "best ship", that every ship has its to's and fro's, he resignated and settled on just saying "Eagle".
    As you will see on following "issues" (Stay tuned for further issues, folks ! Soon to see on THIS PLACE !), there ARE diferences on handling,
    surprisingly on some of the "older", rarly seen and used ship of the Crossfire universe. Part of my intention for this here, is to .... well, "advertise" them a bit,
    make people looking for and trying them. To be honest: atm most people are running for the Cayman, as word goes, that its should be the best.
    Do you remember the release of CF 1.8, when everybody was running for the T-REX ? How much upset there was on the forum, when one clan HIRED the
    only system, this ship was to get ?

And as a side note:
    I DID NOT edit anything. All I've done is reading, a wee bit of thinking and using a table calculator.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @NucNuc: :D :D :D ... gl with your project mate :)

• Gayman's SHIT! EVERY frickin' noob is flying this bloated fish-thingy = LAAAAAAAAAAME .... no challenge in pvp everything's the same mishmash-.- i still keep nuking those fishtards out of the sky, dammit!X(

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

Ships informational bulletin, 2nd issue
    New and rarly seen ships: Light and Heavy Fighters

preface:
    Dear subscibers to the Independant Sirius Informaton Services
    Since it was comparable easy to verify the decoded data of the well known ships we received from our source with the producing companies, this new set of data was a challange.
    When we tried to get some references for our data sets, we found, that a large number of these ships are not even sold or offered in the four colonies.
    Nevertheless they seem to be quite well known to number of independant mechanics and workshop owners, mostly from the branch of the so called "pimpers". From them we got
    at least some information of their origin. Therefore our assignements of origin for the single ships in the forthcomming issues of our bulletin have to be taken under reservation,
    if we dared to do so.

the editorial office

It seems the rheinland gouverment has access to some commonly unknown regions of space, that nevertheless sports already a thriving, highly developed industrial and commercial life,
    capable of producing spaceships, partially "on standard", but partially even much further developed, than what we are used to. Otherwise it is not explainable, why and how TRAF would
    have archived these data.
    Even more intriguing is the fact, that some of the ships listed are definitly of also libertarian, kusari and bretonian origin. It looks as if we have tapped a mayor conspiracy, embracing every
    gouverment of the four colonies, that keeps vital informations away from the people.

More on this to come.

publisher

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ships informational bulletin, 2nd issue
    New and rarly seen ships: Light and Heavy Fighters
    processed data of

tüv_rheinland.jpg

Light Fighters

"Starskipper" civilian:
    X: 95°/s, 16%, Y: 95°/s, 16%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Bident" civilian:
    X: 95°/s, 18%, Y: 95°/s, 18%, Z: 94°/s, 3%, max.: 35°
    "Tiger" civilian:
    X: 81°/s, 17%, Y: 81°/s, 17%, Z: 94°/s, 4%, max.: 35°
    "Goshawk" civilian:
    X: 91°/s, 26%, Y: 91°/s, 26%, Z: 94°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Zorro" corsairs:
    "Drizzt" coalition:
    X: 83°/s, 16%, Y: 83°/s, 16%, Z: 87°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Devilray" coalition:
    X: 83°/s, 17%, Y: 83°/s, 17%, Z: 87°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Hermes":
    X: 81°/s, 17%, Y: 81°/s, 17%, Z: 94°/s, 4%, max.: 35°
    "Nexus":
    X: 83°/s, 16%, Y: 83°/s, 16%, Z: 87°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "A-100 Stormrider":
    X: 89°/s, 16%, Y: 89°/s, 16%, Z: 86°/s, 2%, max.: 30°
    "Shade":
    X: 88°/s, 17%, Y: 88°/s, 17%, Z: 86°/s, 2%, max.: 30°
    "J-40 Quicksilver":
    "LCA Typhoon":
    "P-7 Marten":

Heavy Fighters

"Trident" civilian:
    "Whirlwind" GMG:
    "Bowin" liberty navy :
    X: 83°/s, 29%, Y: 83°/s, 29%, Z: 72°/s, 5%, max.: 30°
    "Interloper" liberty navy :
    "Marauder" bretonia armed forces:
    "Champion" bretonia armed forces:
    X: 60°/s, 39%, Y: 60°/s, 39%, Z: 58°/s, 9%, max.: 15°
    "Traiblazer" bretonia:
    "Stinger" rheinland:
    X: 76°/s, 30%, Y: 76°/s, 30%, Z: 75°/s, 5%, max.: 30°
    "Cheetah" junkers:
    "Vigilant" corsairs:
    X: 67°/s, 53%, Y: 67°/s, 53%, Z: 73°/s, 16%, max.: 30°
    "Exocet" :
    X: 83°/s, 30%, Y: 83°/s, 30%, Z: 62°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "V-Fighter" :
    X: 83°/s, 29%, Y: 83°/s, 29%, Z: 86°/s, 6%, max.: 30°
    "Elder":
    "Bullpup MK I":
    X: 79°/s, 29%, Y: 79°/s, 29%, Z: 94°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Shifter MkI":
    X: 60°/s, 29%, Y: 50°/s, 29%, Z: 93°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Ravens Claw":
    X: 67°/s, 39%, Y: 67°/s, 39%, Z: 73°/s, 12%, max.: 35°
    "Dissolver" : (This ship is rated bei TRAF and TÜV Rheinland as a heavy fighter, but strangely: by the mechanics and resellers it is known as a freighter)

Freighters

"Peon" civilian:
    X: 48°/s, 82%, Y: 48°/s, 82%, Z: 107°/s, 82%, max.: 30°
    "Troop Carrier" civilian:
    X: 51°/s, 81%, Y: 51°/s, 81%, Z: 99°/s, 81%, max.: 30°
    "APC" liberty:
    X: 51°/s, 88%, Y: 51°/s, 88%, Z: 99°/s, 88%, max.: 30°
    "Apophis" order:
    X: 51°/s, 88%, Y: 51°/s, 88%, Z: 99°/s, 88%, max.: 30°
    "Swashbuckler" pirate:
    X: 23°/s, 81%, Y: 23°/s, 81%, Z: 99°/s, 81%, max.: 15°
    "Serafina" pirate:
    X: 51°/s, 81%, Y: 51°/s, 81%, Z: 99°/s, 81%, max.: 30°
    "Adonis" :
    X: 51°/s, 79%, Y: 51°/s, 79%, Z: 99°/s, 79%, max.: 30°
    "Bullpup MK III" :
    "Libertine Bomber" : (This ship is rated bei TRAF and TÜV Rheinland as a freighter, but by the mechanics and resellers it is famous as a "bomber")
    X: 54°/s, 80%, Y: 54°/s, 80%, Z: 96°/s, 80%, max.: 30°

End of 2nd issue

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited 2 times, last by NucNuc: . ().

Ships informational bulletin, 3rd issue
    Very Heavy Fighter, Part 1

preface:
    Dear subscibers to the Independant Sirius Informaton Services
    We have to apologize for the long time of absence of our bulletin, but obviously we gained some unwanted attention. Shortly after the release of our 2nd issue our offices in several sectors
    have been ransacked. Ship and equipment dealers, Shipmechanical workshops formerly openminded and helping shut their doors in front of us, murmering about "official objections".
    Some of our most active contributors have vanished for unknown reason and of unknown remain.
    Therefore we rendered it necessary to seek some new, safer and more openminded accomadation. It is our pleasure to especially thank the IOC, this defenders of open exchange and
    free, unlimeted trade, for conducting some profitable bargain with us, that enabled us to find and set up a new home. In doing so we gathered access to the above mentioned regions of space.
    Me might be able to offer you more information on that in the future.
    The exploration of these new realms of obviously bristling live but also gave us the means of proceeding in the deciphering of the date we agined so far. When we received the data package
    concerning the Very Heavy Fighter class, we were astonished about its size. Our first thoughts were about some encrypting method using "garbish data". But the opposite is true.
    Due to the own discovery of some ancient database in the new systems, partially dating back even before our historical retreat to the Sirius sector, we hade a kind of "rosetta stone" at hands
    to finally crack the TRAF reports.
    Therefor it seems, that the class of VHF is the most demanded one. Not a sign a peacefull civilisation, our ancestors planned to set up in our new home.

Due to this vastness of information we decided to split this 3rd issue into several part for not letting you wait until we could provide you with the data on all ships listed in this reports.
    In this first part of the 3rd issue of our bulletin we pack all the information we gained concerning the rebuilt ancient space vessels of alliance and coalition origin. For better reading and comparision
    we repeat the data on the well known ships of this class.

the editorial office

and

publisher

Ships informational bulletin, 3rd issue, part 1
    Very Heavy Fighters
    processed data of

tüv_rheinland.jpg

"Eagle" civilian:
    "Hammerhead" bounty hunters:
    X: 76°/s, 28%, Y: 76°/s, 28%, Z: 58°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Sabre" border worlds:
    X: 60°/s, 13%, Y: 13°/s, 28%, Z: 87°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Titan" corsairs:
    X: 60°/s, 28%, Y: 60°/s, 28%, Z: 58°/s, 8%, max.: 30°

Alliance based Designs
    "Shroud":
    "Wolverine":
    X: 67°/s, 37%, Y: 67°/s, 37%, Z: 61°/s, 31%, max.: 30°
    "Tempest":
    "Sai":
    "Phoenix":
    "Predator":
    X: 78°/s, 28%, Y: 78°/s, 28%, Z: 71°/s, 3%, max.: 30°
    "Patriot":
    "Mirage":
    "Naginata":
    X: 75°/s, 28%, Y: 75°/s, 28%, Z: 67°/s, 28%, max.: 30°
    "Coyote":
    "Crusader":
    "Grendel":
    "Hades":
    "Reaper":
    X: 75°/s, 27%, Y: 75°/s, 24%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°

Coalition based Designs
    "Saber":
    X: 70°/s, 29%, Y: 70°/s, 29%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Lagg":
    X: 79°/s, 28%, Y: 79°/s, 28%, Z: 70°/s, 3%, max.: 30°
    "Kossac":
    X: 60°/s, 29%, Y: 60°/s, 29%, Z: 58°/s, 8%, max.: 30°
    "Kamov":
    X: 70°/s, 16%, Y: 70°/s, 16%, Z: 78°/s, 42%, max.: 30°
    "Basilisk":
    X: 70°/s, 35%, Y: 70°/s, 35%, Z: 70°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Saracen":
    X: 82°/s, 30%, Y: 82°/s, 30%, Z: 80°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Azan":
    X: 82°/s, 42%, Y: 63°/s, 42%, Z: 111°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Haidar":
    X: 76°/s, 46%, Y: 76°/s, 46%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Karak":
    X: 78°/s, 29%, Y: 78°/s, 29%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°
    "Salin":
    X: 78°/s, 28%, Y: 78°/s, 28%, Z: 78°/s, 4%, max.: 30°

End of 3rd issue , part 1

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !