How fast can you write? Dactylography

There are 108 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The_Cro_Legend.

• Now we waiting for Grifin to go offtopic to back this thread on topic!

• Good idea :D

It's simple, after going off topic on an off topic topic, we have to go off topic on this topic again so we get back to the off topic topic we had before, as we are on off topic section.

This should actually have sense ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• since some guys pretend to be super (in whatever) or trying to find excuses (for whatever)
    make THIS TEST
    on the upper right side you can choose YOUR LANGUAGE and there are a bit more languages to choose from, so NO excuse necessary and surely no cheating necessary ;)

German language (my native)

Wörter pro Minute (WPM) 60 Tastenanschläge 319 Korrekte Wörter 56 Falsche Wörter 2

English language

Words per minute (WPM) 56 Keystrokes 296 Correct words 54 Wrong words 2

if you want true results, then dont fool yourself.
    I made both results at the first try of each. Be honest to yourself and do the same. and then bragg about it if you really can.
    Even most wont even admit if they did use more tries only to beat someone.

• Visit the Typing Test and try!

Wörter pro Minute (WPM) 58
    Tastenanschläge 290
    Korrekte Wörter 54
    Falsche Wörter 0
    Du erreichst 290 Punkte, damit befindest du dich auf Position 2681 von 8459 auf der Rangliste (letzte 24 Stunden)

Thats with my native language. Damn am i slow^^

Edit by

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Edit by

Edit by
    Words per minute (WPM) 52
    Keystrokes 266
    Correct words 50
    Wrong words 1
    You reached 260 Points so you achieved position 15711 of 66957 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

Edit by

Edit by
    thats with english langauge. Damn do they have short words^^

signature.png

• Nice ! This one makes you think more before typing the next word, like the competition one.

Thanx Abras :D

After the tests, indeed, German is the hardest one for me.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Words per minute (WPM) 92
    Keystrokes 471
    Correct words 83
    Wrong words 2
    You reached 460 Points so you achieved position 2017 of 65950 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

This was 3nd try, on the 1rst try I was stopping after each line not knowing what the next line is, and 2nd was for heating up as it was morning.

Words per minute (WPM) 81
    Keystrokes 412
    Correct words 77
    Wrong words 1
    You reached 404 Points so you achieved position 257 of 1309 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

Yes I have a worse score on my language... 1rst try.

1rst try on German (yes it's damn complicated, and yes it really was 1rst try, no cheating...)

Wörter pro Minute (WPM) 69
    Tastenanschläge 355
    Korrekte Wörter 63
    Falsche Wörter 1
    Du erreichst 346 Punkte, damit befindest du dich auf Position 1683 von 8191 auf der Rangliste (letzte 24 Stunden)

1rst try in Spanish(this language has damn long words)

Palabras por minuto (WPM) 79
    Caracteres 396
    Palabras correctas 56
    Palabras incorrectas 0
    Ha conseguido 396 Puntos, se ha clasificado en la posición 346 de 5165 de la lista (últimas 24 horas)

1rst try on italian

Parole al minuto (WPM) 73
    Caratteri 371
    Parole corrette 57
    Parole sbagliate 1
    Sei arrivato a 364 Punti quindi hai raggiunto la posizione 241 su 811 all’interno del ranking elenco (last 24 hours)

1rst try on French

Mots par minute (MPM) 69
    Lettres tapées 360
    Mots corrects 44
    Mots incorrects 2
    Vous avez 346 Points, vous êtes donc 765ème sur 4512 au classement général (dernières 24 heures)

It has symbols which I don't have on the keyboard... there comes the 2 mistakes and thinking about the words.

I tried on Catalan ( a spanish dialect), which is on the list, but it has some extra symbol and I gave up, not worth it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 3 times, last by Michael ().

• Just practice I think... and how you can explain Sean (or whatever was his name) doing 700 keystrokes/min with random words ? ^^

That is the same as my first results on here:

On first try:

On second try, checking not to mistake:

• 8 keys in 1 second, each second, so it even makes sense aka words.... Makes you use 8 of your fingers (you dont have more or?) hitting one correct key. Are you nuts? :D
    I mean imagine 8 correct keys each second, slowly... E i g h t k e y s e a c h s e c o n d ^ ^
    That math makes no sense for me - although its the correct math. Unimaginable.

Please make a video showing you typing and the screen countdown :)
    Ever thought to take part in a Guinness Record trial?

signature.png

• I kept doing the test on english few times more (it's easier on english...), I barely pass over 500, and that guy made 700c/minute in the same type of test, random words.

I still have a way to go... but well, I still have time as I'm just in the 20es age, half than that guy.

• 92 words per minute, 470 keystroked in one minute. That are 8 keystrokes in one seconds, that is 0,125 seconds for one keystroke. That means each seconds you hit 8 keys with your fingers - thumbs not counted.
    Explain how you do that.

hehe..
    he is a magician (like usual)
    I would rather have an explaination for his 1311 keystroke with a failure of 0.23 percent (in english, according to his own posted screenshots)
    and now, english again, way less keystroke 483 but almost same percentage of failure 0.21 .
    Something was not "real" so. ;)

I would love to see a recording of his typing. Other than that I consider it as being a fake.
    And I think who needs to fake results, lies to himself only.
    Truth will come out anyway like it obviously did right now.. rofl :D

• 700 character in 1 minute. that makes a ratio of 11,6 keystrokes in 1 second. Now tell me how you can use more keys than you have fingers in just one second.
    Either the time on other places is half as fast as here or i cannot understand how someone can use more fingers than a normal person has. Or at least its just a cheat.

Well i dont say you cheat Michael. But even 8 fingers in one second - each second... Does that not somehow sounds even strange for you?
    I tend to believe much faster isnt possible as you are already nearly at the interrupt poll time for keystrokes ;)

signature.png

• You can test it on here Abras, check my results on the list of tests at the time of my post.

There you can also see if I tried the same test more than a time, in the languages I said I did it only once.

Enjoy the sight.

The 1311 c/minute score of course was fake, it was no hacking as I found none, but it was a cheat(no image editing). But if you see my previous posts, you will notice I wanted Spiky to admit it first, and then I'd tell my trick:

Spiky-: have anything to say about your ~560 characters record with "2 fingers" typing ? If so I have something else to say...

I hope you know the difference between cheat and hack in this case.

Huor, the video of that guy at 700c/minute is on this same thread, but you won't see much, as his fingers are too fast.

• maybe he uses text to speech just the other way around so it's speech to text. Don't even know if that is possible.

Michael we did mean a video of YOU typing and not some other guy typing ;)
    but let me guess, your pc cant handle it, right? or your connection is to slow to upload it. or whatever you bring up to excuse not doing it . :D :D

and not to sound too strict, but a cheat is a cheat.
    and if you change a result for your own favor, you cheat.
    first you start taking a candy from your friends plate without asking him (so you steal) doesnt hurt anyone, does it?
    if you write a test and take a sneaky look at your notes (while its not allowed during the test) to get the right result, you cheat. Even no one catches you. ;)

• That is impossible, know why ?

1. Because some(in other languages, many) of the words are not gramatically correct. Many have no accent and symbols like ¨ or ^ above the letter.
    2. You would never have a micro and tool to listen and type what you say, without failing any sound of your voice ! The voice is a very variated and complex thing...
    3. Can you speak as fast as this ? 90 words in a minute, without failing any sound, and in other languages as well ?

BTW, I like the achievements part, I think I'll try to acomplish some for today :D

http://speedtest.10fastfingers…hievements#achievement-17

EDIT:
    Huor: yes, indeed, both are incorrect, but a hack would mean that I edited the program to make it easier for myself, and cheat is using other tools or tricks to cheat the program's word counter.
    The program was apparently unhackable, but I could easely script the text, so the PC would type in my place(which is what I did for the 1300c/min score).

BUT on this new page, you can't see the words, only 2 lines... and it checks the word separatedly, 1 by 1, so I can't script anything at all.

I made an account on there now, for the achievements, and you can see my improvement in a table.
    I just made 2 tests for now, the 2nd one was this:

Words per minute (WPM) 95
    Keystrokes 474
    Correct words 92
    Wrong words 0 <-- I JUST NOTICED THIS xD
    You reached 474 Points so you achieved position 1580 of 63672 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

And my profile is this(where you can see how I go):
    http://profile.10fastfingers.com/37374/MichaelSeph

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• When I see the word "people" on the screen, I don't even think where each letter is, I only read the word in mind and type it as I read, and I "feel" when it's wrong and automatically once/double hit "backspace".

As I did 70 wpm in the German language(which indeed is complex as hell), including ä and ö I had to type, which are a combination of 3 buttons for me Shift + ¨ + vocal, I only looked at the letters, without thinking at a logical order of a letter after the other one. I did had to search for the ¨ though... not with my eyes, but from my memories.

• people has just 6 letters. you have written that word in less than a second ;)
    Means you have one finger on each button - hitting two buttons twice. In less than a second. ROFLMAO.

Currently tried that - well i am just uber untalented. Or my keyboard is technically limited so it just recons when i hit 3 buttons (p o l - which are used for people) at once

signature.png