Game crash when try to load a character

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by InYourFace.

• Hello its been a while since i was here last time!
    after some months i wanted to give freelancer another try
    i started launcher everything was fine. it updated more then the last times but i guess this was something with the graphic update which was introduced meanwhile.
    after that i launched game as usual. connecting to server works most of the times after that when i try to load an char it instant gives me the message: "please wait the operating is taking longer ... press esc"
    the background is glowing black and white meanwhile
    after this i deleted freelancer + crossfire + mm
    then i installed everything again. but same problem.
    can someone help me? i guess it has something to do with the graphic update or my settings but dont know what exactly it is :S
    thx in advance

My Chars : HerrVorragend, InYourFace, InYourFace², InYourFace³ and MayInYourFace

• Have you deleted yourr Freelancer folder at "My Documents" while reinstalling ? If it's about settings, some are saved there.

Is your connectoin ok, firewall exception for Crossfire, and the Launcher , or jsut firewall closed ? Antivirus should be no problem at all.

I'm not sure exactly what your error is...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• connection is ok firewall ddoesnt block it

its the same error as huor discribed a couple of months ago

Help needed: Crossfire 1.9 - Character Selection -> Server Crash

as it seems they didnt found a solution yet

and still i feeling bad at each attempt connecting to server caus i thhink it crashes the server for a moment -.-

Edit: loweing graphic and game settings doesnt help :( *yay another server crash* -.- sorry for it

btw single player works without any problems can do everything there

My Chars : HerrVorragend, InYourFace, InYourFace², InYourFace³ and MayInYourFace

Edited once, last by InYourFace: a ().

• Please try start new character on NEW ID! If it works, then some of your char on old ID is bugged and you need ask OP about repair. Trying log with this ID only lead to server crash ... everytime :(

Edit by
    One from changes was reducing chars amount from 10 to 5 (new accounts). Experience also say that more than 7 chars on one ID (old accounts) lead almost for sure to damaging ID (matter of time only). Second thing is use 'storages' as standalone char with less than 100 equipment on separate ID ...

• how can such things happen?

last time i logged in everything was fine and i didnt change anything till now -.-
    where i can find my now id and/or change it?

• search here in downloads 'Freelancer ID changer' or you can try launch cf on new windows profile. changer have option to clear actual ID and new one is added when you start MP.

... why? check my updated post above. more reasons

.... !!!!!!! BUT FIRST PRINT YOUR ACTUAL ID !!!!! .....

• well ok i think i had about 8-10 chars but this wasnt a problem when i last played it :(
    i try to change the id stuff lets see ten

• ok it works with new id ...
    can i get at least some of my chars back and how ? :(