Darkstar One Mesa Mod

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Norbert.

• The coveted Mesa Mod for Darkstar One

This is the most widely used mod for Darkstar one that is out there. What this mod does is,

• Gives you infinite money to use.

• Allows you to have a 10-10-10 ship by reducing the number of artifacts you need for higher levels.

• Makes the flak missions a whole ton easier

• Increases your shield power

• Increases the speed of your afterburner

• Increases afterburner duration

• Increases weapon energy

So basically, if you can still lose the game with this mod running, then you need to find another game. :P

Enjoy! :D :D :D

[webdisk]1109[/webdisk]

• Sometimes you might encounter a CTD problem within the Mesa Mod which occurs when the mission just before the 2nd flak mission starts, where you have to prevent the drones from landing on the science station. It's an issue in the script STORY_024.lua, which I have corrected and uploaded to my fav forum. I don't know why that issue doesn't occur every time, maybe there is a difference between the distributions of the DVD's from the old Ubisoft (Ascaron) and the newer Kalypso Media (Purple Hills) versions.

If this happens to you, you can download the corrected script from here:

Darkstar One Mesa Mod Problem (answer #3)

There is no installation needed, just copy it to the folder "scripts" of the mod and rename it by removing the extension ".txt". If this folder doesn't exist yet, create a new one.
    Same procedure, if you encounter this problem in a other mod or the original game. In the last case you must create a empty mod first which only contains the folder "scripts", the corrected script copied to this folder and the file "darkstarmod.ini".

[sign=1]Happy New Year to all of you![/sign]

„The way to credence is short and easy, the way to knowledge a long harsh slog.“
    „Der Weg zum Glauben ist kurz und bequem, der Weg zum Wissen lang und steinig.“

Edited 2 times, last by Norbert ().

• thanks for the info

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So basically I never read anything ever, so sorry for necrothreading...

Anyway, in relation to that, the bug you mention does NOT occur with the GoG.com version of the game. I've tested it all the way through there.