Weapon turn rate

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Don't know if this has been mentioned but something i randomly found out while testing a new ship with a massive turret on it.

I wanted to get it so the turret would turn really slowly due to its size and weight on the model. All it did was turn quickly like a normal turret. I then decided to add mass to it, thinking that's bound to slow it down. Nope, still turning quickly. And then i discovered this line in the weapon code,

turn_rate = 90

I always thought it had something to do with the angles the turret could turn like 45 degrees, or 90 degrees etc, but that's not the case at all. It's a speed setting for the turret. I set it to 10 on my model and the turret rotates really slowly like on a battleship which is exactly what i was after. Not sure what the highest number is you can enter, but all anyone needs to remember is low number equals a slow turn and high number a fast turn. Never too old to learn :P

• hmm
    interesting found

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Tbh it's only useful if you have a big turret you want to use, otherwise it can be left on the standard setting of 90. Some base turrets after further digging are set to 45, but in my case i really wanted it to be slow so messed with the setting until i found a value i was happy with, 10 in my particular case