Another post full of ideas just like the others ...

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• Hello!

Im just making this post to write down my thoughts. I dont expect any implementation of my ideas whatsoever, i just want to share them.
    Also i dont know if any of these are posted already. I will keep my ideas short and punctional to keep it simple.

Info Sharing;

• Commodity - Map Transfer Disk
      Can be bought at bases and sold to players at a chosen ammount of credits.
      Transfers the map info from the current system from 1 player to another.
    • Commodity - Info-card Transfer Disk
      Can be bought at bases and sold to players at a chosen ammount of credits.
      Transfers Infocard info from the current system from 1 player to another.

Pod Prices

• I mentioned this idea in a earlier post.
      It sounds weird to me that you get same price for pods in prison everywhere. It would be cool if it became a bit more "realistic".

You have the 12 houses;
      (Border Worlds, Bretonia, Coalition, Crossfire, Dom’Kavash, Edge Worlds, Hispania, Independent Worlds, Kusari, Liberty, Nomads and Rheinland)
      It's weird that if you bring a Pod, collected from a Rheinland Police officer, to a prison in his own sector, and get the same price as if you took him to Kusari prison.
      So my idea was to make all pods types we have now, in different versions for each of the 12 house's.

So a;
      Escape Pod [Major] $80.000

Becomes;
      Escape Pod [Liberty Major]
      Escape Pod [Rheinland Major]
      etc...

This way you can make pods more valuable when you deliver them to more hostile places.
      So a Escape Pod from Liberty gives less profit when you deliver it to Texas and more if you deliver it to Hamburg.

Also if you make each version in Lawful and Unlawful versions. Example; Escape Pod [Liberty+ Major] and Escape Pod [Liberty- Major].
      Then you can also play with cash ammount there. Returning a Criminal to a prison, maybe a Outcast, Corsair, etc gives more money then returning a police officer to the prison.

So, ive written down my thoughts for so far, i hope you like my ideas, im off now to play your wonderfull mod :D

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson .
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford .
    If you aren’t making any mistakes, it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe. - John Maxwell .

Edited 5 times, last by WRobN ().

• As a pod guy, there's some good things there. But from a coding standpoint, it looks a bit complex. Might be a simpler way:

Example - I hunt a lot of Blood Dragons in Kusari space [over 30,000 kills at this point] but I can, if I choose, drop them off in Texas. Why would Liberty jails want Kusari prisoners at all? One would think they have enough of their own. So, how about Kusari criminals only worth credits in Kusari space? And Liberty criminals only worth credits in Liberty space? Also, what about criminals which operate almost everywhere, like Lane Hackers and Xenos [which everyone hates]? Perhas they can be the ones that can be dropped off everywhere. In my opinion, police pods should not be able to be sold at prison stations. They are cops, after all. Military pods could be turned in...but not in their home systems. You'd have to take a Liberty Navy pod to Kusari or Rhienland space to turn them in.

Then there's the player problem. After the code/script guys spend weeks or months working it all out, the players will find the easiest way to get around it. Namely, hunting Outcast or Corsairs, which are criminals on everyone's list, and would likely be worth the same everywhere. Quite frankly, I don't know anyone who actively hunts police/military pods anyway as it's quite bad for your rep. It's a bit hard to fly from Point A to Pont B if all the lanes. gates and stations are shooting at you [most are controlled by the police/military]. If I do pick up a "good guy" pod, it's usually because he flew into the steady stream of energy coming from my Coaly Gattlings. :D But no one actually goes out and hunts police for pods. ***Correction: I sometimes but rarely hunt police/miliary to fix my reputation but I usually end up dumping the pods as they are low-end pods and usually only takes a few kills to fix a rep.***

So, to sum up my ramblings on the subject:
    House criminals can only be sold in their own space
    Police pods are worth nothing [or not dropped at all]
    Military pods must go to another house
    Global criminals can be sold anywhere since everyone hates them

But, as I said, in the end, players will end up taking the easy way and the coders will have wasted a lot of valuable time for nothing. I saw this happen in Crossfire 1.8...you didn't need a liscence to buy black market goods so EVERYONE smuggled. Cops, mercs, pirates, everybody. Folks made billions and billions in a very short period of time just because they could. It was fast. It was easy. It was clearly against the posted rules but they did it anyway as there was no code to enforce it. And even though I'm a member of IOC [which is a merc/"trader" clan], I only "traded" about a half dozen times. I made 99.9% of my money on pods. :D

Edited once, last by Rex Nebular ().

• This is not pod hunting server 24/7. Dont like it.

• there are how many factions in CF?
    +50 for sure
    and we have +20 ranks (dunno atm)
    -> 1000 new commodities... not only balanced over the stations but also on +300 loadouts (which often are shared by the factions)

it would take us several months creating that ... not knowing which side effects it will have

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This is not pod hunting server 24/7. Dont like it.

Where do you get this thoughts??? My idea doesnt make your mentioned situation become true?
    You dont even explain why you dont like the idea, I think this is exaggerated and not thought trough...
    Plz clarify your opinion some more...

there are how many factions in CF?
    +50 for sure
    and we have +20 ranks (dunno atm)
    -> 1000 new commodities... not only balanced over the stations but also on +300 loadouts (which often are shared by the factions)

it would take us several months creating that ... not knowing which side effects it will have

No factions, only houses, damn i even wanna do it myself.
    I will make the entries for you and put it in a txt so you can import it to your own.
    There are 15 Pod entries * 12 houses = 180 enties. No problem bec they r all the same.
    There are just 9 prisons to add the data.
    And then per item you need to change the credit value a bit for each prison

Only doing the +/- thingy would need factions to have pods...

Edit: i dont know if random drops is split in good and evil or just one file, if split, the good vs evil thing is easy.

So if you like ill make it, then noone needs to complain on how much work this is...

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson .
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford .
    If you aren’t making any mistakes, it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe. - John Maxwell .

Edited once, last by WRobN ().

• just houses? and no factions?
    but you know that the entire pod system is based on factions?
    there are 4 houses in sirius... so that also would mean that only killing police or naval ships will gives you pods

this gets a clear no from me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• WRobN:

Simply too complicated for novice and in later stages (veteran pod hunter) does not make any difference to game play. I think we have ""better parts"" for change to improve gameplay on CF server.