Shepards Indoctrination (and the theories behind it)

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [BC]afGun.

• so, the title got you curious. i have found a video on youtube (well was shown to me) that makes sense of the ME3 endings and doesn't make it suck so much

if you have an hour or so to kill, i recommend you watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOyeFvnhiI

• That theory was disproved the director's cut of the ending.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• Aswel as many others.

The freedom of making own post-end world of ME was destroyed by fans themselves.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• i haven't been able to play the Extended Cut. my copy of ME3 is broken until i get my internet fast again (something like Aug 6th or 7th)

do you really think that Bioware made some DLC to disprove something they put SO MUCH blood, sweat, tears, time and effort into? seriously bruh, i don't see how you can say the director's cut (i'm assuming you mean collectors edition or the most expensive version of the game)

you crazy man...

• I don't think anything. Bioware were actually forced to make that DLC. At least according to the comments of creators of the game.

Fans wanted for anwers. So they got it. And that answers disproved some of the theories and fan fictions. Neither more nor less.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• because Bioware actually gives a damn about it's playerbase. there aren't too many companies that will do that. not so much forced as it was, how you put it "fans wanted answers"

now since my game is broken, and i don't feel like waiting to get it fixed when my internet goes faster, please humor me and tell me how the Reapers attempts to indoctrinate Shepard are disproven in the Extended cut.

in a PM though :D

• See related video of endings.

there aren't too many companies that will do that. not so much forced as it was, how you put it "fans wanted answers"

Becouse they use it now as an element of advertising.
    Russian communities expected that they deliberately made original ending to sell extended cut after it. That was a wrong opinion, becouse DLC can be downloaded with no charge.
    But most of the complaits were like: "What the writers were smoking? There is a huge amout of plot holes!" and so on.

So, they were forced by own fans. And practically not hide it.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

Edited once, last by [BC]afGun: edit ().

• i think you misunderstand. i think that the ending was intentionally written that way, and due to the ignant population of gamers (a good 80-85% just played through the game without paying too much attention, but i really wouldn't know) went into uproar due to the plot holes. choosing to destroy the reapers is the only ending you get that shows shepard (or who we presume is shepard) taking a breath in. yes it's contradictory that soveregin wasted Shepard, but still managed to get aboard the citadel, activate the catalyst blah blah blah...

choosing to destroy the reapers is the only ending you get that shows shepard

Yeah.. Shepard's death caused very much complaints. People don't like when their heroes dying nowadays... They want "perfect happy ending".

i think you misunderstand.

Probably, yes.
    But I just said that this DLC was damaged the freedom of imagination. As you did in spoiler, actually.
    The fans have created many fictions (Indoctrination theory was only one of them), while tried to find answers for questions like "why the Normandy fly away?" (and only found "42" answer, I guess). After release of Extended cut, the number of new fiction stories and theories was greately decreseased aswel as game popularity (the endings were really hot topic) also start to decresease.
    And that was a true damage made by fans.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• becouse DLC can be downloaded with no charge.

That's where you're wrong. Take a good look at the Ashes DLC (which includes the Prothean guy in your squad) and then talk. They made it with charge for the PCs , but for the rest of the consoles it's free -> and that's just a freaking bullshit.

Anyway , I also knew that the ending was just making no sense and after I watched that video, it did started to make sense. But as you said that this theory was disproved ...well , it just sucks now. If they hadn't disproved it , the next Mass Effect would have started from there :

Oh , and who the heck is Stargazer? God? and the child in this case would be his son? ... idk. BioWare just made the ending with no freaking sense.

• i think he represents someone who the story of "The Shepard" was passed down from generation to generation. clearly they aren't in the Sol system, maybe they're Kai's and one is Elder Kai talking to Supreme Kai Kubito

bonus if you know the reference :D

Take a good look at the Ashes DLC

"From Ashes" in not Extended Cut! It was released much earlier than EC. And I meant, that Bioware released EC fo free contrary to the expectations of players. And I don't care about other in that case.

the next Mass Effect would have started from there

Mass Effect is ended. No more story with Shepard will be. Only possible DLC.

BioWare just made the ending with no freaking sense.

Bioware written the story. As authors only THEM can say what they done and what they should have done. Only them knew the story, and that wold be a serious mistake if they surrender to the players completely.
    Remember that the authors making the story. Not the others. We are too accustomed to the fact that the authors answer all our questions. The main goal of story is to tell what happend, but not why. And they told that story very well.

So, I'm still completely can't understand tha matter of complaints.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

Edited once, last by [BC]afGun: edit ().

Mass Effect is ended.

that's not official either. Bioware states this is only the end of Shepards story. granted, they haven't confirmed nor denyed an MMO or the story of someone else in the ME universe, i don't think they're going to let an epic such as Mass Effect end forever and ever

hell, look at Halo. the first game was in 2001 and they're making Halo 4 eleven years later still. Halo has a universe and fanbase like Mass Effect. Both has animated features (ME's is in the makes) they have books, merch, games, fan clubs, booths at gaming conventions like E3 and Comicon. everyone though it was the end of Halo at Halo 3, but Bungie made the ending with a "what the fuck" ending...just like ME3. Halo continued with ODST and Reach. it's not like they're going to stop at those. Halo is too big an empire and too big a money just to quit due to the story line. i predict Mass Effect is going to be no different. there's a TV series in the making and i'm CERTAIN theres going to be a game in the future. maybe not about shepard, but it's too epic a storyline and a massive fanbase and too big a money maker (for Bioware and EA respectively) to just stop at Shepard piled under rubble and taking a breath in. no one in their right mind would end such a series with that

and you call yourself a fan...*shakes head*

• Well, I told that ME as Shepard's story was ended. But I'm did't said that the universe is ended too.

and you call yourself a fan...

I never called myself as "fan" of ME. I only said, that I like it. But not so much to replay the game for two hundred times or writing the fictions for it as many do.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• Well, BioWare let that " door " opened(The endings) just in case they want to create a new ME game. As the franchise brought to the company so much , I don't see why they wouldn't continue it ( As Portal Earth already said too).

Too bad that they'll end Shepard's story though. It will be really good if they continue the story with him again and represent him in the galaxy as the Legend and not some soldier who killed what.

Anyway , I'm waiting for the movie now. If anyone has some info on that , it would be great to if he/she can share^^

• There are some rumors about incoming DLC called "Leviathan Dis" about Reeper in batarian homeworld.

Some fans belive that new romantic line will be added :D

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• i don't want any more DLC

I WANT MMO!!!
    wait...if Shepard and Harbinger had a kid... how could that even work? i mean...where's he gonna put it in?