R.I.P. Angmar Witch-King, Son of Angmar's father, 1955 - 2012

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Son of Angmar.

• This is so sad - Angmar was my first and oldest friend on Crossfire and I am very sad he is past away and moved on to better things - my condolence to his little boy - I am so sorry - your dad was not only a in game here - but a real life hero - I will miss him a lot.

I post here about my first accidental meeting with that old witch king - posted many years ago - but it was the real reason I stuck around in this community for a number of years

Angela Death and the Compassionate Freelancer

"GET OUT OF CUSTODIAN NOW" - I remember from playing last time. So, coming back to Freelancer and trading/missioning to get enough cash to buy a Sabre I thought I would travel to Crossfire by a legal route. I would not go into any Clan system and the route started in Texas.

Now, I am an idiot, and I spent 3 hours getting from Dallas to Crossfire, mainly because I spent a long time going around Midpoints Rift rather than to the centre.

I get to Crossfire- what a relief - what joy in getting there on my own - what a sense of satisfaction. With increased confidence I begin to explore but suddenly hear the scream of guns against metal and realise I am under attack. I try to avoid him but he is too strong and fast and I die. Respawning in Xfire I come out and he kills me again, then again. One time I mange to get into one of the new systems and he follows me and kills me again. Next time I confront him and fire back - but he is stronger and faster than me - I die again.

Bitterly I ask him what he has against me - the mod is called Crossfire, you get there and you die. He says that I am a new player, a nobody and that he kills me cos he can. He says I deserve to die cos I use Nanobots and I deserve to die. He will teach me how to fly properly.

Later that day I decide to build a better ship and skillls and meet this guy again and hopefully I would have a chance - I noted his name. I meet a wandering freelancer who politely asks me how I am doing and I share my sad story. I ask about how to get a bounty put on my murderer and confess my impotence - is this the Crossfire community I heard about and enjoyed briefly once before?

The new chap is a Merc but shows me some compassion and gives me advice and points me in the direction where new equip can be found. I agree to meet him in Xfire later and make my way again to the scene of my earlier terrifying experience. Using the server stats I recognise my killer has a clan and that a group of them are spreading from the centre of Sirius like a disease - no doubt killing unsuspecting innocents.

Craziliy I begin suspecting the Compassionate Freelancer is setting me up - UAC pilots are everywhere and Apollo attacks me in Alaska for no reason - I ask him why and he says cos he can. I am a new player and no challenge to his enormous power - he can kill me easily.

It was not a trap and the Compassionate Freelancer helps me get stronger - but I won't prey on the weak and new. We want this community to grow and encourage people to enjoy playing online. Not to feel they are hunted.

My killer - let me tell you any new character I play will be called Angela of Death as a marker of what sort of cowardly scum we have on this server - that are out there for all new players as a warning.

The Compassionate Freelancer went away in the early hours - no doubt on his lonely quest to right wrongs and set a standard - I salute him but did not catch his name - but he acted like a King.

• Oh my God...

I'm just seeing this thread, how could I've missed it. It drives me to tears to see that a friend has passed away. Much could be said, but I think words are useless now... Really, I don't know what to say. I've always took for granted that Crossfire and all my friends will be here forever. But of course, everything in life has an end, even life itself.

I'm beyond sorry. You will forever remain in our hearts, dear friend. All those hours we spent together will not be forgotten. Ever.

Rest in peace, I hope that someday we will see each other in a different world.

My deepest condolences..

IOC Tyrael

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Hello every one im back too the forum but not to CF again but Yes I confirm this I haven't been here for along time as too RL as you all know why I didn't think it would even get this far and I found the thread and Im tearing up with a smile too see all the people who have Hounered him Thank you so much everyone for being there for me ! And I feel the sadness you all do it was 1 year last month Thank you everyone

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -