How strong is your PC

There are 146 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MISTER(robert)BROT.

• Since when you have 6 times more upload to a server in your country, than to Frankfurt ?

The only thing that should be different is the ping :D

Thre romanian internet speed is the 3rd or 4th in world?

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• Time to reveal my funny PC :)

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 965
    RAM: Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 1333
    MB: Asus M4A89GTD Pro
    GPU: Radeon 3850 512/256/GDDR3
    PS: 800W XTX
    Case: Trendsonic
    HDD: Seagate SATA II 500GB/7200
    Seagate UATA 133 80GB/7200
    Fujitsu-Siemens SATA II 160GB/5400
    Soundcard: Integrated Realtek
    Repro: Basic 25W 2.1 speakers
    LCD: Belinea 1730 S1 17"

I know<-need big improvements. But this one computer, i´ve got after "accident". Previous comp<-electric fuse fail-> bigger voltage in power socket->cable fuse fail->i don´t know, what happened->Almost every power unit in my house "under smoke"->i don´t know what happened again->...............counting losses=unfortunately, all my comp down. Only "mouse" stay alive.

It is difficult to be asshole, because the competition is too great! ! !

• Time to upgrade my PC.

Advices welcome
    Looking for:
    4 or 6 cores CPU include good cooler
    8GB RAM(minimum 1333Mz frequenci)
    MB: Somethinh like Asus Formula
    2x 500GB HDD
    Good and quality case and power supply(around 800W)
    And GPU something like Radeon 6990
    Screen: I don´t want computer screen, but i want use LCD TV, approximately 42"
    Any advices?

Now i use:
    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 965
    RAM: Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 1333
    MB: Asus M4A89GTD Pro
    GPU: Radeon 3850 512/256/GDDR3
    PS: 800W XTX
    Case: Trendsonic
    HDD: Seagate SATA II 500GB/7200
    Seagate UATA 133 80GB/7200
    Fujitsu-Siemens SATA II 160GB/5400
    Soundcard: Integrated Realtek
    Repro: Basic 25W 2.1 speakers
    LCD: Belinea 1730 S1 17"

• you already have the AMD Athlon X4 965, what's wrong with that?
    I would boost your RAM with another 4GB
    and I would get a Radeon 6950 simply because you can easily overtact it to a 6970
    decent PSU's are from brands such as Corsair... OCZ... or Seasonic (expensive but top notch PSUs)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Edited once, last by Spiky-: it says optional FUCK YOU FIELD LET ME POST MY EDIT... hey OP if you read this you are gheeeeeeeyyyy TEEEHEEEE ().

• 2x 500GB HDD

These will make a lot of noise, a single decent 1 TB HDD would be much better.

Also, a good sound card won't do any harm, will it? ;) Microsoft promise to get back hardware sound acceleration with Win 8, so it makes some sense to spend on a Creative's X-Fi EMU20K-based gaming card like Titanium series or at least an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer.
    Don't even look at Recon3D or X-Fi Xtreme Audio or other cheaper solutions - neither of them can offer such a great processing power with rather good output quality.

• 8GB RAM(minimum 1333Mz frequenci)

More is beter vice versa :) 16 G or 24 G

Other comp >>> limited by $$$$

Cresthen is right.Also with 1 HDD u have smaller chance > failure HDD.
    1 HDD 1x2
    2 HDD 1x4 etc

Edited once, last by Husker: i hate this box!!!! Reason of editing (optional): my ass optional!!!cought... misstypo again insted x i type /. lol ().

• This MB i want: Asus Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt, AMD 990FX, AM3+, DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, RAID, PCIe 2.0 (x16), ATX,
    and RAM´s: Corsair X79 Memory Dominator 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel Desktop
    CMP16GX3M4X1866C9 - 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Dominator, PC3-14900 (1866), Non-ECC, CAS 9-10-9-27, DHX, XMP 1.3, 1.5V, X79, Z68 & P67

Approx 350Pounds=550.9US Dollars

• It's starting to look like a mess :D

If you have 2 HDD of same sizes, when one breaks, you still have the other one to see what's wrong in the 2nd one. If you only have 1, maybe it's less chances to get it corrupted, but you won't have a recovery or something to look inside the corrupted HDD to find out what's wrong.

Corsair Dominator DDR3 FTW ! :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• If you have 2 HDD of same sizes, when one breaks, you still have the other one to see what's wrong in the 2nd one. If you only have 1, maybe it's less chances to get it corrupted, but you won't have a recovery or something to look inside the corrupted HDD to find out what's wrong.

Backup, HDD image etc etc tools.

"All HDD data > for a period of 5 years are considered to be already lost " >>>data security

• Then you still need another HDD to copy the HDD images on. And it's pretty tough for those who have a collection of videos and games of about 1-5 TB... you can't make a backup of a video smaller than the video itself.

I prefer 2 HDDs for partitions and equipment safety rather than afraid of getting them corrupted. Different Operative Systems, each one ready for differeng bussiness and setups, and independence between the HDDs, also unhackable/virusable if done correctly. They can't break at once. I'm not sure how people destroy the HDDs... (in less than 1n year or 2) but the one I'm using daily on my older PC has 7 years and still works. This time included sudden shut downs, lights going out, etc.
    HDDs make failures (and get corrupted), mostly cus of the PC which sends the wrong data when making an error(or when lights went off, etc), but while you don't hit the HDD/PC for not working as you want, it's always repairable :D If you let those errors stay arround as the PC works after you restart it, it will just be worse the next time it happens.

If you hear weak metalic cracks/clings from your PC, it means that the HDD is having problems with some errors you haven't noticed ^^ That sound means your HDD is stopping and moving constantly/periodically, as when you turn on and on the light in your room, spamming it on and off. The HDD will still work until it gives up...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• lol two hdd's with an OS on each you could just partition the damn thing well the first hd and have the second one as a backup.;)
    I always use partition on hd's and at the moment I have three partitions on my 500GB Samsung HD501LJ Sata hard drive with the following os's on seperate partitions.
    Windows Xp 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit and last but not least Kubuntu 11.10 64 bit as I have found Windows 7 doesn't allocate anymore then 3gb-3.25gb of ram on my machine even when using the 64 bit version and for a lot of people this is hardly ever the case but on my setup its just the way its behaving and yet in Xp if I use an 64bit version of Xp it allocates all of my 4gb of ram.
    I suspect its a kernel issue in Windows 7 or I just haven't turned on something in my bios but Kubuntu 11.10 64 bit and most Linux 64 bit os's allocates all my 4GB of ram just fine.
    I use Windows Xp because not all my Windows Xp programs work in Windows 7 and Kubuntu because I use Kdenlive, terminal for programming things etc as msdos/cmd in windows is crap for me.
    And also for Flightgear as Windows hogs around 30fps in simulators and emulators no joke, I suspect its crappy management of the vram or just aero being a hog and also it hogs around 20% of your bandwidth and yes I know how to fix that but still network connections are slower in windows.
    I only use Windows 7 for games mostly and benchmarking, overclocking and photoshop.:)

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

• I use 1 HDD for BS only
    Partitioned - XP multimedia edition and Win7 32bit installed
    2nd HDD for installed programs only
    3rd HDD for downloads only
    4th HDD as mirror of the 2nd HDD constantly
    and Linux system installed on a portable drive via USB-connection

I use 1 HDD for BS only

I think you meant OS (don´t think german when writing english :P)

• I think you meant OS (don´t think german when writing english :P)

OK thanks for the reminder
    for the record.

BS = Betriebssystem (German) ~ OS = Operating System (Englisch)

on the other hand. OS can most likely be BS as well :D e.g, Win 98ME

• Mr.Sphinx somehow managed to answer both directions 8|
    Reading forwards:
    [expander]

I use 1 HDD for BS only

don´t think german when writing english

[/expander]
    Reading backwards:
    [expander]

Operating System (Englisch)

don´t think german when writing english

[/expander]
    On topic: 4 HDDs or more is convenient indeed, but aren't they producing too much noise?
    My only 1 TB WD Caviar Blue, assembled in January 2011, is louder than any other thing in my PC, including 3 fans in total (all replaced by me to silent ones and work low-speed with additional resistance included in their power lines).
    When watching movies at night, or listening to quiet music, my hard disk makes me mad :cursing: