Effects Glitch after using trade lanes (SP)

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Thrannduil.

• When I'm playing SP, after using a trade lane all the engines, trails, and anything glowy in space flickers terribly and gets thrown all over the screen, and it doesn't get fixed unless I restart freelancer. Any ideas as to whats causing it or how to fix it, as it's totally unplayable right now.

• This doesn't seem to be the error where, after exiting a Trade Lane, you still see the same lane effects as before, and when you go by another lane, you see 2 effects at once, you say it spawns all over the screen ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It´s most likely the Driver of your Grafics Cards - i had a similar Problem with the Notebook i use - i used to install the recommended Driver of the Manufacturer of my Notebook which is older than the actual one from the Cards Manufacturer to get rid of it.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I think I found the problem. I am playing on an Alienware m14x with both an Nvidia GeForce gt555M and an integrated Intel GPU, and an Nvidia program automatically selects which one to use for applications to use less power if not required. It was running freelancer using the integrated GPU, but I just switched it to the Nvidia which should fix any problems I had with it, testing it now. Also, for the advanced shader, what do the 3 different options do?

EDIT: For some reason, after the SWAT logo it freezes on a purple screen. It only happens when I set it to use the Nvidia GPU, but works fine with the integrated one?

Edited 2 times, last by Thrannduil: Tested ().