How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

There are 92 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello,

I tried following the instructions but when I look in the flconfigdatabase.txt file, I don't see anything resembling the name "0x0398 = "GeForce Go7600 (??)" // added by Louva-Deus". I do find a few words saying "GeForce" but nothing explicitly like what we should go by. I use a GTX 980m & the gpu-z says says intel 4600 HD graphics (but i switched to gtx 980m in gpu-z).

Anyway, if there's something I'm missing, please let me know! ^_^

Sorry for soo many posts btw. I come across a lot of things.

• What are you actually trying to do?

I never had to edit that file no matter which of my graphic cards I used (AMD + Nvidia).

That gpu-z finds your internal intel chipset might be a misconfiguration in your bios.

How to Disable an On-Board Graphics Card in BIOS | Chron.com

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If the laptop is designed to switch between integrated and discrete graphics, it is normal that both adapters are enabled and detected by GPU-Z. You will need to select GTX 980m and copy the code after 10DE (next 4 symbols), then put it anywhere in the NVidia section of the text file as described in instructions.

• Oh my gosh, that fixed it! Thank you! And this resolved my other mouse lagging thread! I'll edit that to say SOLVED.

Do you know why my mouse is red most of the time instead of white? (mouse in top left here): 7jyq2gy.jpg

I put my graphics driver under the TNT options for those who read this & need help.

• Do you know why my mouse is red most of the time instead of white? (mouse in top left here): 7jyq2gy.jpg

Red cursor is used as default by some Crossfire cursor sets. This cannot be changed, but you can try switching to another cursor set in launcher options.

• Also, I turned v-sync off through nvidia control panel using the freelancer.exe in the EXE2 folder that starts once you start freelancer. There's no more annoying mouse lag! Although screen tears can happen but that's not as bad as the mouse lag haha.

• Didn't think all of them would be red... Then you'll have to get used to it I guess.

(My own selection is Cursor set 4, which is red but barely visible in default mode.)

If you really need another color, maybe there is a way to modify game files. But only mod developers can say if this is possible.

Also, as a last resort, you could restore the original FL cursors from .flmmbak files.

• depends on what the cause is.

missing files -> reinstall

full vid memory... lower settings or use different shaders

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Reinstalled.

I also tried it with all shaders, including vanilla ones.

It is strange that all ships have engine trails that are so big. Colors are correct, but size...

Oh yeah, all the trails are too big, including from the guns.

• because the game can not load the textures for some reason (whatever that reason is)

there are only the above mentioned issues that could prevent that textures are loaded

missing textures or a full vid memory

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,